Derek Wingo Finally Gets Miami Offer

Matthew_Suero

Junior
Premium
"It was a big one. I've been waiting for it for a long time so definitely a big one. Coach Diaz and a lot of the other coaches have been on me a lot lately so I finally got the news. It's definitely one I'm going to look up to and look into. It's home. A lot of guys like Anthony Solomon and Avery Huff have been around here and are committed here. It's definitely something I am looking into and they are pushing hard on it."

Right now, Ohio State looks very much like the team to beat for Wingo. With that being said, today was a good day for Miami. Walking into the gym, because of a lightning delay, Wingo was talking to his teammates about the new IPF and how great it will be when it is finished. He also talked about how nice the new student housing will be, which will be finished by the time the 2020 class arrives on campus. One of the best things Miami has going for them right now is Wingo's relationship with Solomon and Huff. One of the first things he said after getting the offer was he can now continue to play with those two guys. Also, Wingo tagged Mike Harley on Twitter when he posted that he had received a Miami offer. The STA brotherhood is strong and working in Miami's favor.

Advertisement
This is why offering Mike Harley made sense and we were all screaming for it. STA is a strong fraternity and when you have a local baller in your backyard, you need to keep him home even if there are some measurable concerns. ****, Harley getting SFE to throw up the U at a UF visit makes the scholarship worth it in my book lol.

This is why offering Mike Harley made sense and we were all screaming for it. STA is a strong fraternity and when you have a local baller in your backyard, you need to keep him home even if there are some measurable concerns. ****, Harley getting SFE to throw up the U at a UF visit makes the scholarship worth it in my book lol.

Well said brother. Well said.

I think this logic needs to be expanded to other schools. IMG, Coral City, Heritage (somehow) all have at least 1-3 Div 1 level prospects yearly and we need to use this as recruiting tactic.

Chatfield not getting an offer until late in the process hurt us with all the heritage kids. It wasn't anywhere near the deciding factor but it played a part.

Love what the staff is doing at STA, but I personally wish they would have taken Brown at linebacker and find room for Davis.. I went them ALL!

Advertisement
Chatfield getting offered late in the process didn't lose us any of the Heritage kids. They were not coming here. If that logic is supposed to make sense Silvera would not be a Cane.

CANE.

"It was a big one. I've been waiting for it for a long time so definitely a big one. Coach Diaz and a lot of the other coaches have been on me a lot lately so I finally got the news. It's definitely one I'm going to look up to and look into. It's home. A lot of guys like Anthony Solomon and Avery Huff have been around here and are committed here. It's definitely something I am looking into and they are pushing hard on it."

Right now, Ohio State looks very much like the team to beat for Wingo. With that being said, today was a good day for Miami. Walking into the gym, because of a lightning delay, Wingo was talking to his teammates about the new IPF and how great it will be when it is finished. He also talked about how nice the new student housing will be, which will be finished by the time the 2020 class arrives on campus. One of the best things Miami has going for them right now is Wingo's relationship with Solomon and Huff. One of the first things he said after getting the offer was he can now continue to play with those two guys. Also, Wingo tagged Mike Harley on Twitter when he posted that he had received a Miami offer. The STA brotherhood is strong and working in Miami's favor.

I think this logic needs to be expanded to other schools. IMG, Coral City, Heritage (somehow) all have at least 1-3 Div 1 level prospects yearly and we need to use this as recruiting tactic.

Chatfield not getting an offer until late in the process hurt us with all the heritage kids. It wasn't anywhere near the deciding factor but it played a part.

Love what the staff is doing at STA, but I personally wish they would have taken Brown at linebacker and find room for Davis.. I went them ALL!

IMG kids are mercenaries for the most part and as long as Choad is at AH forget them. And at CC we have a pretty good track record. Also, while the HS in roads are important at certain schools it’s just as important to make the right connects with certain (ie not the completely dirty) 7v7 and youth program coaches.

IMG kids are mercenaries for the most part and as long as Choad is at AH forget them. And at CC we have a pretty good track record. Also, while the HS in roads are important at certain schools it’s just as important to make the right connects with certain (ie not the completely dirty) 7v7 and youth program coaches.

Fair points! But I think as long as we keep a steady connection from these schools (at least 1 or 2 players per class) we can really pitch playing at home and winning with your brothers.

Advertisement
Fair points! But I think as long as we keep a steady connection from these schools (at least 1 or 2 players per class) we can really pitch playing at home and winning with your brothers.

Few kids today think like that about their HS schools. They are recruited / transfer to schools all the time, severing those bonds.

And one other comment on IMG. Seems like a lot of posters talk of it in same vain as a MD/ Broward HS. It is a couple hours away and has players from across country. Not saying you don’t want strong presence, BUT, this should never be considered a local school in any definition of the word.

This was said by me...when QUINCY WILSON was a prospect. We didn't offer and it eventually cost us a good number of prospects ...including him as an nfl player. A lot of the same guys who are currently on the board were saying the same things as well..'Trust the coaches"..they know more"..etc. Them clowns offered Dortch and Ryan Mayes.lmao

Harley was a plugged in kid in a similar way.

This was said by me...when QUINCY WILSON was a prospect. We didn't offer and it eventually cost us a good number of prospects ...including him as an nfl player. A lot of the same guys who are currently on the board were saying the same things as well..'Trust the coaches"..they know more"..etc. Them clowns offered Dortch and Ryan Mayes.lmao

Harley was a plugged in kid in a similar way.

Butch offered Dortch. People instantly thought he was a good get because of that reason.

Advertisement
Finally? The kid hasn’t even started his junior season yet. It’s this sort of goofball dramatic **** from local clowns that turns kids off to UM for no reason.

Advertisement
Derek Wingo had to get stitches on his foot and has been ruled out for St. Thomas' week 1 matchup vs DeMatha. He should return by next week.

Nah, Chatfield wasn't that important. All we learned last year was that Silvera was the only player on that team with any real balls.

Aside from him, it was two SEC throat gaggers and a buttsore little wimp who will fit in perfect in Gainesville.

Nah, Chatfield wasn't that important. All we learned last year was that Silvera was the only player on that team with any real balls.

Aside from him, it was two SEC throat gaggers and a buttsore little wimp who will fit in perfect in Gainesville.
I agree...usually everyone back pedals when somebody doesn't commit to us saying we didn't want them. But i know for a fact I read quite a few people on here saying that Nesta had to be the one we didn't lose which I agree with.

Advertisement
Back