Derek Wingo Finally Gets Miami Offer

Lol let me guess you were the first one 😂

I dont know if you were around here..but one of the first i guess. I coach youth ball in the area so know of alot of these kids coming up BEFORE others. I knew of Quincy and Chad's other kid because they live in my area. I was high on Quincy as ever. Alot of the board wasnt feeling his talent as a cb.
I mean i could start posting on some kids to look out for NOW..that will likely blow up in 2-3 years. Coaching youth ball and having best friends as high school head coaches throughout Dade and Broward gets me privy to this info on who the studs are.

Advertisement
I dont know if you were around here..but one of the first i guess. I coach youth ball in the area so know of alot of these kids coming up BEFORE others. I knew of Quincy and Chad's other kid because they live in my area. I was high on Quincy as ever. Alot of the board wasnt feeling his talent as a cb.
I mean i could start posting on some kids to look out for NOW..that will likely blow up in 2-3 years. Coaching youth ball and having best friends as high school head coaches throughout Dade and Broward gets me privy to this info on who the studs are.

Congrats?

Quincy was during the Golden era. What's your point?

This was said by me...when QUINCY WILSON was a prospect. We didn't offer and it eventually cost us a good number of prospects ...including him as an nfl player. A lot of the same guys who are currently on the board were saying the same things as well..'Trust the coaches"..they know more"..etc. Them clowns offered Dortch and Ryan Mayes.lmao

Harley was a plugged in kid in a similar way.

Are you implying we offered too late? Kid just became a Junior in High School so this shouldn’t be an issue. If the timetable of the offer is that much of a factor, at this point, Miami isn’t a serious option.

Are you implying we offered too late? Kid just became a Junior in High School so this shouldn’t be an issue. If the timetable of the offer is that much of a factor, at this point, Miami isn’t a serious option.

Had nothing to do with the timing of this kid particular offer. Considering we are exactly early on Wingo. He played some qb last year not much LB at all and already has a um offer based off of camps and projection.

We didnt offer Quincy Wilson AT ALL...Quincy Wilson was a pretty plugged in recruit (like Harley) where he was friends with alot of other recruits down the pipeline and held some sort of respect. Not offering HIM caused us a few recruits in other classes.

Has nothing to do with whats taking place now with Richt.

Advertisement
Congrats?

Quincy was during the Golden era. What's your point?

Read the thread...

My point was based off of this.

"This is why offering Mike Harley made sense and we were all screaming for it. STA is a strong fraternity and when you have a local baller in your backyard, you need to keep him home even if there are some measurable concerns. ****, Harley getting SFE to throw up the U at a UF visit makes the scholarship worth it in my book lol."

Had nothing to do with the timing of this kid particular offer. Considering we are exactly early on Wingo. He played some qb last year not much LB at all and already has a um offer based off of camps and projection.

We didnt offer Quincy Wilson AT ALL...Quincy Wilson was a pretty plugged in recruit (like Harley) where he was friends with alot of other recruits down the pipeline and held some sort of respect. Not offering HIM caused us a few recruits in other classes.

Understood. Unfortunately, the last staff ran this program like a bunch of amateurs.

I knew not offering Quincy was going to bite us back in the a**

Advertisement
I was saying it back then. Everyone downplayed it to be honest.
If Quincy committed to us we’re talking about potentially grabbing Marco, Surtain Jr and/or Campbell, directly afterwards..smh Golden had one job

Last edited:
Advertisement
There was Penn State buzz after he took a visit up their this past season but I wasn't expecting a decision anywhere this early.

Advertisement
Yep. But this a guy we offered late in the game. This is y u offer a kid even if he’s favored to go to another school. U just never know what happens.
This was the kid throwing up the U in Gators gear. If we didnt meltdown this year we had a solid chance with him.

This is the Mike Lb we need in 2020. Gotta keep recruiting him and have a good 2019 season

This upcoming season is make or break for this staff... two so-so years and then lay a dude year 3 turns off all the elite kids

Mork needs to figure it out or is gone

Advertisement
Back