Derek Wingo Finally Gets Miami Offer

Advertisement
Am I the only one who could care less if we land this kid?

Much better true LBs in this class than Wingo.

Not to mention he seems to have very little interest in us and is looking to head out of state.

I personally hate taking guys who have never played a true LB position in HS to play LB at Miami.

It has never worked out for us and we always try it.

Hopefully Joyner and Brooks can change that.

The school need lb’s.
We have one of the best in the country at sta.
One of the best receivers in the country is at sta.
One of the best lineman in the country goes to sta.
None of them are coming here.
What imaginary pipeline are we talking about?
Irvin and Harley?
We haven’t gotten a single blue chip dude from there in a while.

Not to mention he seems to have very little interest in us and is looking to head out of state.

I personally hate taking guys who have never played a true LB position in HS to play LB at Miami.

Terrible take bro

Wingo would be a huge get but he’s not coming here

The school need lb’s.
Irvin and Harley?
Wingo has yet to play LB in HS but he is one of the best LBs in the country?

Maybe to some idiots that run recruiting sites.

Guy has film at QB and DE.

Film is not even that great.

He should be rated as an ATH not LB.

I'd take 3star Josh White from Texas over this "one of the best LBs in the country" guy in a second.

Advertisement
The school need lb’s.
Irvin and Harley?

Looks these Broward County Mercenaries aren't going to play for a 7-6 program who loses to basketball schools.

Terrible take bro

Wingo would be a huge get but he’s not coming here
Terrible take?

Please tell me a guy we have brought in to play LB here that only rushed the passer in HS that has made a significant impact?

The closest was a career back up in Mike Smith and Joyner is getting his shot now with our depth issues.

Hopefully Joyner and Brooks can do here what others (who were much higher ranked like MRob and McCord and were also considered "huge gets") couldn't.

I have played both DE and MLB in HS and there is a tremendous learning curve that most never seem to make it past.

Need LBs with instincts, I don't care how big they are.

Our best LBs in school history came in under 6'1 205 (Lewis, Vilma, Perryman, Spence, Morgan etc...)

Last edited:

The reason you haven’t seen Wingo play much linebacker is because of the guys who we a year older than him, not because of his talent. I have watched him this offseason and I think he will turn some heads this year now that he can actually play linebacker. I’m my opinion he is the best linebacker in the state.

Advertisement
The reason you haven’t seen Wingo play much linebacker is because of the guys who we a year older than him, not because of his talent. I have watched him this offseason and I think he will turn some heads this year now that he can actually play linebacker. I’m my opinion he is the best linebacker in the state.
Playing LB in 7 on 7 and in shorts is a different world from the real thing when you add OL coming to knock your head off and you need to make split second decisions.

I will wait to see him playing LB this season in games before making a statement like you just did.

That would mean double digit tackles every game from the LB position.

If STA continues to keep him on the edge, rushing the passer it will be a huge red flag IMO with all the LBs they just lost.

Advertisement
How people on this site are forgetting the Blades is from STA is beyond me.
He was a lock like Irvin and he decommitted after the abortion with Clemson (can’t blame him) but we keep referring to this pipeline but can’t land any of their top kids.
Yes we haven’t landed many of the talent down here because of where we’ve been as a program.
But any kid from that school that’s a blue chipper is no different than any other kid from down here.

He was a lock like Irvin and he decommitted after the abortion with Clemson (can’t blame him) but we keep referring to this pipeline but can’t land any of their top kids.
Yes we haven’t landed many of the talent down here because of where we’ve been as a program.
But any kid from that school that’s a blue chipper is no different than any other kid from down here.

I might be killed for this but for the last 5 years, name a STA bluechipper that made an impact on the College level?

Advertisement
Kid called UF the home team. Yuck.
That's because he's not actually from Broward, he's originally from Naples then moved to Ft. Lauderdale.

I've explained this on the board a bunch of times too lol he was never high on Miami & we never had a shot with him, he was always going to either PSU, UF or another school elsewhere.

At Miami or everywhere?

Every where

I know of the Bosas even tho I think the younger Bosa is vastly overrated. But I cant really put my finger on anyone else from STA that has truly either made an impact or even played up to their rankings.

Advertisement
Back