Derek Wingo Finally Gets Miami Offer

Advertisement
He started ranked in the top 20-30’s range. The obvious is that the rankings were based off camps bc the obvious once again is, he didn’t play. So it’s not me it’s reality. How can someone that doesn’t start, isn’t hurt, barely plays, get a higher ranking than the guy who is making plays in front of him? It’s pathetic that blind fans like yourself would try to justify his ranking and call him a blue chip when you saw absolutely nothing from him smh.. that’s our fan base tho, delusion.

You do realize that part of the ranking system is projecting their skills and measurables for the next levels? Asante Samuel might have been a fine corner in HS but if I need a box of cereal off the top of the fridge i'm not calling him.

Again, best local ATH projected to play LB.

He can not be the best local LB you saw if he never played LB in a game.

I have never seen any DE make a seemless transition to the LB position, and it all has to do with a LBs most important trait and that is LB instincts.

They take a while to develop, so I’m not going to make the same mistake these scouting sites do every cycle by listing guys that have never played the position as top 5 LBs in the nation just b/c they are a certain size and can move well when there may be one guy out of ten that make that transition successfully, and most never produce for a few years.

EVERYTHING is a projection.

Next to guys that played line backer for some time...He stands out rather easily.

One of the big concerns with some of these projected stand up rush guys ....is cover ability and transitioning. I mostly seen Wingo in 7 on 7 type events and he covers rather well and easily. He's the goods.

Kid legit played qb 2 years ago. This isnt some straightline athlete that they had line up in a wide 9 and rush up field.

This is s.fla...it will forever be the thing as their isnt much schools with legitimate sized kids to play on the DL. If a kid is 6'1 200 pds more than likely he will be at END. Speed is the name of the game in s.fla ball on defense.

Advertisement
You do realize that part of the ranking system is projecting their skills and measurables for the next levels? Asante Samuel might have been a fine corner in HS but if I need a box of cereal off the top of the fridge i'm not calling him.
You not calling Bandy neither but if ND QB throw a lazy out guess what?

He started ranked in the top 20-30’s range. The obvious is that the rankings were based off camps bc the obvious once again is, he didn’t play. So it’s not me it’s reality. How can someone that doesn’t start, isn’t hurt, barely plays, get a higher ranking than the guy who is making plays in front of him? It’s pathetic that blind fans like yourself would try to justify his ranking and call him a blue chip when you saw absolutely nothing from him smh.. that’s our fan base tho, delusion.
You seem to be struggling with this discussion. I am not justifying his ranking in any way, shape or form. It just is what it is. He was ranked a blue chipper, and had offers to support it. You seem to have a strong emotional view that his ranking was wrong. Maybe it was. They’re wrong on some kids every year. But there is nothing unusual about some kids getting ranked higher based on prototype measurables, or camp performance, or both. Happens all the time. Other kids play well in Hs but aren’t projected to grow into great college players. They generally get lower ranked. Also not uncommon in the least. That’s your problem. You’re foaming at the mouth about Blades, and can’t seem to wrap your head around the obvious fact that the ranking world and many top cfb programs just disagreed with you. Maybe they wanted him for potential, rather than HS play. Okay. So what? Rankings are rankings.

But it’s not odd to claim someone is elite or a blue chip without actually seeing them play huh? Interesting..

Not on the least. Does anyone in the world see all the Hs recruits play? Are you seriously suggesting we shouldn’t discuss recruits unless we watch them live?

The funny thing is, only discussion here is about how he was viewed as a recruit. Not by you, or me, other posters. But by the constituencies that are relevant to determining how recruits are viewed. That’s mostly college coaches and then rating services (which largely go off what college coaches conclude).

Advertisement
You seem to be struggling with this discussion. I am not justifying his ranking in any way, shape or form. It just is what it is. He was ranked a blue chipper, and had offers to support it. You seem to have a strong emotional view that his ranking was wrong. Maybe it was. They’re wrong on some kids every year. But there is nothing unusual about some kids getting ranked higher based on prototype measurables, or camp performance, or both. Happens all the time. Other kids play well in Hs but aren’t projected to grow into great college players. They generally get lower ranked. Also not uncommon in the least. That’s your problem. You’re foaming at the mouth about Blades, and can’t seem to wrap your head around the obvious fact that the ranking world and many top cfb programs just disagreed with you. Maybe they wanted him for potential, rather than HS play. Okay. So what? Rankings are rankings.
I’m not using a ranking based off a camp. I’m telling you to use your eyes and football acumen and tell me how in the **** is Blades a blue chip when he didn’t even play and wasn’t injured? That’s not a blue chip, Battle was a STA blue chip. Do think they played similar to one another? Did Blades resemble Tyson Campbell or PS2? What about Brandon Harris or Tracy Howard? Brownlee did WAY more than Blades did and he was a 3 star. Blue chips don’t need a recruiting site for you to know their blue chips. You threw to S. Moss, did Rivals have to tell you he was a stud?

Not on the least. Does anyone in the world see all the Hs recruits play? Are you seriously suggesting we shouldn’t discuss recruits unless we watch them live?

The funny thing is, only discussion here is about how he was viewed as a recruit. Not by you, or me, other posters. But by the constituencies that are relevant to determining how recruits are viewed. That’s mostly college coaches and then rating services (which largely go off what college coaches conclude).
Bro I’m suggesting that an elite blue chip at least starts for their team. If not, they play a lot in nickel or something. Blades did neither but you insist that bc Rivals ranked him high he was a blue chip. Bro he didn’t even play and he wasn’t in trouble or hurt, he couldn’t beat nobody out. That’s not a blue chip.

Bro, his family is royalty at UM, don’t act crazy. ****, Ray Lewis Jr got a shollie.

Advertisement
Harris made hella plays at CC, especially the championship year. He had the big TD vs Lake Gibson which was eventually the ball game. Posters are saying we got an elite blue chip from STA when we got Blades. Yet and still, no one saw him do any **** thing to warrant that ranking but continue to insist he was elite. The only proof was at the flag football circuits, which are the summer camps. I’m not saying he’s not going to succeed, I’m just saying, he’s yet to do anything significant in two years to even suggest he’s Miami caliber other than his size and his name.

Blades played two years already?

Bro, his family is royalty at UM, don’t act crazy. ****, Ray Lewis Jr got a shollie.
According to Rivals, he had offers from Alabama, Georgia and FSU. Maybe they’re wrong. I guess we never know. I point out their failings all the time. But they probably believed it and tried to validate it, given they ranked him where they did. They don’t generally prefer UM recruits. Not these days.

Oh, and your Lewis Jr. analogy is a complete face plant fail. He didn’t get ranked top 60 in the country, and didn’t have major SEC offers.

But the analogy does tell us how you feel.

Bro I’m suggesting that an elite blue chip at least starts for their team. If not, they play a lot in nickel or something. Blades did neither but you insist that bc Rivals ranked him high he was a blue chip. Bro he didn’t even play and he wasn’t in trouble or hurt, he couldn’t beat nobody out. That’s not a blue chip.
You are free to have your own definition of blue chip. We all are. But it’s irrelevant to the question of whether a kid was a ‘blue chipper’ as a general matter. Blue chipper for you? Okay. Publish your list so everyone can see how often you’re right.

But for everyone other than you, blue chip has to have some meaning by reference to what college coaches actually think and perhaps rating services. It’s fine to say 59 is too low to be ‘blue chip.’ You can draw the cutoff at 30 and say it’s only 5*. That’s objective. It doesn’t matter to me either way. Just don’t keep insisting that your blessing is what’s required to call someone a blue chip. If Rivals ranked Blades #20 in the country, you’d still be saying the same thing. You just don’t like him. We get it.

Advertisement
I’m not using a ranking based off a camp. I’m telling you to use your eyes and football acumen and tell me how in the **** is Blades a blue chip when he didn’t even play and wasn’t injured? That’s not a blue chip, Battle was a STA blue chip. Do think they played similar to one another? Did Blades resemble Tyson Campbell or PS2? What about Brandon Harris or Tracy Howard? Brownlee did WAY more than Blades did and he was a 3 star. Blue chips don’t need a recruiting site for you to know their blue chips. You threw to S. Moss, did Rivals have to tell you he was a stud?
lolol

Advertisement
Back