Derek Wingo Finally Gets Miami Offer

Who gives a scit what guys who never played thinks? You have seen him play right? You saw Pat P play right? You saw Campbell play right? You saw Ramsey play right? Big difference in elite and Blades.
Great retort. So the definition of ‘Blue Chip’ is now whoever you say it is?

And Patrick Johnson, as he was known in HS, wasn’t just a ‘blue chip.’. He was the best CB prospect in a decade.

Just define blue chip in a way you can apply it in advance, and without your subjectivity. Is it 5* kids only? 6.0 or better on Rivals? Top 50? Top 60? Top 100?

Advertisement
He was a Top 100 composite in the Final rankings, tf is your issue??

No matter how you want to Spin it, 4* especially Top 100 is a **** blue chipper
Based off politics. What did he do at STA that was blue chip scit? Not the camps at the school on Friday nights?

Great retort. So the definition of ‘Blue Chip’ is now whoever you say it is?

And Patrick Johnson, as he was known in HS, wasn’t just a ‘blue chip.’. He was the best CB prospect in a decade.

Just define blue chip in a way you can apply it in advance, and without your subjectivity. Is it 5* kids only? 6.0 or better on Rivals? Top 50? Top 60? Top 100?
But he played QB in high school too. My point is, Blades didn’t even play how he a blue chip?

Advertisement
But he played QB in high school too. My point is, Blades didn’t even play how he a blue chip?
You keep saying the same thing. If you want to publish your list of blue chips every year, go ahead. Time will show whether you’re better than rivals.

But if you want to keep at the discussion, at last give your criteria in advance. How many ‘blue chip’ r3cruits are there in a class? And who decides how they are determined?

Rivals ranked Blades #59 in the class. And big time programs gave him offers. IMO that makes him a blue chip recruit.

You keep saying the same thing. If you want to publish your list of blue chips every year, go ahead. Time will show whether you’re better than rivals.

But if you want to keep at the discussion, at last give your criteria in advance. How many ‘blue chip’ r3cruits are there in a class? And who decides how they are determined?

Rivals ranked Blades #59 in the class. And big time programs gave him offers. IMO that makes him a blue chip recruit.
Did you see him play his Sr year? Bc you keep bringing up Rivals, the flag football site. Go to their flag football camps in the summer and give you high rankings. What’s Blades numbers from his Sr year? Let’s see how elite he is bc he couldn’t out play Dean last season.

Did you see him play his Sr year? Bc you keep bringing up Rivals, the flag football site. Go to their flag football camps in the summer and give you high rankings. What’s Blades numbers from his Sr year? Let’s see how elite he is bc he couldn’t out play Dean last season.
This is stupid. Unlike you, Rivals puts themselves on the line by publishing their rankings for all to see. They don’t give everyone high rankings. To the contrary, they ranked Blades above every player in the country other than 58 specific kids, who they named. He was 59. See how that works? He was top 60 in the country by the largest recruiting service. You can disagree with them all you want, but by an objective measure, he was a ‘blue chip’ recruit.

You sound like a hater, tbh.

And neither did ivey, that’s meaningless. Quit hating on blades like that ****...He has elite size at the position and is physically gifted, with rumph he will put it all together.

Advertisement
I mean the coaches are impressed with him but since what he did or didn’t do at STA will be the only deciding factor if he succeeds at Miami according to that guy it won’t matter right?....
Yup, we still have a few years to find out.

Advertisement
You mean ATH who may finally play LB this year...

If STA keeps him on the edge and not a traditional LB spot after losing all those LBs it will be a huge red flag IMO.

This is sta..they loose linebackers and replace them.with 3 stars from other schools. They had andy garcia lined up.

Wingo isnt coming here..but he is the goods and the best local.lb i saw in peraon

I might be killed for this but for the last 5 years, name a STA bluechipper that made an impact on the College level?

Good lord man. Just look at the draft. Last 5 years? Some Bosa brothers. The cardinals starting TE I believe got drafted 2 classes ago. Jordan Scarlett went 5th round this year. Rashad Greene is fsu all time leading wr prob about 5-6 years ago. There are many more but I’m mot gonna look it up and for one high school that is pretty dam sick.

This is sta..they loose linebackers and replace them.with 3 stars from other schools. They had andy garcia lined up.

Wingo isnt coming here..but he is the goods and the best local.lb i saw in peraon
Again, best local ATH projected to play LB.

He can not be the best local LB you saw if he never played LB in a game.

I have never seen any DE make a seemless transition to the LB position, and it all has to do with a LBs most important trait and that is LB instincts.

They take a while to develop, so I’m not going to make the same mistake these scouting sites do every cycle by listing guys that have never played the position as top 5 LBs in the nation just b/c they are a certain size and can move well when there may be one guy out of ten that make that transition successfully, and most never produce for a few years.

Advertisement
And neither did ivey, that’s meaningless. Quit hating on blades like that ****...He has elite size at the position and is physically gifted, with rumph he will put it all together.
Ivey had something like 6-8 picks his Sr year on one of the best defenses in the state. I’m waiting to hear Blades numbers his Sr season to validate your claim he was a blue chipper.

This is stupid. Unlike you, Rivals puts themselves on the line by publishing their rankings for all to see. They don’t give everyone high rankings. To the contrary, they ranked Blades above every player in the country other than 58 specific kids, who they named. He was 59. See how that works? He was top 60 in the country by the largest recruiting service. You can disagree with them all you want, but by an objective measure, he was a ‘blue chip’ recruit.

You sound like a hater, tbh.
You sound like a blind Homer. I’m waiting for you to give me the elite blue chipper numbers to validate Blades being a top 60... I know we may need walkers and wheelchairs before you can get back to me tho.

Most true freshmen do. He made plays too... what did Blades do the last two years?
Cam Harris wasn’t the workhorse back at Carol City he could’ve been. Nayquan got some carries over him.

Does that mean Cam can’t succeed at UM? Because he flashed a lot last year. A player can succeed at college more than in high school. A player can succeed in the NFL more than college.

So many factors go into how many reps players get in high school that to simply say because Blades lost some reps to Jaden Davis he won’t be good in college is just naive.

Advertisement
Back