Dequan Ivery?

Advertisement
Do we move jelani inside since Ivery is gone?I know he said he didn't want to play Dt but we're getting really thin.

I understand that we need more DT commits but I don't understand why some suggest what we have commited are scrubs.
Stuckey is not a plan-b type prospect . I guess it doesn't fit the narrative.

I think Chick, Grimble and J. Hamilton might be candidates to move inside at this point, but their style of play is geared towards DE. Maybe on passing downs we might see one of them at DT...If we are definitely moving to a 3-4 (all signs point that way), then the 5 current DTs (Porter, Pierre, Moore, Robinson, and King) might be enough.

Are Derosier and Kamalu still coming?

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think Chick, Grimble and J. Hamilton might be candidates to move inside at this point, but their style of play is geared towards DE. Maybe on passing downs we might see one of them at DT...If we are definitely moving to a 3-4 (all signs point that way), then the 5 current DTs (Porter, Pierre, Moore, Robinson, and King) might be enough.

Are Derosier and Kamalu still coming?

Hopefully Chick, Grimble, and Hamilton stay outside. We need them to set the edge.

Last I heard, Kamalu ain't coming.

Lol @ the people on here who think that if Ivery was a stud in the making he would have been kicked off the team for "undisclosed team violation and/or smoking weed". He would have been suspended for a few practices in Fall ball and Golden would have kept it moving. Look at how many chances EJ got and he BLATANTLY was dissin the rules. Ivery wasnt that good and there were reports early in the Spring that he wasnt doin his part as far as offseason conditioning. Double whammy..

If no one else gets in we are 75 players for our roster. At DT, 2 seniors, 2 juniors, & 2 sophomores. 2 current DTs signed, Stuckey (JUCO) & Courtel Jenkins. We might be getting harder than we think with scholarships from the ncaa. I have to believe we are preparing for that

yet we are throwing scholly's at kids with no other offers? doesnt add up

Who has not received an offer or is not being recruited by Miami that should have one/should be?

Well we got a commitment from a DE who has never played a down of high school football. I'm pumped.

We're talking DTs. Try and keep up.

I'm excited man, I heard that he's putting on some good weight and we are moving him inside to play DT, that's it. No need to get your panties in a bunch.

/You are now going to threathen me at the FAU game

Advertisement
Lol @ the people on here who think that if Ivery was a stud in the making he would have been kicked off the team for "undisclosed team violation and/or smoking weed". He would have been suspended for a few practices in Fall ball and Golden would have kept it moving. Look at how many chances EJ got and he BLATANTLY was dissin the rules. Ivery wasnt that good and there were reports early in the Spring that he wasnt doin his part as far as offseason conditioning. Double whammy..

Ivery has been in the doghouse almost as long as EJ, the difference is people tend to care more about arguably your best defensive player . They also tend to care less when you're 3-4 string Dt.

If he'd been our best DL the rumors would've been far louder and we'd been talking about it like we did EJ. We just didn't care DI was having issues.

Trust me when I say Ivery has been a pain in the *** from **** near day one.

Last edited:
yet we are throwing scholly's at kids with no other offers? doesnt add up

Who has not received an offer or is not being recruited by Miami that should have one/should be?

Well we got a commitment from a DE who has never played a down of high school football. I'm pumped.

I'm excited man, I heard that he's putting on some good weight and we are moving him inside to play DT, that's it. No need to get your panties in a bunch.

Excellent contribution. Hopefully you post here more often.

Excellent contribution. Hopefully you post here more often.

Thanks man. I just might have to.

Is scarey1984 a UM fan or one of the countless braindead trolls on here? Just trying to keep track.

Advertisement
Indeed, it can be difficult to tell what you have with interior linemen when they are so young...last year was just gravy as far as E Mo is concerned; from the experience he gained last season, he at least knows how much more he has to improve if he's going to be a significant contributor at DT. I am optimistic that he'll continue to improve as I have not heard anything that suggests he is lazy or not committed to our s/c program.

I hold out hope that Earl Moore can take a big step forward in his development so he can team up with Porter, Pierre, and Robinson. Who knows maybe Grimble will give us something as well. In any case, we've got to shore up the interior of our DL. Not real confident with Jethro to this point.

Too early to tell in my opinion. This year will be a better indicator.

Last year Pierre made a jump in his Sophomore year, to the point where he has a starting job locked up. Porter was hurt, and when he got back the DL was better. Robinson had maturity issues, but flashed. The rest were basically Freshmen, along with Grimble and the "The Plug" who played himself out of the rotation to the point where I don't remember his name.

Moore was Golden's first DT taken before his senior year even started, when Golden knew we needed big help at the position. He needs to be a "hit".

He didn't have 8 sacks, 10 tackles for loss, and 55 tackles as a Freshman... Obviously he will never amount to anything.

JAG.

I certainly never said that nor implied it so if you want to be a child then step out of the conversation.

My point is that he is a kid Golden targeted early and landed him. Obviously he fits what Golden and D have for their plan, so it's important that they nail that evaluation IMO. Not saying in any way shape or form that a true freshman should be out there killing people. I'm hoping to see strides from Moore similar to Pierre. That's much more important to me than stats right now.

maybe a kid like derosier or even that demetrius campabell who had to struggle will appreciate the opportunity more if they get it.

coaches were very high on earl moore, supposedly he works hard. hope he pans out. If you have doubts about stucky, watch his film,
he is an animal.

Indeed, it can be difficult to tell what you have with interior linemen when they are so young...last year was just gravy as far as E Mo is concerned; from the experience he gained last season, he at least knows how much more he has to improve if he's going to be a significant contributor at DT. I am optimistic that he'll continue to improve as I have not heard anything that suggests he is lazy or not committed to our s/c program.

Too early to tell in my opinion. This year will be a better indicator.

Last year Pierre made a jump in his Sophomore year, to the point where he has a starting job locked up. Porter was hurt, and when he got back the DL was better. Robinson had maturity issues, but flashed. The rest were basically Freshmen, along with Grimble and the "The Plug" who played himself out of the rotation to the point where I don't remember his name.

Moore was Golden's first DT taken before his senior year even started, when Golden knew we needed big help at the position. He needs to be a "hit".

He didn't have 8 sacks, 10 tackles for loss, and 55 tackles as a Freshman... Obviously he will never amount to anything.

JAG.

I certainly never said that nor implied it so if you want to be a child then step out of the conversation.

My point is that he is a kid Golden targeted early and landed him. Obviously he fits what Golden and D have for their plan, so it's important that they nail that evaluation IMO. Not saying in any way shape or form that a true freshman should be out there killing people. I'm hoping to see strides from Moore similar to Pierre. That's much more important to me than stats right now.

It was a shot at the posters here who have evaluated and determined that the young DTs on the roster stink after 1 year playing.

Relax bud.

Advertisement

JAG.

It was a shot at the posters here who have evaluated and determined that the young DTs on the roster stink after 1 year playing.

Relax bud.

Well you quoted my post, how else do you expect me to take it?

Anyway, I've got faith in Moore, I really do. He's a plug, but how many of those types of kids are ready from day 1? Not even the great and mighty Louis Nix dominated from day 1.

Its a long process for some of these guys and unfortunately our fanbase doesn't have the patience, especially with recruiting being an epic failure at the position last class.

Advertisement
Back