Dequan Ivery?

Advertisement
Not making excuses but we should be able to replace Ivery with a JUCO. I am non-believer #1 when it comes to sigining elite JUCO talent but Ivery is a kid we should be able to replace since he had zero production.

Advertisement
Don't worry guys, we'll be fine, we have Golden's 30 pillars of success.

What is the point of this BS? Does anyone not think there is a major issue at DT? Does reiterating it to the fans over and over again accomplish anything?

I swear some of our fans get hard at the issues we are having.

Advertisement
I hold out hope that Earl Moore can take a big step forward in his development so he can team up with Porter, Pierre, and Robinson. Who knows maybe Grimble will give us something as well. In any case, we've got to shore up the interior of our DL. Not real confident with Jethro to this point.

12.jpg

I hold out hope that Earl Moore can take a big step forward in his development so he can team up with Porter, Pierre, and Robinson. Who knows maybe Grimble will give us something as well. In any case, we've got to shore up the interior of our DL. Not real confident with Jethro to this point.

Too early to tell in my opinion. This year will be a better indicator.

Last year Pierre made a jump in his Sophomore year, to the point where he has a starting job locked up. Porter was hurt, and when he got back the DL was better. Robinson had maturity issues, but flashed. The rest were basically Freshmen, along with Grimble and the "The Plug" who played himself out of the rotation to the point where I don't remember his name.

Last year Pierre made a jump in his Sophomore year, to the point where he has a starting job locked up. Porter was hurt, and when he got back the DL was better. Robinson had maturity issues, but flashed. The rest were basically Freshmen, along with Grimble and the "The Plug" who played himself out of the rotation to the point where I don't remember his name.

You have to remember Pierre came from Prep, so although last year was his sophomore year, he was 3 years removed from HS. I think Moore's most dramatic jump will take place next year.

Advertisement
Its not good news that he's gone, since we could've been useful for the year as a practice squad member...but he gone, and its all about the kids we have here. And no more excuses, AG needs to land both bodies and players that can produce quickly.

You have to remember Pierre came from Prep, so although last year was his sophomore year, he was 3 years removed from HS. I think Moore's most dramatic jump will take place next year.

Going against this OL everyday in practice will certainly help as well. No team on the schedule will have a better one.

Indeed, it can be difficult to tell what you have with interior linemen when they are so young...last year was just gravy as far as E Mo is concerned; from the experience he gained last season, he at least knows how much more he has to improve if he's going to be a significant contributor at DT. I am optimistic that he'll continue to improve as I have not heard anything that suggests he is lazy or not committed to our s/c program.

Advertisement
Indeed, it can be difficult to tell what you have with interior linemen when they are so young...last year was just gravy as far as E Mo is concerned; from the experience he gained last season, he at least knows how much more he has to improve if he's going to be a significant contributor at DT. I am optimistic that he'll continue to improve as I have not heard anything that suggests he is lazy or not committed to our s/c program.

Moore was Golden's first DT taken before his senior year even started, when Golden knew we needed big help at the position. He needs to be a "hit".

True enough on your prognostication for when he'll make his most dramatic jump; I'm just hoping that this year we can see a significant improvement in him over last year, which all things considered was not that bad.

Moore was Golden's first DT taken before his senior year even started, when Golden knew we needed big help at the position. He needs to be a "hit".

He didn't have 8 sacks, 10 tackles for loss, and 55 tackles as a Freshman... Obviously he will never amount to anything.

JAG.

No doubt Cane. Truth be told we really can't afford misses at that position - no depth. I'm optimistic about Moore. I felt he played hard last season, but he wasn't strong enough to do what was being asked of him. Really hard for a true freshman to get in the trenches and make a big splash.

Advertisement
Back