Dequan Ivery?

Advertisement
True enough on your prognostication for when he'll make his most dramatic jump; I'm just hoping that this year we can see a significant improvement in him over last year, which all things considered was not that bad.

I hold out hope that Earl Moore can take a big step forward in his development so he can team up with Porter, Pierre, and Robinson. Who knows maybe Grimble will give us something as well. In any case, we've got to shore up the interior of our DL. Not real confident with Jethro to this point.

Too early to tell in my opinion. This year will be a better indicator.

Last year Pierre made a jump in his Sophomore year, to the point where he has a starting job locked up. Porter was hurt, and when he got back the DL was better. Robinson had maturity issues, but flashed. The rest were basically Freshmen, along with Grimble and the "The Plug" who played himself out of the rotation to the point where I don't remember his name.

You have to remember Pierre came from Prep, so although last year was his sophomore year, he was 3 years removed from HS. I think Moore's most dramatic jump will take place next year.

Moore or Pierre?

Indeed, it can be difficult to tell what you have with interior linemen when they are so young...last year was just gravy as far as E Mo is concerned; from the experience he gained last season, he at least knows how much more he has to improve if he's going to be a significant contributor at DT. I am optimistic that he'll continue to improve as I have not heard anything that suggests he is lazy or not committed to our s/c program.

I hold out hope that Earl Moore can take a big step forward in his development so he can team up with Porter, Pierre, and Robinson. Who knows maybe Grimble will give us something as well. In any case, we've got to shore up the interior of our DL. Not real confident with Jethro to this point.

Last year Pierre made a jump in his Sophomore year, to the point where he has a starting job locked up. Porter was hurt, and when he got back the DL was better. Robinson had maturity issues, but flashed. The rest were basically Freshmen, along with Grimble and the "The Plug" who played himself out of the rotation to the point where I don't remember his name.

Moore was Golden's first DT taken before his senior year even started, when Golden knew we needed big help at the position. He needs to be a "hit".

He didn't have 8 sacks, 10 tackles for loss, and 55 tackles as a Freshman... Obviously he will never amount to anything.

JAG.

This is what people are saying about Ivery

Well.. we see why now Golden has been offering every DT that made the Rivals top 15 list of best DTs in the country. He is finding that these guys just cant cut it. Ivery shouldnt be a surprise because he was a last minute signee and it was rumored he was being lazy in the offseason. I agree that getting rid of dead weight is a good thing.

BUT I will say again..Jethro Franklin's job should depend on the development of Pierre/Moore/Ivery/Grimble/King/Briscoe. Right now he has Pierre on the upswing. He has struck out with Ivery and Briscoe. If he cant get SOMETHING out of Moore or King or Grimble then he has to go. Im not asking him to turn these guys into Warren Sapp. But **** can they at least give us some Mark Ceasar or Delwyn Jones type production? We dont need stars. Just guys who can earn their scholie and not be the weak link.

Franchise doesnt blame Jethro but I will because not only can he not recruit. But ATM he is failing us at DT. He is on the clock..And Golden should not allow him to waste another crop of DTs that we have coming in. (Stuckey, Jenkins, maybe CJohnson/Valentine/Derosier) Dont throw good money after bad.

And my last point, people clowned the hiring of Art Kehoe (I was one of them) because we thought he was old and had lost the "it" factor it takes to be a great recruiter. I was dead wrong. Art is BALLIN' right now. Bringing in stud OL classes and NOT MAKING EXCUSES ABOUT SANCTIONS. Getting the job done. This guy could very well have the best OL class in the country if Martinez or Knox jump on. AND he has turned our OL into one of the best in the ACC maybe country. All with the same limitations as Jethro. No excuses.

Right now I hear a lot of moaning about "we need bodies."

When Golden got here, we needed bodies EVERYWHERE. I mean, we had squat. He had like a month to recruit. He found 'bodies.'

We've been filling so many needs, and the one position that is still dragging is DT. Not a good situation, but considering where we were - that's not bad.

I rather get rid of the dead wood, debride the dead tissue, and then work to get productive personnel. Nothing worse than trying to rely on someone who will NEVER meet his responsibilities.

I don't blame a guy for not being good, but I sure as Hades blame a lazy SOB.

Golden and crew know the situation and are likely pulling out every effort to fill our needs. But to help FILL our needs, we need additional OPENINGS, which means cutting the lazy ********. Lazy ******** are not just a net-net zero - but the drag the whole team down with their crappy attitudes.

If I'm going into combat, or on a combat patrol, I much rather have five I can rely on to give solid effort, than to take ten, and have to worry about the sorry-assed five.

Bye Ivery. Go. Quickly.

Advertisement
I was speaking of Moore, essentially agreeing that the biggest jump will come in year three, but saying also that I expect to see him take another step from last season. I'm generally pleased with the trajectory of Pierre's development. We just need him to continue to improve and to coach the younger players up.

True enough on your prognostication for when he'll make his most dramatic jump; I'm just hoping that this year we can see a significant improvement in him over last year, which all things considered was not that bad.

You have to remember Pierre came from Prep, so although last year was his sophomore year, he was 3 years removed from HS. I think Moore's most dramatic jump will take place next year.

Moore or Pierre?

Indeed, it can be difficult to tell what you have with interior linemen when they are so young...last year was just gravy as far as E Mo is concerned; from the experience he gained last season, he at least knows how much more he has to improve if he's going to be a significant contributor at DT. I am optimistic that he'll continue to improve as I have not heard anything that suggests he is lazy or not committed to our s/c program.

Moore was Golden's first DT taken before his senior year even started, when Golden knew we needed big help at the position. He needs to be a "hit".

He didn't have 8 sacks, 10 tackles for loss, and 55 tackles as a Freshman... Obviously he will never amount to anything.

JAG.

This is what people are saying about Ivery

The point is it is/was too early to tell about Moore, Ivery, King. There seems to he a few perspectives on this board:

1) Jethro sucks, Al Golden by extension sucks.
2) Ivery wasn't good anyway.
3) People need to chill the **** out.

There is one that is a lot less stupid than the other two.

If no one else gets in we are 75 players for our roster. At DT, 2 seniors, 2 juniors, & 2 sophomores. 2 current DTs signed, Stuckey (JUCO) & Courtel Jenkins. We might be getting harder than we think with scholarships from the ncaa. I have to believe we are preparing for that

yet we are throwing scholly's at kids with no other offers? doesnt add up

Well.. we see why now Golden has been offering every DT that made the Rivals top 15 list of best DTs in the country. He is finding that these guys just cant cut it. Ivery shouldnt be a surprise because he was a last minute signee and it was rumored he was being lazy in the offseason. I agree that getting rid of dead weight is a good thing.

BUT I will say again..Jethro Franklin's job should depend on the development of Pierre/Moore/Ivery/Grimble/King/Briscoe. Right now he has Pierre on the upswing. He has struck out with Ivery and Briscoe. If he cant get SOMETHING out of Moore or King or Grimble then he has to go. Im not asking him to turn these guys into Warren Sapp. But **** can they at least give us some Mark Ceasar or Delwyn Jones type production? We dont need stars. Just guys who can earn their scholie and not be the weak link.

Franchise doesnt blame Jethro but I will because not only can he not recruit. But ATM he is failing us at DT. He is on the clock..And Golden should not allow him to waste another crop of DTs that we have coming in. (Stuckey, Jenkins, maybe CJohnson/Valentine/Derosier) Dont throw good money after bad.

And my last point, people clowned the hiring of Art Kehoe (I was one of them) because we thought he was old and had lost the "it" factor it takes to be a great recruiter. I was dead wrong. Art is BALLIN' right now. Bringing in stud OL classes and NOT MAKING EXCUSES ABOUT SANCTIONS. Getting the job done. This guy could very well have the best OL class in the country if Martinez or Knox jump on. AND he has turned our OL into one of the best in the ACC maybe country. All with the same limitations as Jethro. No excuses.

Briscoe has the reputation of lazy, I've never heard of Ivery being lazy.

I don't see how Jethro has failed because Ivery got booted off the team for either academic or behavior issues. Has nothing to do with Franklin.

Advertisement
If no one else gets in we are 75 players for our roster. At DT, 2 seniors, 2 juniors, & 2 sophomores. 2 current DTs signed, Stuckey (JUCO) & Courtel Jenkins. We might be getting harder than we think with scholarships from the ncaa. I have to believe we are preparing for that

Who has not received an offer or is not being recruited by Miami that should have one/should be?

Who has not received an offer or is not being recruited by Miami that should have one/should be?

Well we got a commitment from a DE who has never played a down of high school football. I'm pumped.

Who did we throw a scholly to that had no offers? Brad kaaya? Look how good that turned out for us. Coley & brennan Carroll did a great job finding him & jumping on him. All the other DTs we offered first blew up now. It doesn't matter IF we offer first it matters if we their warranted of that offer. Going into spring with 4 **** DTs right now is tragic. I hope we land Cory Johnson

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
So we grabbed three DTs in 2012, and two have already washed out. We got Smith and King in 2011, and Smith graduated after doing nothing and King hasn't shown anything. We completely whiffed in 2013.

In three recruiting cycles, we only have 3 DTs on the roster (Pierre, King, Moore).

Not good.

Showing concern doesn't mean throwing the head coach under the bus. DT is clearly a concern, as stated by Golden himself.

We need at least 3 JUCOs this year.

I was speaking of Moore, essentially agreeing that the biggest jump will come in year three, but saying also that I expect to see him take another step from last season. I'm generally pleased with the trajectory of Pierre's development. We just need him to continue to improve and to coach the younger players up.

Moore or Pierre?

So this season we essentially have 3 DTs who will be counted on the most (Robinson, Porter and Pierre) for burn. We have 2 other NATURAL DTs (Moore and King), both are sophomores with 1 year of playing experience. I expect Moore to make some strides this season because he will be bigger, stronger and more experienced...just not expecting much.

So we grabbed three DTs in 2012, and two have already washed out. We got Smith and King in 2011, and Smith graduated after doing nothing and King hasn't shown anything. We completely whiffed in 2013.

In three recruiting cycles, we only have 3 DTs on the roster (Pierre, King, Moore).

Not good.

Showing concern doesn't mean throwing the head coach under the bus. DT is clearly a concern, as stated by Golden himself.

We need at least 3 JUCOs this year.

I think it is difficult for anyone to dispute this above.

Advertisement
Yawn. You can't stop the WEZ, you can only hope to contain it.

5.gif

Well we got a commitment from a DE who has never played a down of high school football. I'm pumped.

We're talking DTs. Try and keep up.

i heard he got kicked for smoking weed , weed is continuing to ruin the lives of a lot of young men these days . I hope he gets himself some help and AG gives him a second chance .

Advertisement
Back