Dequan Ivery?

B/c we have 5 DT's left on the team with 2 being seniors. Take your green and orange glasses off and realize that Golden, Dorito and Franklin have failed at recruiting DTs, all the while UF has like 10 DTs on the team or committed.

Thanks, Randy

Excellent analysis all around in this thread.

These are the same people who say the DT sucks. So we got rid of another JAG, a waste of scholarship, right?

A lot of limp wrists typing their snark on the keyboard today. Yawn.

Advertisement
It was rumored a couple of months ago that he would not be a member of the team in 2013.

Not sure what is really going on concerning this position; however if you're a HS DT STUD and you want immediate playing time at the next level, then you will NOT find a better situation anywhere than Miami. Should be an easy sell for this staff.

Yet we've continued to strike out on the top recruits

It was rumored a couple of months ago that he would not be a member of the team in 2013.

Not sure what is really going on concerning this position; however if you're a HS DT STUD and you want immediate playing time at the next level, then you will NOT find a better situation anywhere than Miami. Should be an easy sell for this staff.

B/c we have 5 DT's left on the team with 2 being seniors. Take your green and orange glasses off and realize that Golden, Dorito and Franklin have failed at recruiting DTs, all the while UF has like 10 DTs on the team or committed.

Thanks, Randy

Excellent analysis all around in this thread.

These are the same people who say the DT sucks. So we got rid of another JAG, a waste of scholarship, right?

A lot of limp wrists typing their snark on the keyboard today. Yawn.

Porter, Robinson, Pierre, King, Moore, Grimble, Chickillo all have played DT.

WILL WE HAZ ENOUGH DTs IN DUHHH ROTATION??

Would be comical at this point if it didn't make me want to throw up. At this point it has probably surpassed Shannon lining up punters at WR.

Advertisement
Am I missing something, why does it matter if Porter/Robinson are seniors?

Maybe the staff is getting rid of the dead weight at the DT position, so they can get those 5 star DT you guys drool over?!?!? We had like 8 DT's on the roster, that can look like a log jam to some recruits. They can really sell immediate playing time to stud DT, once the dead weight is off the roster. Just a suggestion...Go Canes!

If no one else gets in we are 75 players for our roster. At DT, 2 seniors, 2 juniors, & 2 sophomores. 2 current DTs signed, Stuckey (JUCO) & Courtel Jenkins. We might be getting harder than we think with scholarships from the ncaa. I have to believe we are preparing for that

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Pretty confident in a top three of Porter, Pierre, and Robinson.

After that, we'll see what happens, but I just can't get myself to complain every single day about it like some.

Oh my God, Golden needs to go. This is just the end of Miami football as we know it. His defensive coordinator pal, Franklin, the whole bunch need to go. And Kehoe, too. Oh, no, no, no. I forgot, the keyboard punchers have changed their tune because we've landed some OLs. Can't wait till we start playing games so the panic, reactionary types have something to better occupy their time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Would be comical at this point if it didn't make me want to throw up. At this point it has probably surpassed Shannon lining up punters at WR.

Shannon never did that... I believe that was Coker... I think Brian Monroe was gone at that time... However he did have Ryan Hill as a freshman line up at wideout because of lack of depth before he took over...

Shannon never did that... I believe that was Coker... I think Brian Monroe was gone at that time... However he did have Ryan Hill as a freshman line up at wideout because of lack of depth before he took over...

You are right. Shannon was the guy who never recruited a balanced class in his four years. We get it, he's a brother, but you literally police every board to defend him. **** is old.

I was referring to our lack of depth for the future, be it 2013 or 2014 or even 2015. But you know what, you've convinced me, I trust Golden and Dorito's recruiting of DTs. Let's sign some JAG's and hope in 2 years they leave so we can sign some more JAGs. Keep this cycle going.

If you can't take a message board insult you have got some growing up to do my man.

Advertisement
Back