Depth Chart Surprises

Been saying for months, the most intriguing position battles (for me) were going to be striker, RB2, and wherever Pope and Payton land.

Advertisement
I would like to see Jennings flanked by Brooks at WLB. I was pretty surprised by Chris Washington at 2nd team RT & Marshall Few being ahead of Restrepo. I kinda expected Manny to not be too conclusive about safety & striker positions; Gil, Keontra, Carter, Bubba, Hall will all play a lot.

Advertisement
I think some people are sleeping on Few. He was ridiculously productive in high school and, although not an elite athlete, he's athletic enough to play in college.

In this offence I think he'll get some looks.
If I remember correctly he was a very good lacrosse player too. Before everyone starts talking **** you have to have really good short area quickness to be good at a school like Ponta Vedra at the position he played in lacrosse.

Herbert not on the 2 deep is not surprising at all if you followed this board. I'm nervous on Bradley Jennings speed to get outside, I think Brooks takes his spot sonner then later
I feel like BJ making first team is a reward for his comeback thing. Would he get the nod if game 1 was the gayters or Baga? We will see Brooks alot this season with the conference schedule.

I feel like BJ making first team is a reward for his comeback thing. Would he get the nod if game 1 was the gayters or Baga? We will see Brooks alot this season with the conference schedule.

Him and brooks play different positions. Jennings was the best mike by a good margin. Hence why McCloud went back to the outside. The plan was mccloud inside for months, Jennings changed that. You don’t scrap the long term plan for a “ reward”.

Things could always change but Jennings was everywhere in the scrimmages and earned the spot.

Advertisement
There goes the coaches playing most experience over best talent. How do you go from saying Payton is a first-rounder WR, but have him on second team?!?! And there’s no reason why it should be Bolden or Carter!! Just Bolden please! And lastly, keontra Smith is hands down better than Frierson, no need for there to be an “OR.”

At the end of the day... go Canes! No matter who’s on the field.

How the **** do you know any of this??

We're you at fall camp?

1599524679686.gif

How the **** do you know any of this??

We're you at fall camp?

I can tell you he wasn’t lol.

I’m huge on Payton , he’s my guy but he started out slow in camp. He’s came on strong lately but Hartley , pops and Wiggins was the most consistent. They were the best. Lashlee made the decisions, not Diaz. I do think he’ll be a monster.

As for Jennings the guy won that job going away. Nobody including the staff really thought he’d be back healthy and this good.

Advertisement
Herbert's performances at camps really alarmed me also. Of course football isn't played with gym shorts on, but his lack of at least holding his own against other elite prospects really made me nervous. Ultimately I think he needs to bulk up and move inside to guard because he lacks a tackle's feet.
Herbert peaked early in HS. He got big early and everyone assumed he'd blossom. It just never happened. He lacks the athletic ability to play power 5 football. He's going to be in the portal in 3..2..1

Herbert peaked early in HS. He got big early and everyone assumed he'd blossom. It just never happened. He lacks the athletic ability to play power 5 football. He's going to be in the portal in 3..2..1
I think he goes the Bar Milo route and drags this out to get free education at Miami the longer possible! Doesn’t seem too hungry to play.

Advertisement
Imo the FSU abortion season on the horizon would help more
Nothing would be better than a demoralizing beatdown that ends up being 4 wins straight. Diaz should play big bro all game long so he has sacks, fumble recoveries, and half a dozen tackles for loss. You'd have to really hate your brother not to want to come to UM after that.

I like JennIngs and mcloud. Physically most imposing and both upperclassmen on a young team. Love Brooks and I am certain his time will come but I do like the call

Tired of people saying Shaq was slow. Shaq couldn’t cover William Perry coming out of the backfield. However, Shaq WAS NOT SLOW. He just ran a 4.7 40 at the combine. People in here rave about TAC being fast and athletic...kid also runs a 4.7. Speed and coverage ability are separate traits.
Shaq is an old school 4-3 LB.

I think he goes the Bar Milo route and drags this out to get free education at Miami the longer possible! Doesn’t seem too hungry to play.
He already redshirted. He should have a degree this year. I'm not hating on Bar for having fun at Suntan U. He was Kaaya's boy. That could've been a take to keep your QB happy.

Advertisement
Back