Depth Chart Surprises

Advertisement
Marshall Few ahead of Restrepo - if I saw that correctly - that’s a surprise to me.
From what I’ve seen previously from some of the knowledgeable posters - Herbert was very overrated coming out of Heritage and Hillary wasn’t that good either
Good call on Few.

I remember DMoney raving about Hillery coming out. The issues are he has short arms on a tackles body. So he’s not ideal at OT or OG.
Herbert has been through plenty of OL coaches and is now a grown man. It’s clear he was wayyyy overrated in HS.
Keeping on OL, it’s nice to see Reed crack the lineup at OG. You talk about a prototypical body for an OG OMG. That kid stays focused people better watch out.

Herbert not on the 2 deep is not surprising at all if you followed this board. I'm nervous on Bradley Jennings speed to get outside, I think Brooks takes his spot sonner then later
Chances of flipping Jennings’ brother from that in-state school near the Georgia line?

Would you agree that LB is our weakest position group in terms of both talent and depth?

OL was my other concern cause I won't believe we are better til I see it, but the new depth chart has me at least hoping there's been a talent upgrade for the guys that played all last season to be on the bench.

I suppose you can make an argument for CB as well, but I am not as down on that group as others.
LB is deep and talented just kinda green. CB depth has me wanting none of them to been practice. Keep all 4 on ice til game day

Advertisement
Cribby, help a fellow out. I'm having withdrawal from my off-season Kool-Aid high, and every surprise now makes me nervous.

Are Washington and Rivers really already ready? Or are Herbert and Hillery just that bad and we need to rush the true freshmen? I fear the latter, and expect Herbert and Hillery to be hitting the transfer portal between now and January.

Is Jennings really as good as reported? I never saw the acceleration to the ball in his HS highlights that the coaches talked about this offseason? Or is Brooks still banged up, which is why Jennings is playing ahead of him? Net/net, how much of a drop-off will we see from Shaq?

Overall, the team looks much more solid than last year's depth chart. King is going to lead us to a lot of wins. The defense is going to be stout and even score a few points. But we're still several difference makers away from the championship Miami teams.

I never heard anything on Washington , that surprised me. I loved him as a prospect but figured he’d shirt. But he showed up in good shape and bigger than I expected. I’ve been saying rivers will play, he’s light years ahead of Zion and Campbell last year. Hopefully they ease him in and by the middle end of the year he’ll be in rotation or starting, that’s if somebody slips up.

Herbert not on the 2 deep is not surprising at all if you followed this board. I'm nervous on Bradley Jennings speed to get outside, I think Brooks takes his spot sonner then later
Herbert was pathetic whenever he played last season. Still, we’ve heard nothing of Washington until this depth chart. Washington is the tallest player on the team. He’s going to be an imposing figure on the field now that he’s filled out.

I’m still picking Brooks as my breakout player on defense FWIW.

From what I’ve seen previously from some of the knowledgeable posters - Herbert was very overrated coming out of Heritage and Hillary wasn’t that good either
Herbert's performances at camps really alarmed me also. Of course football isn't played with gym shorts on, but his lack of at least holding his own against other elite prospects really made me nervous. Ultimately I think he needs to bulk up and move inside to guard because he lacks a tackle's feet.

Advertisement
I told mofos a couple weeks ago he was locking down that starting mike spot. He’s played really well.
You did and s/o to him for winning the job. Interested to see how he plays this Thursday. Wanna see the kid ball out.

Tired of people saying Shaq was slow. Shaq couldn’t cover William Perry coming out of the backfield. However, Shaq WAS NOT SLOW. He just ran a 4.7 40 at the combine. People in here rave about TAC being fast and athletic...kid also runs a 4.7. Speed and coverage ability are separate traits.

Tired of people saying Shaq was slow. Shaq couldn’t cover William Perry coming out of the backfield. However, Shaq WAS NOT SLOW. He just ran a 4.7 40 at the combine. People in here rave about TAC being fast and athletic...kid also runs a 4.7. Speed and coverage ability are separate traits.
Shaq definitely wasn’t slow, people got to actually breakdown his film to see his speed

Advertisement
Good call on Few.

I remember DMoney raving about Hillery coming out. The issues are he has short arms on a tackles body. So he’s not ideal at OT or OG.
Herbert has been through plenty of OL coaches and is now a grown man. It’s clear he was wayyyy overrated in HS.
Keeping on OL, it’s nice to see Reed crack the lineup at OG. You talk about a prototypical body for an OG OMG. That kid stays focused people better watch out.
Sorta reminds me of Symonette. Can't really play despite large HS hype.

The lb crew is the group that surprised coaches the most. Jennings and steed both bounced back surprisingly well. Jennings was in line to be the backup mike last year before the injury , he was balling out that spring.

Mccloud is better outside and brooks coming in on long yardage or pass downs . Btw Keontra is going to be very good. Future star.

7D43DE5E-AE4F-4D79-86A0-079DE3DCF230.jpeg

McCloud is more athletic? Seemed like he was late to the play an awful lot last year.
I don't think he played much last year, he redshirted. As far as athleticism, coming out of high school, some thought he had the highest ceiling of the three, because of athleticism. But so much of reaction time at LB is reading and recognizing the play. That's where he seemed to be behind Shaq.

Advertisement
The lb crew is the group that surprised coaches the most. Jennings and steed both bounced back surprisingly well. Jennings was in line to be the backup mike last year before the injury , he was balling out that spring.

Mccloud is better outside and brooks coming in on long yardage or pass downs . Btw Keontra is going to be very good. Future star.
McCloud makes me nervous in space. Always has. So I’m interested to see if his awareness has improved.

the Keontra news Makes me feel the Frierson smoke is real. Keontra is a stud. Glad he’s there to push GB3.

Advertisement
Back