Depth Chart Surprises

They put Bolden as the OR under both Hall and Carter but the staff would be drunk not to start him with Hall out the gate. They can say all they want about all 3 being even but Carter is the 3rd best safety on the team.
Banda loves Carter. He’s gonna be one of the starters

Advertisement
He already redshirted. He should have a degree this year. I'm not hating on Bar for having fun at Suntan U. He was Kaaya's boy. That could've been a take to keep your QB happy.
Yeah I know, but he has a free year this year, then he still has 2 other years... He’ll for sure get pushed out tho.

Bar Milo was a good take at the time. Remember him playing in a hs all star game and dominate, but never did anything here.

They’re not that far apart. The separation is from gurvan to number 2. Amari and bubba are both limited in different ways. I hope they round their games out. Gurvan is going to be an all acc guy this season
That's surprising to me. I liked Bubba the most last year even though we didn't see much of him. Glad they're all playing well.

That's surprising to me. I liked Bubba the most last year even though we didn't see much of him. Glad they're all playing well.
We tend to remember splash plays and bubba has a knack for them and this is all just my opinion for what it’s worth. On film and looking back on live games gurvan was the most consistent player we had back there. I do expect bubba to make a big jump tho

Advertisement
Depth, depth, depth... Seriously the first time in such a long time I look at the whole depth chart and there's no weakness. Literally flooded with talent and experience. Can't wait for the **** season!! LETS GOOO!! Wish I could join some of you I'm HR but stuck up here in Alaska man

We tend to remember splash plays and bubba has a knack for them and this is all just my opinion for what it’s worth. On film and looking back on live games gurvan was the most consistent player we had back there. I do expect bubba to make a big jump tho
Like Bubba just hope he has become a better tackler.. He seems to be a dive at ankles type from little we saw, if he tightens up on that he will be legit

Looking at that depth chart a few things come to mind...

1. The talent on offense is set for the next couple years. They are young, explosive and we (should) have everybody back next season other than King and Harley.

2. We'd be hurtin' without transfers. Imagine that depth chart without King, Phillips and Roche. 😣

3. I like how DL and Safety is looking but going forward we need to pull-in a couple elite LB and CB prospects. IMO the Safety and DL position APPEARS that it has been recruited much better than the LB and CB position.

Advertisement
Well, you really shut me up. I see why you're a conference all American. I'll check back in a couple weeks.
1599549850982.gif

Not worried about the WR chart. They’ll get more than enough reps in the new system. 1s and 2s.

I remember Few putting on a clinic in HS. Interested to see him and X work.

Last edited:
One nice thing is that while CB is probably our weakest position, as it’s young and I wasn’t super impressed with any of them last year, our DL is a strength - hopefully we are forcing quick decisions from qbs which should help out our young cb’s.

just nice to see honest to god talent beyond the first 22.

Advertisement
I said it in the Midlo with Downlo thread. I don’t think he has a position anymore. He’s getting a great degree on scholly, has his girl and a good life ahead. May not be what he thought coming out of Gorman but life is still good for Tate.
Make the most of what life brings. Grow where you are planted.

Last edited:
Advertisement
In an interview last week, Lashlee said RB is a strength of the offense Since he is a very good coach (and good coaches typically play to their strengths), so I expect the Canes to run the ball a lot this season. Don’t be surprised if the Canes rush for 250-300 yards a game
Hopefully we use the RBs extensively in the passing game as well. With the offense spreading out the defenses, and King being a running threat and demanding a lot of attention from the defenders, having the RB's leak out as outlet passes or on wheel routes while King rolls out to the sideline can create a lot of big plays.

1. JC and ZN have one more year under their belts. Like it or not, OL are rarely ready day 1 - physically or mentally. They both are over 300. Zion is now a backup instead of a starter. That's a big difference.

2. Williams solidifies one tackle spot.

3. Clark is now a backup instead of a starter.

4. Rivers is top notch and can spell in a pinch.

5. Ousman is coming in with JC expierience and is a very solid player (LSU wanted him).

The biggest difference to me is the backups. They are either game ready (physically) or had valuable experience last year.
Agreed....and add to that, the fact that we will now have an offensive scheme that actually helps out the OL instead of magnifying their weaknesses like last year's scheme.

Advertisement
Back