Depth Chart Surprises

Advertisement
Glad to see Campbell seize that LT position, which has really helped settle the other OL positions. Scaife can now be that All ACC OG he was meant to be. In addition, we have a more athletic and deep OL, with Clark and Nelson now as backups. I see Rivers and Washington can really step up and provide quality depth as a freshmen.

Last edited:
I thought McCloud was supposed to be MLB. Playing at weak puts him in space more. I assumed that is what we were trying to avoid. LB group is very questionable to me.

The lb crew is the group that surprised coaches the most. Jennings and steed both bounced back surprisingly well. Jennings was in line to be the backup mike last year before the injury , he was balling out that spring.

Mccloud is better outside and brooks coming in on long yardage or pass downs . Btw Keontra is going to be very good. Future star.

In an interview last week, Lashlee said RB is a strength of the offense Since he is a very good coach (and good coaches typically play to their strengths), so I expect the Canes to run the ball a lot this season. Don’t be surprised if the Canes rush for 250-300 yards a game

Advertisement
Diaz has had the same starting LBs since he got to Miami. The only change has been implementing the striker position where Romeo/Gil got snaps over Zack.

If you didn’t care for Shaq and Mike that’s another story. I think they were solid players. Especially coming in like they did as true Frosh starting for UM. The only knock I have is they didn’t develop further like you’d hope from frosh to seniors. They still kept everyone else on the bench.
They haven't been bad at all. Said it in an earlier thread, but Shaq never really had a bad season.

Just havent been game changers. Haven't seen that classic "Miami LB" under Diaz.

Last edited:
Is Jennings just the best MLB compared to the competition or are we going to be in for a surprise with him?

To put it in another way... is Shaq his floor or ceiling? Lol
I understand your perspective kraxy guy but we have to give the kid a chance. We're 3 days away from dress rehearsal...

Advertisement
I think some people are sleeping on Few. He was ridiculously productive in high school and, although not an elite athlete, he's athletic enough to play in college.

In this offence I think he'll get some looks.
Yeah, I just thought we’d see Restrepo right behind Harley but you’re right, he’ll definitely get time in games.

Advertisement
Everything I’ve heard/read says Jennings had the best camp of all the linebackers and earned the job. However, LB depth is something we finally have. Shaq pretty much never came off the field on defense. Nobody is that guy right now. Brooks and Huff will get plenty of snaps. It’s not like previous years where Shaq and Pink had no competition. The LB room is deep and hungry

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back