Deen, Messidor, Lee, Arroyo, Zion, Parrish, Kam and Citizen

With all due respect, Mario is not going to show his hand when it comes to injuries. Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, he said Kam was "fine" after the a&m game and we haven't seen him since. Just my personal opinion, Lee is probably fine but I wouldn't be surprised if Parrish is out for the GT game.

I want all these dudes to play as much as anyone, but what makes us think we’re going to get meaningful answers until they actually suit up?

Mario doesn’t release injury information. CIS won’t break injury information. When we get injury information it’s he’s a full go, followed by, well he wasn’t 💯 when he doesn’t play 💯

It’s all good.

Advertisement
I would think in a game like temple as soon as any player is in any way slightly injured you pull him.

What is going on on the field in the this picture? Looks like a bunch of players don't have pants on?!
Changing Season 9 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Advertisement
Was Lee simply mis-evaluated and overlooked in HS, or does UCF staff get the credit for developing him into what he is today?
Super low ranked out of HS barely cracked the top 2000 but a lot of interior OL are low ranked/hard to project. I think he was around 6'2 as well so height was an issue. UCF did develop him so they get credit coupled with him just being a hard worker and a little bit of a late bloomer.

Looking at his UCF profile he took his RS as a True freshman in 2019, then in 2020 started all 10 games at center and 2021 all 12 games at center.

Super low ranked out of HS barely cracked the top 2000 but a lot of interior OL are low ranked/hard to project. I think he was around 6'2 as well so height was an issue. UCF did develop him so they get credit coupled with him just being a hard worker and a little bit of a late bloomer.

Looking at his UCF profile he took his RS as a True freshman in 2019, then in 2020 started all 10 games at center and 2021 all 12 games at center.
Someone said he has another year left. But the way he is playing, I'm sure he was get drafted and forego that final year.

Someone said he has another year left. But the way he is playing, I'm sure he was get drafted and forego that final year.
I agree, he took a RS in 2019, then has his Covid freebie year in 2020, so he has 4 years after that, he started all games in 2021, weird I cannot find much about him in 2022. Unsure if he got hurt but his UM profile says he was a 3 year starter for UCF so assume he played and UCF never updated his bio after he bounced.

Then he has this year as 2023 and one more year in 2024 should he stay but I agree unless he has some insane NIL he is likely gone. Not much else to prove I would imagine.

Also when did we start the NIL tag under player profiles on the official UM Roster?

https://miamihurricanes.com/roster/matt-lee/

If you scroll down you will see NIL opportunity embedded in and you can get Matt (or any UM player really) do to a shout out, social media post, a pitch for "anything" autograph, or an appearance.

Video shoutouts or youtube posts go for 15-25 bucks, FB/Insta/tiktok/twitter post go for 15-25 bucks, **** you can have Jacolby George give a keynote speech for 42 dollars, even under the pitch something section you just put in your name and what you want to pitch then just hit send and I assume he responds if interested. There is even a disclaimer stating "NCAA rules require that you receive a service or product in return for payment" lol

Advertisement
I'm sure he could have gone back in if it was a close game. What I didn't get is why Parrish was still getting carries with the score being out of hand.

Parish has been a great surprise this year. He was good last year but he looks different this year. Maybe all the competition or something, I don't know, but you can tell he's been working hard all offseason and it's paying off for him.

As to the injury I don't know, at first I thought he just got the wind knocked out of him but then he was grabbing his arm like he tweaked it or something. Wasn't ever as concerned about his injury as Lee to be honest because most of the time upper body injuries are less serious... most of the time.

Just glad to hear everyone's alright. We've had some injury scares this year and have been very fortunate it sounds like

Parish has been a great surprise this year. He was good last year but he looks different this year. Maybe all the competition or something, I don't know, but you can tell he's been working hard all offseason and it's paying off for him.

As to the injury I don't know, at first I thought he just got the wind knocked out of him but then he was grabbing his arm like he tweaked it or something. Wasn't ever as concerned about his injury as Lee to be honest because most of the time upper body injuries are less serious... most of the time.

Just glad to hear everyone's alright. We've had some injury scares this year and have been very fortunate it sounds like
I agree it's nice seeing our guys look so much better on offense especially guys like George and Smith.

The ones we have to worry about right now are Deen and Mesidor. We need those guys back for ACC play. I'm confident Kam will be back for Ga Tech. This bye week is a blessing to get our big guns healthy.

Advertisement

Was a 2 star kid. Had we offered this place would have melted down..

He said the same thing about Kam after the aTm game and we haven’t seen him since. The bye week is coming at a good time. Hopefully we get Lee, Kam, Parrish, and at least one of Deen or Messidor back for the Georgia Tech game.
But that makes sense why he said that about Kam. When the injury happened, most people feared it could've been career ending. So Mario saying after the game that he was going to be "ok" is an adequate response considering the initial thoughts. He probably got a concussion and there was absolutely zero reason to play him against Bethune and Temple. I guarantee you if we played FSU, UNC or Clemson this past Saturday, Kam would've played.

Georgia Tech has a pretty decent offense that can put up some yards, especially through the air. The defense might struggle a bit. Slightly concerned with that.

On the flip side, their rush defense is TERRIBLE. Ranked 131st.

Louisville: 227 yards
South Carolina St: 196 yards
Mississippi: 299 yards
Wake Forest: 224 yards

Sooo we may run for 300+ again. I can see us putting up 550 yards of offense and 40+ points, having a very similar game that we just had with Temple.

Advertisement
Lee would have gone back in if the game actually was on the line. I was slightly impressed with what I saw from Rodriquez. Outside of the bad hold that cost us a TD.

As far as injury updates, you are not going to get much from this board. Dmoney has already announced he is out of the injury update business.

BTW, anyone notice the tape on DVD throwing hand? Seems he is still dealing with the preseason injury.
Actually was also impressed with Rodriguez. Way better option than baby Cristobal.

For as good and deep as the RB room is, Parrish is someone we're going to need and I'm worried about a possible clavicle/shoulder injury that could put him out a while. Matt Lee was joking around with Cohen on the sideline but Parrish spent extended time in the tent getting looked at by Dr. Kevorplian, and did not acknowledge fans as he was walked back to the locker room never to emerge from it.

Actually was also impressed with Rodriguez. Way better option than baby Cristobal.
I was relieved there didn't appear to be a massive drop-off in run ability once he was in. In one of the first plays he was in, he pulled outside, got to the second level, and got to the linebacker, allowing an extra 4-5 yards.

However, it was Temple, so judging beyond that is hard.

Forgot Citizen who is also getting close to returning.
I'll redshirt him this year, and have him available for four games. There's no point in burning his eligibility just for the sake of it, unless there are injuries in the RB room.

And, I'll try to redshirt Chris Johnson too. I think he has two games left, unless he's playing on special teams.

Advertisement
Back