Deejay Dallas retweet

For one, Manny led the #2 ranked team in Total Defense this season. Let that sink in for a minute. All of that in spite of the &hit conditions the Offense and the ST units continually left them in. He did a helluva job and feels like now is his time.

Secondly, Manny made some fairly candid, pointed comments publicly about our performance this year that I imagine did not sit well with ol’ I Need Bama’s Roster To Beat UVa Richt. Manny was very blunt about things and that runs counter to Richt’s way. Can only imagine what must have transpired behind closed doors. My guess is Manny and Richt didn’t end things on a good note.

Advertisement
How accurate is that he tried hiring Helfrich? If true, the athletic department is a ******* joke.
It was reported before last season that he spent a few days in the Gables and left.
After the news came out cmr said that it is not uncommon for the staff to reach out to other coaches for advice or expertise or some BS coach speak.
Well obviously CMR adopted no fugging offensive advice of any sort. So yeah its my pure 100% speculation. But ever since then there has been no offensive dude come by to offer "advice" despite every writer former player and CIS gurus knowing whats needed.

https://247sports.com/college/miami...h-Mark-Helfrich-Spent-Time-at-Miami-51638544/

And some people have the nerve to claim this university cares about winning. All they're worried about is making it appear that they prioritize winning. Do not be distracted by the beautiful celebrities.

Everyone talks about Bama right?
Well if your a d coordinator at bama you get a free pass to a major p5 gig. No stepping stone to temple or umass.
But bama's dfense doesn't lose a beat cause they have freaks 3 deep at every spot.
Kirby landed at UGA despite everyone on here saying he's a horrible coach. But Manny's reward for one of the best defenses in the country is temple?
Why? Cause kirby did it a lot longer 2007-2015.
Why? Cause temple uconn umass or rutger or (insert irrelevant program here) couldn't pay him more than what bama did. I'm sure he had offers every **** year.
Manny stays a few more years if we pay him and doesn't have to move to philadelphia cold as balls and he's in contention for a top p5 gig
at program of choice.
That makes UM look like a good place to be if your a DC.
Sugar coat it, dip it in honey or whatever. But if we pay anyone else 1.3 million and we keep getting the same or better talent then guess what in 2 years. Same story we have now.
Aranda was given 1.3 by lsu. But after TAMU tried multiple times to poach him they upped it to 2.5.
It took bama a lot of years of stability to be where they are at now,

Last edited:
Advertisement
If manny was asking for more $ hes a smart man. Imagine what our record would be without our D?? As bad as our season was, he and our D are the reason we weren't 3-9. I'd ask for more $ too when your boss and his boss make bonehead decisions.

Blake is a chump. He had a chance to set his own path and he chose the safe bet. The gave him an extension for donating some of the $ he stole. If this is what it takes to have some serious change at this school then I'm ready... bring on the 1-11 season next year (dont know if my liver is ready for that tho)

TIFWIW but Manny met with both CMR and Blake James and was not happy about our direction. Word is, “he’s fed up with Richt.” Temple will triple his salary and give Manny full control of program. Long term, he wants a better HC job in bigger program or possibly NFL.

Last edited:
Fed up with Richt...Manny is barely a year removed from making guys like Kelly Bryant, Hornibrook and Kurt Benkert look like All-Americans. Plenty were fed up with him. I appreciate the ambition and don't fault him for taking the job. He rebuilt his reputation here. Relax with making demands and go run your own program first.

Advertisement
TIFWIW but Manny met with both CMR and Blake James and was not happy about our direction. Word is, “he’s fed up with Richt.” Temple will triple his salary and give Manny full control of program. Long term, he wants a better HC job in bigger program or possibly NFL.
Temple isn't paying him over $3 million a year. This "word" is patently false.

Temple isn't paying him over $3 million a year. This "word" is patently false.

Do you know what he makes at Miami?

Possibly exaggerated with the 3x but it’s significantly more so ...

Last edited:
Advertisement
It’s one thing if Manny was wanting a million-million 2.Its another thing if he wanted Aranda or Venerables money. There is no way we could pay that.You pay one Coach that much then every coach on the squad is going to want a raise to get to a certain percentage of that contract not to mention your OC ( If by some strange luck we get one) is going to want something close.

Ex: you pay Manny 1.2 million then other coaches are going usually get 50-60% of that for their salary depending on type of coach and what they have accomplished.

You push Manny’s salary to around 2 to close to the top like Aranda and Venerables and that raises each of the other asst. up.Its not just about one salary.Its about what it does to the whole staffs salary structure.

Yea we may have money to pay for a top DC or OC but we better have money to pay the rest of the staff to.Your not going to get a DL coach or a DB coach to coach 150-200 grand when the DC is making 2+.aint happening.

We don’t even have an OC on staff and our QB coach is probably working for pennies.

Trying to search deep for something good about this whole season. This program has long history of assistant coaches moving up ranks to other schools. Many HC in college and NFL were once assistants at Miami. We have not seen much if any of that lately. We have seen lateral moves that NEVER happened before. At least we again loss an assistant coach to become HC of another school. Weak cause for joy but best I can manage.

Manny cashed in at the absolute perfect time.

HC opportunity plus double to triple the salary

He’s in for a rude awakening on the recruiting side though, kids commit to schools not coaches.

On the flip side, I have to believe he could see the writing on the wall with Richt. Dude is not committed to getting better and exploring every option to win a championship, this I totally understand Manny leaving. I just wish it was in January 2019, not a week before signing day

Advertisement
Do you know what he makes at Miami?

Possibly exaggerated with the 3x but it’s significantly more so ...
He makes close or more than $1M. Geoff Collins just got between 2.5-3Mill for the GA Tech job. Temple isn't paying that salary range.

rhule was paid 1.5 before getting an extension that paid him well over that in 2015. not sure what collins made. i suspect manny is around 2

We don’t even have an OC on staff and our QB coach is probably working for pennies.

Reading comprehension is not your forte I see.

I said IF we get an OC he would want something close to whatever you were paying the DC and I’m pretty sure little Mork is making a couple hundred grand a year.I hope your at that point in life where that’s pennies to you but to me that’s decent change.

But I was talking defensive coaches wanting raises since they were a part of the great defense not the offensive coaches who should be giving they’re paychecks back.

Advertisement
Back