Deejay Dallas retweet

Advertisement
It’s easy logic..one is your head coach..the other is your DC..programs always try to extend coaches before they out perform their contract. It’s a biz move which makes since. For example, It’s easier/cheaper to extend a 10-3 coach then it would be to negotiate a NC coach. The buyout would be less along with dollars
Agreed, but at least make sure your 10 - 3 coach didn't peak at 10 - 3.

Agreed, but at least make sure your 10 - 3 coach didn't peak at 10 - 3.
But it’s easier to buy out a “peaked” 10-3 HC then it is to wait for a CON champ level HC coaches 1st contract to come up and then pay him off the succcess. That’s the whole point. And call me crazy but I wouldn’t have paid Diaz 2 mill plus. That’s just me tho. Diaz was great especially this year but it’s funny how ppl acting like they wasn’t killing the man his 1st 2 years here. He wasn’t a ace recruiter either. Personally I’d go ahead and give Banda the gig at a cheap rate. He’s been under Diaz for like 6 years. We’ve seen he can coach up the safeties. Was the top assist under Diaz his last 2 successful stops. Has that energy. And can recruit. And his last name is Banda.
And lastly is one of the braintrust behind the CHAIN..it’s tha culture

Advertisement
i think he feels rich will be fired after 2019 and didnt want to be without a job.

Thought has crossed my mind a time or two as well. The writing is on the wall. I'll be at the Pinstripe Bowl to support the players (and Yankee Stadium). Wish the kids success.

Advertisement
It’s one thing if Manny was wanting a million-million 2.Its another thing if he wanted Aranda or Venerables money. There is no way we could pay that.You pay one Coach that much then every coach on the squad is going to want a raise to get to a certain percentage of that contract not to mention your OC ( If by some strange luck we get one) is going to want something close.

Ex: you pay Manny 1.2 million then other coaches are going usually get 50-60% of that for their salary depending on type of coach and what they have accomplished.

You push Manny’s salary to around 2 to close to the top like Aranda and Venerables and that raises each of the other asst. up.Its not just about one salary.Its about what it does to the whole staffs salary structure.

Yea we may have money to pay for a top DC or OC but we better have money to pay the rest of the staff to.Your not going to get a DL coach or a DB coach to coach 150-200 grand when the DC is making 2+.aint happening.

Advertisement
So would you say this is on MR or Blake? Did he basically give them an ultimatum and was told no?

If this is on Blake, hopefully this is the last evidence needed to show the BOT that we need a real AD and not a ticket salesman.
Agreed. I never understood the big circle-jerk that took place around this guy after Richt literally fell into his lap at the exact right time. The fool was about to hire Greg Schiano for God's sake.

I told people on here. This school will not pay for top talent. Cmr tried to hire Helfrich and the school gave the middle finger. The rumors of an OC were just that. This school has been trying to do things on the cheap and it’s not going to work.
Cmr keeps trying to go back to give our coaches raises and finally the gig is up.
Dugans, kool, manny and manny again.
they probably said that’s enough.
How accurate is that he tried hiring Helfrich? If true, the athletic department is a ******* joke.

Advertisement
How accurate is that he tried hiring Helfrich? If true, the athletic department is a ******* joke.
Helfrich visited practice a few times one spring here but shortly after was hired by the bears. Cristobal did this as well I beleive

Helfrich visited practice a few times one spring here but shortly after was hired by the bears. Cristobal did this as well I beleive
I thought he was at practices last year? He was hired by the Bears this year.

It’s one thing if Manny was wanting a million-million 2.Its another thing if he wanted Aranda or Venerables money. There is no way we could pay that.You pay one Coach that much then every coach on the squad is going to want a raise to get to a certain percentage of that contract not to mention your OC ( If by some strange luck we get one) is going to want something close.

Ex: you pay Manny 1.2 million then other coaches are going usually get 50-60% of that for their salary depending on type of coach and what they have accomplished.

You push Manny’s salary to around 2 to close to the top like Aranda and Venerables and that raises each of the other asst. up.Its not just about one salary.Its about what it does to the whole staffs salary structure.

Yea we may have money to pay for a top DC or OC but we better have money to pay the rest of the staff to.Your not going to get a DL coach or a DB coach to coach 150-200 grand when the DC is making 2+.aint happening.

Do we have a definitive number on what Manny was receiving here?

Advertisement
Back