December 10th Recruiting Q & A

Advertisement
Pete, have you ever come across a recruit in which you believed illegal benefits (either from a booster or someone affiliated with a programs coaching staff) may have played a part in where the kid ended up?

Hey Pete, What's up with 2016 RB Mark Walton trying to reclassify to 2015???? I've never heard of this in football, only in basketball...any thoughts on if it can happen?? And how big would that be?!?

2015 is his true class, so I'm glad he is looking at this as an option. If he takes classes in the summer and online, I don't see why it can't happen.

Pete,

Does Berrios skillset have legit respect amongst local commits and recruits? I believe they all participated in UM camps together over the summer?

and I believe you saw him there... how do you think he compare to the local WRs?

Advertisement
Problem with Treon is if he is not the starter at QB does that cause backlash from ICE think it is smart to stay away

Let FSU deal with him I just don't see him as a big time QB and FSU will sign one better so he will ride the pine or move

I see him being Troy smith all over again a dynamic qb in colleges that has talent around him but I am not sure he can make money doing it at the pro level which is why he should make the switch now and make money long term

If there's an orange popsicle and a red popsicle, which color popsicle do you think Dalvin would pick?

If Walton reclassify to 2015, does it effect the recruitment of Scarlett and Patrick? Who would be our top two RB targets?

Advertisement
Any chance at getting OVs from Kenny Young, Nyles Morgan, or Tashon Smallwood?

What are we going to do about a punter?

* In talking to commits/recruits have our coaches implied that we would become more aggressive on defense as our talent improves?

* Have our coaches given any of our commits/recruits any knowledge of further planned upgrades to our football facilities <cough>indoor practice facility<cough> beyond the $7 million for a lighted artificial turf practice field, student athlete dining component, and outdoor cooling pools?

Advertisement
I will add on Demetrius...he really has no clue how the recruiting process functions and although some may see today's drama as him being a "Diva", he is really clueless about everything. He's always asking me basic questions about the process and I have to explain how it works to him.

Seems odd he'd come to you with this and not the BTW coaches.

If Walton reclassify to 2015, does it effect the recruitment of Scarlett and Patrick? Who would be our top two RB targets?

Walton > both those guys IMO. Even though I love the way Scarlett plays.

Not that rankings matter, but they are universal starting point for most. According to Rivals Florida analyst, Walton would be in the 60-75 overall range, which would be right around #4-5 RB in the nation...and he said he likes him better than Scarlett FWIW

Advertisement
I will add on Demetrius...he really has no clue how the recruiting process functions and although some may see today's drama as him being a "Diva", he is really clueless about everything. He's always asking me basic questions about the process and I have to explain how it works to him.

Isn't Pete 19? Maybe Jackson is more comfortable talking to someone his age.

Isn't Pete 19? Maybe Jackson is more comfortable talking to someone his age.

That could be true, I just think these coaches should have these kids prepared and educated on the process.

Advertisement
Back