December 10th Recruiting Q & A

Advertisement
Pete,

216.jpg

Advertisement
Do you think after what happened with Kirkland and m. Thomas last year the coaches told Jackson err any up for the games.. and his booger t coaches told him something as well

If we miss on both Cook and Michel, is there another back you think the staff goes after or do we stay with Yearby and Powell for this class and start looking at 2015 targets?

And any updates on Langham and the legendary Derrick Griffin?

Would most likely stick with Powell and Yearby, although I think Powell might be gone if Cook comes.

If Cook commits, would Powell be willing to play CB at Miami?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Are we making any headway with Bo Scarborough or any other top running backs? I'm assuming that Cook goes somewhere other than UM....

WTF happened with D. Jackson today?

Well basically I think he did decommit, which was not a surprise to see it "officially" happen. As I've said over the past couple weeks, no matter what talking or tweeting he was doing, I expected him in the class. So as a "courtesy" to the staff (this is after weeks of him tweeting about being open) he wanted to officially decommit with the intention of taking his visits and most likely committing back to Miami in the end. I am going to talk to him on the phone tomorrow, but I suspect his "re-commitment" was nothing more than realizing he was going to pick Miami again in the end anyways, so why mess around.

Pete is it also possible that he decommited and Barrow informed him that was fine, but with the class filling up there was no guarentee that his spot would be there if others committed?

Seems like he truly wants to be here

Advertisement
You guys may laugh at this question but what ever happen to Julio Derosier did Miami move on from him.

If we miss on both Cook and Michel, is there another back you think the staff goes after or do we stay with Yearby and Powell for this class and start looking at 2015 targets?

Would most likely stick with Powell and Yearby, although I think Powell might be gone if Cook comes.

Id be willing to concede that as long as we got JC Jackson

Hey Pete, What's up with 2016 RB Mark Walton trying to reclassify to 2015???? I've never heard of this in football, only in basketball...any thoughts on if it can happen?? And how big would that be?!?

Advertisement

Sony is a NSD dude if we miss him there wont be a 4 star rb just walking around like elder last year

Problem with Treon is if he is not the starter at QB does that cause backlash from ICE think it is smart to stay away

Let FSU deal with him I just don't see him as a big time QB and FSU will sign one better so he will ride the pine or move

Is it possible that we stayed away from Treon as a QB due to the staffs relationship to Ice? Have to think Olson or Kaaya, or both, will cover the QB position for the next few years. Knowing to get him on the field they would have to switch him to another position perhaps they didn't want to do that and give Ice something else to complain about. By insisting on offering him at other positions they avoid that conflict down the line.

Regarding the safety position, who out of the targets still out there is most likely to wind up at Miami? Are you aware of any others that we aren't talking about that could turn up yet? Finally, I know Lockley is projected as a tight end by most, but I have also heard that he could play safety. Is that a move that could happen, especially if we miss on other safety targets?

Advertisement
Back