December 10th Recruiting Q & A

Advertisement
Good morning Peter:

Can we expect any surprises? Not asking you who, but does your gut tell you yes or no?

Is there a current Canes commit that has taken on a leadership role or recruiting coordinator role, talking to current commits to make sure they stick and also talking to other targets to try and get them to Miami?

D'onofrio play a role in recruiting? His name doesn't come up much in your reports. Do defensive prospects wonder about him or are they tied into position coaches?

D'Onofrio is involved in recruiting, but the position coaches do most of the heavy lifting. Fisch was the same way.

If Cook commits and the dominos start to fall then which recruit is the first to be told to look elsewhere?

It doesn't really work like this to be honest. The staff generally doesn't tell a kid "leave the class", but they pretty much just stop talking to the kid and stop answering calls.

Advertisement
If Cook commits and the dominos start to fall then which recruit is the first to be told to look elsewhere?

It doesn't really work like this to be honest. The staff generally doesn't tell a kid "leave the class", but they pretty much just stop talking to the kid and stop answering calls.

is this what is happening with B. Powell right now? why doesn't Golden just visit him and show him the love.

Any new word on Brandon Powell? It doesnt look like hes feeling all this talk lately about Cook. Wondering if hes still solid considering that along with the recent comments he made about Nebraska and a visit to Tenn.

Also, i know a write up was just posted about SBB, but how confident do you feel in landing him with the recent offer to Ridley.

Posted a couple days ago that I don't think Powell comes here if Cook commits.

On the 2015 kids, it's really too early to tell anything, but Ridley has work to do in the classroom.

Advertisement
Any new word on Brandon Powell? It doesnt look like hes feeling all this talk lately about Cook. Wondering if hes still solid considering that along with the recent comments he made about Nebraska and a visit to Tenn.

Also, i know a write up was just posted about SBB, but how confident do you feel in landing him with the recent offer to Ridley.

Posted a couple days ago that I don't think Powell comes here if Cook commits.

On the 2015 kids, it's really too early to tell anything, but Ridley has work to do in the classroom.

*sigh* Of course he does

is this what is happening with B. Powell right now? why doesn't Golden just visit him and show him the love.

Miami visited him last week and they still want him. I just think they want Cook more and Powell might be realizing that.

What are your thoughts on this guy?

217.jpg

Most influential rapper on the planet. Will go down as a top 3 MC of all-time.

Advertisement
Do you think after what happened with Kirkland and m. Thomas last year the coaches told Jackson err any up for the games.. and his booger t coaches told him something as well

I don't think so. I really just think Demetrius realized he was going to pick Miami anyways and didn't want to delay the inevitable. Miami staff can't afford to be giving down any ultimatums to Booker T kids and risk losing all three.

What region does Dorito recruit and which (if any) prospects and commits is he the primary recruiter for?

edit: aaaand I just saw the first post on page 2.

Advertisement
If we miss on both Cook and Michel, is there another back you think the staff goes after or do we stay with Yearby and Powell for this class and start looking at 2015 targets?

And any updates on Langham and the legendary Derrick Griffin?

Would most likely stick with Powell and Yearby, although I think Powell might be gone if Cook comes.

If Cook commits, would Powell be willing to play CB at Miami?

He has said in interviews that he is willing to do it, but I think his heart is on offense.

2 part question
-I know you feel like cb could be Powells money position,but at his size do u think he can ever be a starting rb?

Raekwon,Ghostface & Cappadonna vs Triple C's... who u got?

WTF happened with D. Jackson today?

Well basically I think he did decommit, which was not a surprise to see it "officially" happen. As I've said over the past couple weeks, no matter what talking or tweeting he was doing, I expected him in the class. So as a "courtesy" to the staff (this is after weeks of him tweeting about being open) he wanted to officially decommit with the intention of taking his visits and most likely committing back to Miami in the end. I am going to talk to him on the phone tomorrow, but I suspect his "re-commitment" was nothing more than realizing he was going to pick Miami again in the end anyways, so why mess around.

Pete is it also possible that he decommited and Barrow informed him that was fine, but with the class filling up there was no guarentee that his spot would be there if others committed?

Seems like he truly wants to be here

That could have happened, but again I don't think that was the case. Jackson is a kid you keep a spot for...he's that talented. It says a lot that Barrow was back on him as soon as he retracted his commitment. How many times have we seen a kid decommit and then the coaches just don't really bother to recruit him much anymore because it's just not worth the hassle?

Advertisement
Back