Dear FSU...

Here's my thing... Am I going to "root" for FSU? **** no, not under any circumstances. You will never catch me watching the Noles on TV "rooting" for them or wishing them anything but the worst. That includes when they play the Gators -- I may hate them slightly less, but I'm not "rooting" for them.

However, do I see some upside if they beat Bama? Yeah, I get OP's point there... it would be somewhat sweeter to knock them off when they're ranked #1 . Am I going to "root" for that to happen? **** no. "Rooting" implies that I'm going to be sitting on the edge of my seat hoping they pull it out, or cheering when they score. Under no circumstances will that happen.

But if they beat Bama, cool. More hype for our game. I guess. Don't really give a ****. Just win the ******* game, Canes.

Advertisement
right so...

if fsu is down 4 points with the ball & a minute left on the clock... youre telling me, honestly, that you'll be on the edge of your seat pulling for FSU to score? when francis hits a nole wr for a game winning td as time expires, youll be happy??? is this what im being told from cane fans on a cane site?

cant be

Take care of business on 9/2 because on 9/16 I want that #1 to be next to your name for the whole world to see. I want everyone in the whole country to be talking about how great FSU is after beating the Invincible Tide and how nobody, especially Miami has a chance this year.

Because we're coming to Tallahassee to make a statement.
Not to FSU.
Not to the ACC

To the NCAA:

You had your shot.
You should have killed us when you had the chance.

Times up.

tumblr_mhoc0kKtVx1qfoz5to1_500.gif

I'll agree with the FSU winning part. People on this board are so shortsighted. FSU beating Bama helps Miami. No one can argue against that point. If you want them to lose every game after Miami, that works for me.

As far as making a statement, we are not "back" or made any statements until we win a national title and that is not happening this year.
How is it beneficial, at all, for FSU to beat a team before us and then proceed to lose every game after us. The whole point of you dumb ***** cheering for FSU in the first place is strength of schedule.

Go 13-0 and we're in the playoff. Period!! ***** the Semenholes all day everyday. Honest question tho, would you rather FS go 11-2 and lose to us at home and in the ACC championship or go 3-9 while losing to us once and beating uFag? I'll hang up and listen

Advertisement
Some of you have sniffed way too much glue. This isn't complicated. Chances to knock off the #1 team in the nation, at their house, don't come around every week ... *%#t they don't even come around every year. There is a HUGE difference between playing a 1-1 FSU team and a 2-0, #1 ranked FSU team. Seriously people. If you agree with the "anytime, any place, any team" philosophy then this is the game that fits that narrative. **** yeah I want them to beat Bama. You want this game to get back to what it was? Then this is the quickest way.

I can't help but sit back and laugh at the people who think I should be banned. First of all, what kind of daddy issues do you have to have to be on a message board crying to the mods to shield you from opinions you disagree with? Or maybe daddy issues is setting the bar too high by assuming that someone in your life actually tried to teach you how to be a functioning adult.

Secondly, ban me for what? presenting the logical argument that, win or lose, it's better for us by every possible metric that FSU beat Alabama? If they win that game, they're the #1 team, possibly unanimously so. If we then beat them, there's no way to deny what we've accomplished. It's a better win for us for locally with recruits, it's going to give us greater national recognition with out of state recruits, and it gives us a marquee win for the CFP committee to consider should it come to that. If Alabama wins and we beat FSU you all know it's going to be down played in the media. They were banged up. Their starting QB was injured (@rokukila), they were overrated, they looked good on paper but didn't pass the eye test. Name your favorite excuse. They're not going to give us credit. And recruits read the national media. They're going to watch all or the analysts explain how we haven't really accomplished anything by beating a hobbled team who's already having a down year.

Now what if we lose to FSU? If they had just beat Alabama, we will have lost to the #1 team. It really doesn't effect our "team on the rise," status so long as we manage to not go on that Golden-esque 3 to 4 game slide following FSU week. We would still have a chance to claw our way back in to the thick of things, and assuming FSU doesn't go **** up, we'd likely get a rematch against them in the ACCCG. I think a one loss Miami, whose only loss came to the #1 team and was later avenged, would get a very strong consideration by the CFP so long as their golden child Alabama was also carrying a loss.

But if FSU loses to Alabama and FSU manages to beat us again, well that's a series record 8 wins in a row. I'm sure that won't have a psychological effect on a group of players who have never won this game and have developed a talent for going on 3 and 4 game losing skids afterwards.

But even if we happen to rebound, most of you assume that 9-3 or 10-2 is our ceiling. Maybe we finally win the coastal and maybe get a NY6 bowl. What a difference that FSU game, win or lose, would make had they been ranked #1 rather than limping into it after getting beat by Alabama.

So there's the logical argument I should be banned for. Because the illogical, emotionally charged argument is the only acceptable one. **** FSU and may they lose every game...except they're not going to. FSU is not going to lose every game, no matter how much you thump your chest and repeat how you hope they never win another game ever. This is the immature response one might expect from a child of 4. Adults in the room look at the child and gush at how cute it is. "Awww...did you hear that...little Timmy says FSU sucks and hopes they never win another game..." But the rational adults in the room understand that FSU is going to win some games. They're going to win a lot of games, actually, and the best thing for the Miami Hurricanes is for them to win all the right games, and lose all the right games. And as it applies to Miami, Alabama is a game that only benefits us if they win, and only hurts us if they lose.

The FSU obsession on this board is scary

It's rather simple if you look at it.

Don't say you're "back" unless you can beat Florida State. We've come THIS CLOSE twice in the past three years, only to soil the mattress at the end because either the QB or the coaching staff couldn't close the deal.

People down here are tired of excuses.

Advertisement
If Miami is out of the playoff discussion, then roll tide. Otherwise, I'm concerned that FSU is going to be the only ranked team we face this season.

I understand this argument. However, what we can root for without selling our souls to our arch rival is hoping that ND, VT, Pitt are ranked in November when we play them - then things should take care of themselves.

I actually don't understand this argument at all. There's no BCS anymore, no computers or any of that bull****. Win your games, win the Coastal, win the ACC and you're in the playoffs, its that simple. What FSU is ranked is completely meaningless. Just ******* win.

The FSU obsession on this board is scary

It's rather simple if you look at it.

Don't say you're "back" unless you can beat Florida State. We've come THIS CLOSE twice in the past three years, only to soil the mattress at the end because either the QB or the coaching staff couldn't close the deal.

People down here are tired of excuses.

Agree, except we've been this close three straight years, not two out of the three. We need to win now!

If Miami is out of the playoff discussion, then roll tide. Otherwise, I'm concerned that FSU is going to be the only ranked team we face this season.

I understand this argument. However, what we can root for without selling our souls to our arch rival is hoping that ND, VT, Pitt are ranked in November when we play them - then things should take care of themselves.

I actually don't understand this argument at all. There's no BCS anymore, no computers or any of that bull****. Win your games, win the Coastal, win the ACC and you're in the playoffs, its that simple. What FSU is ranked is completely meaningless. Just ****ing win.

You honestly think there's no difference between beating a #1 FSU team and beating a 1-1 FSU team?

I'm going to get down voted to ****, but if you think imaginary internet points is going to dissuade me...

ohDKCIO.jpg

This is the sort of ignorance I can't get down with. There's been a lot of games in this series, but damnit, some of them have meant more than others. Some wins and loses get glossed over and forgotten after a year or so, and some get remembered for all time. What has made this rivalry special has been the amount of games played with national title implications and the amount of games that captured national attention.

Nobody gives a **** about this game if FSU is 0-12, and the only other ranked team we play is #21 VT. The only reason, the ONLY reason why some of you spoiled pricks can even suggest that we could drop a few games or win a bunch of games against teams of questionable quality and still be in CFP contention is because of the team's history. We're a marquee team with a marquee reputation because we were never scared to play the best and we invented swag because we beat the best. What happeed to y'all. Did Golden take ya nuts when he left?

I actually don't understand this argument at all. There's no BCS anymore, no computers or any of that bull****. Win your games, win the Coastal, win the ACC and you're in the playoffs, its that simple. What FSU is ranked is completely meaningless. Just ****ing win.

You honestly think there's no difference between beating a #1 FSU team and beating a 1-1 FSU team?

I'm going to get down voted to ****, but if you think imaginary internet points is going to dissuade me...

ohDKCIO.jpg

This is the sort of ignorance I can't get down with. There's been a lot of games in this series, but damnit, some of them have meant more than others. Some wins and loses get glossed over and forgotten after a year or so, and some get remembered for all time. What has made this rivalry special has been the amount of games played with national title implications and the amount of games that captured national attention.

Nobody gives a **** about this game if FSU is 0-12, and the only other ranked team we play is #21 VT. The only reason, the ONLY reason why some of you spoiled pricks can even suggest that we could drop a few games or win a bunch of games against teams of questionable quality and still be in CFP contention is because of the team's history. We're a marquee team with a marquee reputation because we were never scared to play the best and we invented swag because we beat the best. What happeed to y'all. Did Golden take ya nuts when he left?

Listen, Loose *******. The only game vs FSU with national championship implications is if we play them in the ACCCG. If you can't grasp that, I don't know what to tell you.

If this was the 10th game of the season and we were both undefeated or had one loss, that would be different. But it's the 3rd ******* game of the season. If you've been watching college football for more than five minutes, you know it's too early.

I'm not suggesting beating them isn't important, it's obviously ******* huge. Whether they're 1-1 or 2-0 makes no difference.

Personally, I hope Bama hangs 70 on them on national television. Then I hope we put 77 on them, run the table, do it again in December and stroll into the playoffs.

Advertisement
right so...

if fsu is down 4 points with the ball & a minute left on the clock... youre telling me, honestly, that you'll be on the edge of your seat pulling for FSU to score? when francis hits a nole wr for a game winning td as time expires, youll be happy??? is this what im being told from cane fans on a cane site?

cant be

It can be.

It's the same mentality that makes some men sit in a corner and whack it, while some other guy is piledriving their girl.

It's called being a cuck.

But it really isn't that simple. Washington has a great shot of going undefeated before the Pac12CG; it's possible that USC could also be undefeated with Stanford at 10-2. The BiG East is already being talked up as the best conference division with OSU, PSU and MI. And a 1-loss AL that wins the SEC is in the playoff. Maybe even with 2 losses. If FSU loses to Bama and goes 1-1 with us, we're not going to CFP even if we win the ACCCG. Why? Chief reason will be the schedule* (which is what the pundits are saying, too). The only way we get CFP is 13-0; or, everyone else goes 9-3 and we go 12-1; or we beat an undefeated Clemson for ACCCG with a 12-1 record. Only way in my opinion.

*2. Crossover opponents, or the lack thereof, will come into play: The Pac-12's two highest-ranked teams, and top CFP contenders, No. 4 USC and No. 8 Washington, won't play each other in the regular season. Neither Ohio State nor No. 6 Penn State play No. 9 Wisconsin, though No. 11 Michigan does. Alabama doesn't play Florida or No. 15 Georgia. Ideally, we'll see teams face off in the league title game with each hoping to play themselves into the top four. If a team stumbles, though, not having those quality crossover opponents could be a drag on its overall strength of schedule.

That said, I'm really surprised that some Canes fans are so afraid of FSU. We got some of y'all wishing injuries on kids. Hoping that they're in a weakened state, and believing our ceiling is 10-2. Shameful.

FSU has beat a lot of bad Miami teams and it's only helped them recruit South Florida studs. If you're rooting for FSU, you're short sided. Every loss helps change the mindset that they have had over the recruits in this state. Every FsU loss helps Miami.

In 2009 we beat a 7 win FSU team. Anybody here enjoy that game less?

Advertisement
Personally, I hope Bama hangs 70 on them on national television. Then I hope we put 77 on them, run the table, do it again in December and stroll into the playoffs.

Loose *******? Has your mother been running her mouth? That bytch. It was only one time, and she swore not to tell anybody.

But anyway, you hope Bama beats FSU by 70 and we put 77 on FSU run the table, play FSU again in the ACCCG, who would have set an NCAA record by being the only team ever to have 147 points scored on them in two games without flying the team jet into a mountainside, and putting 77 on them again. ..Then walking into the playoffs?

Yeah, I can kinda see under this scenario how it really doesn't matter if FSU beats Alabama or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clemson was undefeated last year when they faced Pitt. Pitt beat them and what did it do for Pitt? Not a **** thing.

I pull for the Noles to lose every **** game they play. Same for UF. And when FSU and UF play I hope Notre Dames team plane crashes into the stadium.

Here's my thing... Am I going to "root" for FSU? **** no, not under any circumstances. You will never catch me watching the Noles on TV "rooting" for them or wishing them anything but the worst. That includes when they play the Gators -- I may hate them slightly less, but I'm not "rooting" for them.

However, do I see some upside if they beat Bama? Yeah, I get OP's point there... it would be somewhat sweeter to knock them off when they're ranked #1 . Am I going to "root" for that to happen? **** no. "Rooting" implies that I'm going to be sitting on the edge of my seat hoping they pull it out, or cheering when they score. Under no circumstances will that happen.

But if they beat Bama, cool. More hype for our game. I guess. Don't really give a ****. Just win the ****ing game, Canes.

This is the best take I have seen so far.

Advertisement
Back