Dead horse

Advertisement
When rival fans **** on the OC and say they’re glad he’s gone its a red flag. A few educated Michigan fans told me it wasn’t Gattis last year it was some assistant they brought in to help him. I forget his name. They were thrilled he left. Oregon fans have been ripping Mario since he got there about his caveman offenses. Liberty warned us about this marriage and it’s fair to be concerned.
This 100%...(more so with Gattis) I was told by some former UM players 2 weeks ago, that they weren't crazy about the hire (Gattis)

Y’all boys turning on the staff after 3 games hahaha wtf world were y’all living in to think this was going to be some undefeated season?

This was ALWAYS a 8 or 9 win team. Nothing has changed because of last night.

I figured they would eventually turn on him but 3 games is a lot quicker than what I expected...to question and critize something is ok but **** we have some dudes here really to fly the plane already.

Advertisement
It looks like the offense Mario wants is the pre 2017 version of Alabama; Mario left Alabama after the 2016 season. Saban realized that he needed to modernize his offense to keep up and they made the transition from their previous ground and pound offense with game manager QBs to what we saw with Tua through now. That transition took a few years and Hurts was the bridge QB for that.

They still run the ball and are a power team but they have an explosive passing game that gets their guys in space and spreads the field.

Mario is using the Alabama blueprint from when he was there but the problem is that Sabans offensive philosophy has evolved dramatically since then. We are using the 1.0 blueprint and Alabama is on v2 right now. Mario needs to come to the same realization that Saban did about modernizing his philosophy of offense or it’s going to be a struggle. This kind of scheme requires absolute monsters across the board to be consistently successful, and even though Alabama did have monsters Saban still threw that scheme into the dust bin because it’s outdated.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I figured they would eventually turn on him but 3 games is a lot quicker than what I expected...to question and critize something is ok but **** we have some dudes here really to fly the plane already.
“Turning on “ is so over dramatic lol. He’s the most beloved coach we’ve had in forever. Nobody is saying fire him lol.

Miami has a 8 game non conference losing streak against power 5. This is a mediocre program that wilts under the bright lights. before the season, if you thought this team would beat A&M or Clemson on the road you are a full blown ******. This is at BEST a 9-3 team, at best.
I'd be elated with 9 wins after what I watched last night....but I wouldn't bet on it.

Advertisement
it’s pretty simple.

We lost to a very bad team. We couldn’t muster a TD.

The issues that have plagued us for years are still there.

I’m not sure how people are encouraged by our performance. It makes zero sense going forward.

-play calling was abysmal
-TVD struggled
- WRs are once again the worst position group
- special teams continue to be not special.

You cannot expect to win if you lose 2/3 phases of the game.

Offensive coaches and special teams coaches need to get their **** together. Maybe we should have hired a dedicated STC.
Then you're blind. The OL, DL and DB's played extremely well. Held Texas A&M to 10 points (outside of the muffed punt TD). Miami rushed for 175 yards vs 124, and passed for 217 vs 140. 50% more yardage than A&M. Sucks that Gattis is so lacking in creativity that he couldn't script some slants, quick passes, and use multiple TE's (as he is supposedly famous for), and take some shots into the end zone when we were in the red zone. But if you can't see how well the trench play and DB's played ... maybe you should not bother watching games.

“Turning on “ is so over dramatic lol. He’s the most beloved coach we’ve had in forever. Nobody is saying fire him lol.

I don't know how his tenure will ultimately turn out. I do know 3 games given who we were last year is not a big enough sample size....but there are absolutely some dudes here are getting the pitch forks ready.

Come on .... step back from the ledge. Our OL and DL played very well ... UM dominated the trenches and yardage gained. Stupid mistakes lost that game ... UM wasn't beaten by Texas A&M. UM shot themselves in the foot and lacked creative offensive play calling.
I still think FSU would've beaten us. Their defense is faster than ours.

Advertisement
Back