DE Quentin Williams to the Portal

Good luck to the young man but if he could not get playing time on this team his days of playing football may well be over. Tons of young men enter the portal but lots of them never move on to another team.

Advertisement
Yes ...this
If he expected to start as a Freshman he should have went to UMass....
These new cats man...trippin
Hence y I hate the portal. I get grad transfers or maybe a Jr, but when these freshmen r transferring b/c they can’t wait?? Man, miss me w/ that. Even the whole “homesick” excuse is b.s to me.

This is what happens when a team sucks and is in a dog fight every single week,you need your starters out there up until the last whistle and the younger players get no snaps late in games.Had we taken care of business this season maybe a kid like Williams would have stuck around.

Advertisement
Good luck to the kid. Could see him ending up at Wake or Charlotte

Advertisement
Man it's just a different game these days. No snaps as a Fr = enter the transfer portal.

How do you possibly stack talent if that's the level of entitlement from these kids?

The Alabamas of the world keep these kinds of kids due to who's in front of them. They get the opportunity to stack and if anything, lesser players that get to jump ship quicker opens up more scholies for them.

The good thing is everyone isin't Bama.

Will root for him and his family wherever they go!

Seemed like a tweener that just wasn't a fit here.

My mistake. Miller is a R-Soph. Check out the Canes official site.
What’s interesting about Miller is that he’s class of ‘18.

So that means he’s been here since:
18-19
19-20
20-21
21-22

He was considered a RS-Soph last yr, and some sites still have him as a Soph while 247 have him as a Jr.

At this rate, my guy will be here in 2024!

Good luck to both Quentin and Cam W.

Defensive End is a total train wreck outside of Chantz and Harvey. Roberts is going to have to stick there which I’m still not certain is his ideal position. This 2022 class was supposed to be the best in a decade and we might strike out with the staff turmoil. What a cluster.

At DT, Quentin was buried a little this year and depending on who leaves for the NFL could be next year. But he'd be fighting for a starting position and major snaps as a RS Junior, the perfect time to step into that role. I'm not sure if he gets a much better shot at any other decent program.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don't know what his reason is, but I know today's kid has absolutely no patience when it comes to the depth chart. I've got kids in college who have only been at their universities for a year and already want to transfer because they're not playing enough.

The entitlement is so bad that many kids would rather start early on a crappy team, than to redshirt and grind hard for a year or two and eventually contribute at a top-10 program.
I've got a friend whose son left Kentucky after his freshman year because he wasn't playing enough. Went to sorry *** Akron, and he's still not playing enough and wants to hit the portal again. If he had just grinded it out and waited his turn, he could be a major contributor at a top-10 program right now and playing SEC ball. SMH practice a little more foresight.

The portal will be busy ( coming and going) thats three already and the season isn’t over.
Exactly we finna become Michigan state lol transfer portal U but we getting the best of the best from the portal that you shouldn't turn away yall gonna very Happy with who's coming 👀🔥🔥

Advertisement
Man it's just a different game these days. No snaps as a Fr = enter the transfer portal.

How do you possibly stack talent if that's the level of entitlement from these kids?
He had snaps.. even recorded couple tackles and .5TFL

Crib - help me understand the numbers since you’ve been following/waiting for the new rule allowing extra spots if teams lose players to the portal.

Does it mean if we lose 7 (I think that was the number) we can take around 32 total for next year?
That’s how I understand it. You lose seven you can take up to seven guys to replace them.

Advertisement
Back