DE Quentin Williams to the Portal

Advertisement
If I'm being honest, their parents make it worse too.

I've had 10th grader's parents complaining that their son isn't starting and/or playing enough. (on the varsity defense) Sending us messages on Facebook and ****. I've heard a 9th grader's dad complain that his son doesn't have any offers yet. I've had the dad of a young/inexperienced 6'0" 190lb kid complain that his son isn't playing enough on DL when I have a GT commit + two 290lb upperclassmen in front of him.

The **** is crazy, bro. The entitlement. SMH
And what's worse is - we play 18-20 kids on defense EVERY GAME. We rotate a lot and have multiple sub-packages that allow other kids to contribute.
We still get complaints.

Parents living their dreams through their kids and putting their retirement plans on their kids athletic abilities.

Yup. And to brag too.

"My son the starting DE at so-and-so high school! My son got offers!"

I've had 10th grader's parents complaining that their son isn't starting and/or playing enough. (on the varsity defense) Sending us messages on Facebook and ****. I've heard a 9th grader's dad complain that his son doesn't have any offers yet. I've had the dad of a young/inexperienced 6'0" 190lb kid complain that his son isn't playing enough on DL when I have a GT commit + two 290lb upperclassmen in front of him.

And what's worse is - we play 18-20 kids on defense EVERY GAME. We rotate a lot and have multiple sub-packages that allow other kids to contribute.
We still get complaints.
This is exactly why I quit coaching baseball after 15 years, it just got to be to much. I could only have 9 players and they would still Bch. it got worse and worse every year from little league, to national travel team, then spread into high school and now parents are *****ing at collage coaches, wont be long before it gets to mlb or nfl, lol. You are right people would not believe some of the things parents have said or done. Most kids have no accountability nothing was ever their fault it was always because of little Johnny that things didnt work out, not because their kid went 0-4 with 2 K's looking and a couple of errors, lol, smgdfh

Advertisement

We still get complaints.
You are completely right. Too many parents living vicariously through their kids instead of giving guidance and sound advice.

In 3 years manny has lost the next Andre Johnson..the next AP..now the next sapp..and apparently has Devin white running with the white shirts smh

Advertisement

We still get complaints.
Parents are the WORST in sports. They contribute just as, if not more to the problems with these kids. They don't know they're a$$ from a hole in the wall and then fill their kids head with this BS that they're great. Hard pass

This is exactly why I quit coaching baseball after 15 years, it just got to be to much. I could only have 9 players and they would still Bch. it got worse and worse every year from little league, to national travel team, then spread into high school and now parents are *****ing at collage coaches, wont be long before it gets to mlb or nfl, lol. You are right people would not believe some of the things parents have said or done. Most kids have no accountability nothing was ever their fault it was always because of little Johnny that things didnt work out, not because their kid went 0-4 with 2 K's looking and a couple of errors, lol, smgdfh
I just clicked on espn and Baker Mayfield is fielding and having to answer questions about Odell beckhams dad's comments on social media.. Like wtfff, lol..

Advertisement
Whats the point? Avoiding injuries?
Try to lock up a spot early elsewhere and get there in time for spring ball to make an impact would be my guess. And yes you can transfer mid-year. Pretty sure that is what Bowman did the RB from Clemson, didnt play first 2 weeks, entered his name in the portal, next day committed and enrolled in UF.

Ford is for sure gone. Nesta is prob 95% gone. I'm not sure how long Miller sticks around for his 10 snaps a game.

How insane to leave mid year. There is endless 2nd team snaps next year behind LT & Hunte
Why do you say they are gone? None are goind to be drafted, and I bet none of them are on a roster come next year. They will be getting this feedback.

Why do you say they are gone? None are goind to be drafted, and I bet none of them are on a roster come next year. They will be getting this feedback.
For the reasons i listed. Ford is in his 5th year. Nesta seems like someone who overvalues his draft status (nothing new for UM players as everyone has pointed out) and is Miller really not gonna grad transfer somewhere he can get on the field? Versus spend his senior year getting a rotational 10-15 snaps a game?

If Quentin is any good, he would def be able to see the field plenty next year

Advertisement

We still get complaints.
That’s a lot of pressure. **** like that sucks. You guys deserve better - especially for all you do to help guide kids to be the best they can in whatever it is.

Advertisement
Back