DB Dylan Day commits to Miami

Advertisement
I don’t care if y’all talk about here or in the barber shop lol I know speed and it’s impossible to run 21.6 and be slow. Anyone who’s run track knows first meets of the year are weird and all those times should be ignored. Track meets in March and February times are all over the place. Again you can’t be an 11.3 guy and run 21.6 lol.

Perfect example, Chris Johnson ran 10.85 in March at two different meets. We know **** well that he isn’t a 10.8 guy but it’s March lol guys drop significant time from March to May as weather improves and you get into form.
I’m looking at 11.33. If what you are saying is correct then you are saying he couldn’t run that in the 200 and run as slow as 11.33. That’s what was reported. 💁🏻‍♂️

We talk about 40s and 100s here. Never 200s

Ryan Wingo Best Track times:
100m

200m

400m

4x100 relay

Also ran in the 4x200 & 4x400 & put up good times.

So by which criteria are you judging athleticism? Jumping?
@Memnon

Old Men Laughing GIF by ABC Network

A good estimate for a 21.6 would be 10.7-10.75 thus he may have had a bad start for that 11.3 or didn't care to run faster. Did he have lots of 11+ times and no sub 10s?

Advertisement
No dog in this fight but this reminded me of the video where D’onforio was evaluating a safety prospect and the other coaches were basically telling him the guy was too slow and D’Onofrio was like but he's a football player/he can play safety.

Edit: Found it. Starts at 2:20

Super curious, who are they talking about?

Its entirely possible.
I ran an 11.2 100m when I was 16 with a 22.1 200m, but a 4.5 40, being 6'0 205lbs.

My guess is his 40 probably closer to high 4.6s since it seems like he's a top end speed guy.
If he has top end speed like that a speed coach can help him shorten his gate and blast out of the blocks and start better.
He's a long guy.
Based on that he'd be a great RS candidate and S&C would make him lights out if he's already a physical player with high football IQ. as as a RS fr be ready to hit the field running.

Advertisement
Its entirely possible.
I ran an 11.2 100m when I was 16 with a 22.1 200m, but a 4.5 40, being 6'0 205lbs.

My guess is his 40 probably closer to high 4.6s since it seems like he's a top end speed guy.
If he has top end speed like that a speed coach can help him shorten his gate and blast out of the blocks and start better.
He's a long guy.
Based on that he'd be a great RS candidate and S&C would make him lights out if he's already a physical player with high football IQ. as as a RS fr be ready to hit the field running.

The problem with that 4.5 is it’s not verified and most likely hand timed, which mean’s not true.

We can take the verified track numbers and convert them. If he was a 4.5 guy he would have at least 1 sub 11 second 100.

The problem with that 4.5 is it’s not verified and most likely hand timed, which mean’s not true.

We can take the verified track numbers and convert them. If he was a 4.5 guy he would have at least 1 sub 11 second 100.
My 4.5 was laser, it was actually a high 4.5, 4.56 to be exact. I was just as surprised as you when I got it. The only other person in the combine ran a 4.48 but ran a 10.86 100m, he was 21, I was 18 at the time, which is more in line with what you are saying.
I was more of a track athlete then FB player in that time frame, (although I know those times aren't super great, I'm from northern Ontario in Canada) so I trained and adjusted my footspeed accordingly.

I’m looking at 11.33. If what you are saying is correct then you are saying he couldn’t run that in the 200 and run as slow as 11.33. That’s what was reported. 💁🏻‍♂️

We talk about 40s and 100s here. Never 200s
I’m saying he ran 11.33 in his 1st meet of the year. That time we don’t have verified wind or have any idea what the weather was like. He ran 21.6 with legal 1.1 Wind in May.

If you don’t understand track them you shouldn’t talk about 200’s or let us educate you. His verified 200M time trumps his 100 time. It’s all you need to see. I can give you example after example but I can’t teach you how track works. 21.6 means at worst he’s capable of running between 10.7-10.9. More importantly he’s not slow and capable of playing fast at this level. Period.

Back in the day we only had stop watches imagine the times with laser.
I used to watch coaches do the 40 times and there whole arm moved to click the watch that alone put times off .

Now I think of it , I was 6’ 230 high school in 1974 stop watch was used coach yelled 4.7 didn’t pay attention till our RB ran over said big man you hear that WOW I did freak , I was just below a RB .

But it could of all been bad clicking of the stop watch probably.

Advertisement
I’m saying he ran 11.33 in his 1st meet of the year. That time we don’t have verified wind or have any idea what the weather was like. He ran 21.6 with legal 1.1 Wind in May.

If you don’t understand track them you shouldn’t talk about 200’s or let us educate you. His verified 200M time trumps his 100 time. It’s all you need to see. I can give you example after example but I can’t teach you how track works. 21.6 means at worst he’s capable of running between 10.7-10.9. More importantly he’s not slow and capable of playing fast at this level. Period.
Great. I’ll look forward to him running what a 165 pound canes CB should in the 100 and the 40 next time he runs these.

I was simply providing a data point for Skeeter who said the 21.6 was a good time. I agreed.

Now back to Day, if he is a S then I'm not as concerned because he is 165lbs and will need to add 20-30 lbs before he plays. Football IQ and instincts matter a ton with S while CB needs speed and lots of it.
i think he was over 175 in the summer weight wise.

I think he is a nickel here...think the spot Couch has played.

Its entirely possible.

He's a long guy.
he's physical as **** based on his junior film and that was him at a lighter weight.

I think his speed is fine and i like him as a recruit but thats me lol.

He returns punts for his hs...on a team that likely has a ton of fast kids they can use.

The jr film checks out for me.

Advertisement
Skeets said he saw impressive track times so I responded. I’m not going to stop ****. You understand me? I’m going to discuss **** objectively whether or not you and the MariBro’s like it or hate it.
You keep pretending your opinion is the objective truth. It's just not.

You keep pretending your opinion is the objective truth. It's just not.
It’s objective. I praise and criticize. You on the other hand are a MarioBro PoRster who lives to argue your points, which often aren’t relevant, just for the sake of arguing. You’ve literally become - and this is not just my opinion - one of if not the most annoying posters on CIS. I really don’t care what you think - it’s a pointless discussion on a bridge to nowhere. Argue with someone who has the patience for your petulance.

K thx.

he's physical as **** based on his junior film and that was him at a lighter weight.

I think his speed is fine and i like him as a recruit but thats me lol.

He returns punts for his hs...on a team that likely has a ton of fast kids they can use.

The jr film checks out for me.

Love it my man, violence is hard to coach.
That age he's at you can get .1-2 faster too.

Advertisement
Back