DB Dylan Day commits to Miami

Advertisement
Haven’t watched a second of his film but I’d be surprised if he’s pushed out. I think he was guidry’s first offer when he came to Miami. Love that he’s a multi sport athlete and we need safeties.
Good memory. He was definitely singled out from what I remember

Jesus ****…

Why are you throwing it with one minute left!?
Washington coach did it yesterday against Oregon to seal the game. It also looks like if Day doesn't get over there and make the play it would have worked as not seeing another DB in near the kid. In hindsight he likely should not have trusted his QB to make the right decision.

In my non professional opinion this kid is a take. Probably played in multiple games where he wasn’t the most talented on the field , but plays with a chip on his shoulder. Kids like this are the opposite of a Mark Pope or Lingawd. Not entitled, knows he has to work, and not afraid of adversity. We don’t need a team full of divas, we need a team full of hungry dogs. This is a “culture take” I feel

Advertisement
Advertisement
Any idea how Louisiana football is classified?

Is select better than non-select? 4A bigger than 1A?

He looks like an FS…always thought he would need a SC but he’ll play alot.

Haven’t watched a second of his film but I’d be surprised if he’s pushed out. I think he was guidry’s first offer when he came to Miami. Love that he’s a multi sport athlete and we need safeties.
I have seen the film and the kid is very underrated. Day is an instinctive playmaker with good speed who isn’t afraid to come up in run support and lay the wood. What stood out to me the most is the way Day uses his instincts and football IQ to put himself in the best position to make a play on the ball. In terms of where I project him, I see Day as an instinctive ballhawk at the Nickel position with the versatility to be able to operate in man or zone.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That first pass, he was trying to bait the QB to throw the ball. They were lucky it was a terrible pass.

Advertisement

In Maryland the higher number class goes by student population in the school, usually means the football competition is better as well as the talent pool. So, I would assume it’s the same in every state for high school football.

Select: private, magnet, lab etc schools
Non-Select: public and charter schools where kids go to the school that they are zoned for

For the "A" levels, the higher the number, the better the competition. So 4A > 1A.

*I should note, though, that Louisiana goes by "divisions" now rather than the traditional 1A, 2A, etc. The lower the division, the better the competition.

So, 4A > 1A (traditionally)
but
Div 1 > Div 4 (currently)

Last edited:
Select: private, magnet, lab etc schools
Non-Select: public and charter schools where kids go to the school that they are zoned for

For the "A" levels, the higher the number, the better the competition. So 4A > 1A.

*I should note, though, that Louisiana goes by "divisions" now rather than the traditional 1A, 2A, etc. The lower the division, the better the competition.

So, 4A > 1A (traditionally)
but
Div 1 > Div 4 (currently)

Thanks!

I think we found one with this dude

The “evals” thing turned into a bit of a joke over the summer but everything shaking out this kid looks legit

Advertisement
Back