DB Dylan Day commits to Miami

View as article
21.6 isn't bad

Here are Wingo's (WR) 200 times

Likely has good top-end speed but doesn't have the quick burst for elite 40 and 100m times.
When does a player run 100M let alone 200M? In football 100M shows top end speed. Sure 200M can be a complimentary indicator with a good 100M. In terms of Day, I would be interested in his short area speed ie 10 or 20 yard splits more than anything but an 11.3 100 means the kid can’t hang with WRs that will stretch the field. Speaking of Wingo, he has personal bests of 10.50 the last two years, and he is running that at 6’2 200, comparing the two is laughable.

Advertisement
When does a player run 100M let alone 200M? In football 100M shows top end speed. Sure 200M can be a complimentary indicator with a good 100M. In terms of Day, I would be interested in his short area speed ie 10 or 20 yard splits more than anything but an 11.3 100 means the kid can’t hang with WRs that will stretch the field. Speaking of Wingo, he has personal bests of 10.50 the last two years, and he is running that at 6’2 200, comparing the two is laughable.
I'm not comparing the two players. I simply posted the times to show the 200m times. you guys kill me.

You compared their speed which is exactly what I did…. You took a specific data point and one that least translates to football as your comparison to boot.
I was simply providing a data point for Skeeter who said the 21.6 was a good time. I agreed.

Now back to Day, if he is a S then I'm not as concerned because he is 165lbs and will need to add 20-30 lbs before he plays. Football IQ and instincts matter a ton with S while CB needs speed and lots of it.

Advertisement
I was simply providing a data point for Skeeter who said the 21.6 was a good time. I agreed.

Now back to Day, if he is a S then I'm not as concerned because he is 165lbs and will need to add 20-30 lbs before he plays. Football IQ and instincts matter a ton with S while CB needs speed and lots of it.
I thought it was discussed in detail when he committed that the staff likes him at Nickel? Also, I’m not picking on you, but Football IQ and instincts are extremely important for all DBs.

Last edited:
At a buck 65? Is he’s supposed to get faster when we put 25-30lbs on him? Yeesh.

Thinking Think GIF by TLC Europe

Advertisement
Track is cute & all but this a FOOTBALL forum..

Bruh can play FOOTBALL at a fast pace on film..ya know..like..while he’s on the field.

..not the track.

Some of y’all needa stop what you doin..at this instance.
Skeets said he saw impressive track times so I responded. I’m not going to stop ****. You understand me? I’m going to discuss **** objectively whether or not you and the MariBro’s like it or hate it.

Yeah I don’t care about his 200. His 100 tells us what we need to know for a football cornerback on a team hoping to compete at the top levels. We need speed and burst that matters.

No one and I mean no one on here talks about 200 meter times and for good reason. That’s just trying to put lipstick on a pig again. At some point and at different points, a number of us decided to call things as they are.

No. More. Cap.

Ahhh the ole one word sentence technique…. You must mean business

Too. Dramatic. For. Me

Advertisement
Advertisement
Track is cute & all but this a FOOTBALL forum..

Bruh can play FOOTBALL at a fast pace on film..ya know..like..while he’s on the field.

..not the track.

Some of y’all needa stop what you doin..at this instance.
I agree track times aren’t the end all be all. However, every kid we recruit better look fast on their HS film as the overwhelming amount of the opponents they’re facing will be delivering Amazon packages or going to school for something other than athletics. The game gets significantly faster at the next level, especially P5.

Yeah I don’t care about his 200. His 100 tells us what we need to know for a football cornerback on a team hoping to compete at the top levels. We need speed and burst that matters.

No one and I mean no one on here talks about 200 meter times and for good reason. That’s just trying to put lipstick on a pig again. At some point and at different points, a number of us decided to call things as they are.

No. More. Cap.
As a track guy I couldn’t disagree more. 21.6 says he’s more than fast enough. Ignore the 100m time. A true 11.3 guy can’t run 21.6 period. He ran 11.3 in the first meet of the year and 21.6 in May.

Advertisement
Back