DB Dylan Day commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
I think we found one with this dude

The “evals” thing turned into a bit of a joke over the summer but everything shaking out this kid looks legit
His only negative is being smaller. Everything else checks the boxes: good coverage ability, ball skills, able tackler, plays vs top competition and is productive. Not sure what his straight line speed is but he doesn't look slow on tape.

I don’t care if y’all talk about here or in the barber shop lol I know speed and it’s impossible to run 21.6 and be slow. Anyone who’s run track knows first meets of the year are weird and all those times should be ignored. Track meets in March and February times are all over the place. Again you can’t be an 11.3 guy and run 21.6 lol.

Perfect example, Chris Johnson ran 10.85 in March at two different meets. We know **** well that he isn’t a 10.8 guy but it’s March lol guys drop significant time from March to May as weather improves and you get into form.
RIght on. Chris Johnson was training for football half the year and still hitting the 20.40 times at the end of the year. Like you said, he would come in out of track shape at the beginning of the season looking slow from his past history and then dropping his personal best times at the end of the track season. Once he hits his top speed no one in the country is going to catch him like anybody else with a great 200 meter time. Top end speed guys.

You see a lot of guys burst out of the blocks into the lead only to be passed by after 40 or 50 meters. Those guys get run down from behind or guys get them on angles. Football is all angles and a blazer like Johnson can just get by everyone in the open field because of his top end speed. Still have to be a football player with good vision.

Most high schools have seasonal sports and athletes end up in two or more sports. Being in the best shape in one sport is way different than best shape in another. Some private schools have year round for one sport and they can dominate the country.

Advertisement
Back