Dazalin Worsham

Advertisement
he isn’t a take, but that’s ok as long as he is healthy. Just cause Bama doesn’t take a players doesn’t mean they suck. Bama only takes the elite of the elite. This kid has a great base to work with and seems to buy into the philosophy that Stubbs teaches. We need kids who buy in and less divas who transfer when they don’t get a handful of passes thrown to them every single game.

Bama mods and insiders have said different. Maybe he isn't a take at this point in the process but when he decommitted he was. Teams change their boards around all the time. (just like us) But like you said, this kid has the right mentality and has big time talent. We should be jumping for joy if he pulls the trigger today. But of course, that thread will only be about 6 pages when he commits. People will still be sulking over the Fleming saga. I am over that. Time to move on.

I’ll be the first to call out questionable speed and 40 times but this thread continues to irritate me with 4.8 being the only reference about the kid.

That time was 2 years ago and before hip surgery. Unless there’s something on tape that make him look slow or question his ability and ranking, or a newer 40 time confirming it’s still 4.8, the kid is 100% take for me as a player......as long as theres no lingering questions about the medical.

Also, I’d rather have a wideout or two with slightly slower 40 times than DBs. Wideouts can still get separation with good route running, hand usage, body control, varying their speed in their routes, etc. DBs need that speed to close and bc they are usually in chase mode. Big difference. Rarely do we run 4 verticals now without Richt where each WR needs to be a blazer. We need savvy WR who have good routes and hands to move chains as well.

Advertisement
We only have so many spots, I’m not sure the Emilien kid is going to be a take. We have 3 wideouts and need other spots more than WR. Not that I would be upset if he is but OL, CB, and another LB is more crucial. JMO

I’ll be the first to call out questionable speed and 40 times but this thread continues to irritate me with 4.8 being the only reference about the kid.

That time was 2 years ago and before hip surgery. Unless there’s something on tape that make him look slow or question his ability and ranking, or a newer 40 time confirming it’s still 4.8, the kid is 100% take for me as a player......as long as theres no lingering questions about the medical.

Also, I’d rather have a wideout or two with slightly slower 40 times than DBs. Wideouts can still get separation with good route running, hand usage, body control, varying their speed in their routes, etc. DBs need that speed to close and bc they are usually in chase mode. Big difference. Rarely do we run 4 verticals now without Richt where each WR needs to be a blazer. We need savvy WR who have good routes and hands to move chains as well.
And the 40 in reality shouldn't be that big of a deal because no reciever starts a route like that and on top of that they are wearing gear. I dont put much into 40 times because most kids dont know how to run them. There is in actual art to it you can make a 4.8 to a hig 4.6 just by training

Advertisement
And the 40 in reality shouldn't be that big of a deal because no reciever starts a route like that and on top of that they are wearing gear. I dont put much into 40 times because most kids dont know how to run them. There is in actual art to it you can make a 4.8 to a hig 4.6 just by training

While true to some extent (although I don’t think that much of a gap) a lot of these kids practice it bc they know it’s testing at camps now and used for rankings, so it’s more accurate as an apples to apples across players today than it was 10 years ago. If nothing else it confirms a fast guy on tape is in fact fast, or vice versa.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Tony Gaiter was the fastest straight-line guy I ever saw here with Duane Starks a close 2nd. I never saw a lot of Hester in practice. Gaiter used to blow by guys like it was a joke.
Gaiter...Starks etc...were Burners....but no way they'd have Beaten Froggy in a 40yd Dash on turf....

That last TD on the first highlight film you posted is when he blew by Haselwood who was playing deep Safety on play.

Is the max preps highlight from his senior year? That 3rd play where he got the short pass and took it to the house to the opposite side of the field through all that traffic, impressive.

Advertisement
Back