David Yost

His TE's are basically WR's. That's why none of them amount to **** in the NFL. Martin Rucker, Chase Coffman etc. Great college players but couldn't hack the physicality in the NFL. Richt wants a physical team not finesse.

He hasn't had a chance to coach UM TE's. So what do we do now? Just say that he's total crap because he takes kids from Vernal Utah and makes them produce?

Jesus wept. Come to Utah and watch a HS football game. Come and watch the best game of the season in Utah......

Then go watch any game in Dade. Get back to me......

Advertisement
He hasn't had a chance to coach UM TE's. So what do we do now? Just say that he's total crap because he takes kids from Vernal Utah and makes them produce?

Jesus wept. Come to Utah and watch a HS football game. Come and watch the best game of the season in Utah......

Then go watch any game in Dade. Get back to me......

You could name anybody with the way our offense looks now and there cant be much argument. I am just stating what I saw him do at Mizzou with one of the better QB's, Chase Daniel. He had some success but it never could get over the hump of the upper echelon teams (OU, TX).

You could name anybody with the way our offense looks now and there cant be much argument. I am just stating what I saw him do at Mizzou with one of the better QB's, Chase Daniel. He had some success but it never could get over the hump of the upper echelon teams (OU, TX).

So all he did was over perform....Good argument.

Who does Utah St play to think the offense would work against ACC defenses week in and week out? Fuente had big numbers at Memphis and it hasn’t really translated over. Yost was the OC at Mizzou when they had Chase Daniel and Blaine Gabbert and they could never beat TX or OU and Chase Daniel was one of the best college QBs I have seen.

Yost freely admits his offense is combination of a lot of offensive philosophies he has taken from various coaches. He offense wore out a Mich state team at home in east Lansing, mi an USU almost won the game. His offense beat the brakes of a BYU ( that beat the dog rap out of Wisconsin in Madison). An his offense wore out a Wyoming Defense that lead the nation in turnovers. So yeah his offense would work at Miami.

Go Canes

Advertisement
So, watching the Mich State game and at around 52:45 I heardguy the on-field reported mention that the QB had the freedom to call the plays that he wants to play, and how he enjoys that freedom. Does anyone think Richt would even go for something like that? Aside from that, Utah State's offense is badass and I wish we'd stop running the same 5 plays over and over ad nauseam.

I am thinking it's more along the lines of an audible or options off that same play.

Go Canes

@MizCane, WGAF about the NFL? We need our offense to push **** in on the college level. Yost does that.

Prayers sent it you can't see Yost's offense would kill here.

So all he did was over perform....Good argument.

I don't think you realize the talent Pinkel gathered at Mizzou in this era. He had some incredible weapons (Jeremy Maclin, Chase Coffman, Martin Rucker) and some very good defensive players. Where do you think Kool got such a good rep from?

Advertisement
I don't think you realize the talent Pinkel gathered at Mizzou in this era. He had some incredible weapons (Jeremy Maclin, Chase Coffman, Martin Rucker) and some very good defensive players. Where do you think Kool got such a good rep from?

OK Fine. Yost sucks. What more do you want?

He's terrible. I can tell you know because you are talking about defensive players.

God forbid we ever get someone like him around our program.

Let's just smile and nod.

He's terrible. I can tell you know because you are talking about defensive players.

HAHA. Im just saying. If he was such a cant miss he wouldn't be the OC at Utah St. with how many years experience he already has.

He coached a freaking MISSOURI QB to be Heisman Finalist, and another MISSOURI QB to be 1st round pick?

Sign him the FlUCK UP!!!

This is the guy we need. Young Mike Leach without the baggage.

If you were a Southerner, your next response to someone who doesn't think Yost would kill it at Miami would be: "Bless your heart..."

P.s. that is southern code for "you're a ******"

Advertisement
HAHA. Im just saying. If he was such a cant miss he wouldn't be the OC at Utah St. with how many years experience he already has.

Wouldn’t this logic similarly apply to Dave Aranda - who was a DC at Utah State and now one of the best/highest-paid DCs in college football?

This is not a logical argument. Urban Meyer coached at Bowling Green. Nick Saban was a coordinator at Kent State. Good coaches aren’t bad coaches because they start at the lower tiers.

Yost has turned Utah State into an offensive juggernaut. Full stop.

He coached a freaking MISSOURI QB to be Heisman Finalist, and another MISSOURI QB to be 1st round pick?

Sign him the FlUCK UP!!!

This is the guy we need. Young Mike Leach without the baggage.

That Heisman finalist at the time was in like the top 3 all time passing leaders in TX HS football history at a big school. Was a 3 star because of his height. The other was the #1 overall QB in his class.
Anymore facts you want to leave out?

Advertisement
Utah State so far tonight

3 possessions
3 TDs

Up 21-0 with 206 yards 12 minutes into the game

Edit

28-3 at the end of 1

Last edited:
That Heisman finalist at the time was in like the top 3 all time passing leaders in TX HS football history at a big school. Was a 3 star because of his height. The other was the #1 overall QB in his class.
Anymore facts you want to leave out?

So he got the most out of his talent?

56-11 now

Starting QB went out at halftime

500 yards with 3:16 left in the 3rd

Just a machine

Anyone want to bet we’d score more than 35 at Hawaii?

Advertisement
Back