David Yost

Advertisement
Who does Utah St play to think the offense would work against ACC defenses week in and week out? Fuente had big numbers at Memphis and it hasn’t really translated over. Yost was the OC at Mizzou when they had Chase Daniel and Blaine Gabbert and they could never beat TX or OU and Chase Daniel was one of the best college QBs I have seen.

We've seen this offense work in the ACC. It's called Clemson. Tempo, speed, getting the ball to guys in space.

We've seen this offense work in the ACC. It's called Clemson. Tempo, speed, getting the ball to guys in space.
Do they watch the SEC where half these teams play some boring *** Tebow style. People don't think it works because they wrongly base it off these types of teams facing better teams with much much better talent. However, with equal talent all around no reason not to think it wouldn't be very effective at Miami. When an offense is predicated on masking less talent to offset talent discrepancies, I'm not sure why they think it wouldn't work with equal or better talent.

OP,

This has nothing to do with the topic, per se. Did you think Mark Richt was a good offensive coach?
I think he is a good offensive coach when his teams are loaded with talent. Without insane talent he is bad. Yost would be elite with the talent richt needs to be good and he would always be good with any miami offense.

Advertisement
Do they watch the SEC where half these teams play some boring *** Tebow style. People don't think it works because they wrongly base it off these types of teams facing better teams with much much better talent. However, with equal talent all around no reason not to think it wouldn't be very effective at Miami. When an offense is predicated on masking less talent to offset talent discrepancies, I'm not sure why they think it wouldn't work with equal or better talent.
Yep and the biggest problem with most of these guys is they forget about defense but we have that covered

Who does Utah St play to think the offense would work against ACC defenses week in and week out? Fuente had big numbers at Memphis and it hasn’t really translated over. Yost was the OC at Mizzou when they had Chase Daniel and Blaine Gabbert and they could never beat TX or OU and Chase Daniel was one of the best college QBs I have seen.

fvck it he sucks lets let someone else have him.

Prior to his appointment at Utah State, Yost spent the 2016 season as the quarterback coach and passing game coordinator at Oregon. In his one season at UO, the Ducks ranked 16th nationally in total offense at 491.7 yards per game, 27th in the nation in both scoring offense (35.4 ppg) and rushing offense (226.4 ypg), 32nd nationally in passing offense (265.3 ypg), and 10th nationally with just six thrown interceptions.

Prior to his appointment at Utah State, Yost spent the 2016 season as the quarterback coach and passing game coordinator at Oregon. In his one season at UO, the Ducks ranked 16th nationally in total offense at 491.7 yards per game, 27th in the nation in both scoring offense (35.4 ppg) and rushing offense (226.4 ypg), 32nd nationally in passing offense (265.3 ypg), and 10th nationally with just six thrown interceptions.
Pffttt....Jon Richt says "Hold my Dr. Pepper......

Advertisement
And FTR I'm probably the biggest pro style, drop back passer, utilize your TE proponent on the planet. We don't have the physicality to run it. We need this dude, badly.

Great college coaches (some) make qbs in college look better than what they really are. If this guy has that gift i wouldnt mind.

Without an ELITE recruter we will probably never again have the physicality to run a "Pro-style" under center offense again.
S&C IMO. When Moffitt left so did that physicality. I remember being behind some players when McKinnie about killed Alex Brown before the sugar bowl. The transformation that took place under him was never more obvious than that night. UF wasn't some scrub team, we looked like a pro team and them a good college team. Fast forward to the peach bowl with us vs LSU. That night I knew our program was done. We looked like a high school team compared to his LSU team.

Advertisement
S&C IMO. When Moffitt left so did that physicality. I remember being behind some players when McKinnie about killed Alex Brown before the sugar bowl. The transformation that took place under him was never more obvious than that night. UF wasn't some scrub team, we looked like a pro team and them a good college team. Fast forward to the peach bowl with us vs LSU. That night I knew our program was done. We looked like a high school team compared to his LSU team.

No doubt we miss him badly.

What I love about this is he basically says he doesn't care how he looks or how he acts he wants to win. He has his hair like that so hes memorable for recruits. That says a lot reminds me of schnellenberger's leaving his pipe at recruits houses so they remember him

So, watching the Mich State game and at around 52:45 I heard the on-field reported mention that the QB had the freedom to call the plays that he wants to play, and how he enjoys that freedom. Does anyone think Richt would even go for something like that? Aside from that, Utah State's offense is badass and I wish we'd stop running the same 5 plays over and over ad nauseam.

Advertisement
What's beautiful about this offense is how he loves to utilize the tight end. And we have two good ones. He would have so much fun with what we have. He's like the Blankman offense. He can make trash look like J-5. Yost is legit.

Last edited:
What's beautiful about this offense is how he loves to utilize the right end. And we have two good ones. He would have so much fun with what we have. He's like the Blankman offense. He can make trash look like J-5. Yost is legit.

tight end but yes I agree. We always have the best TE's in the business and they have been criminally underutilized as of late.

He runs predominantly 2 TE sets. And he knows how to get production from all the players on his offense.

Even the 2* kids out of Tooele, Utah.

fvck it he sucks lets let someone else have him.

This is how we do it on my D , you stink you out , you stick people and flip buggers on them and every so often get a unsportsmanlike like 15 yard penalty.

SO BE IT , we dominate , we require a minimum of (2) penalties like this per game to play our style of D , bottom line W's.

Our best D call in the huddle is "DON'T GIVE A F " READY BREAK

tight end but yes I agree. We always have the best TE's in the business and they have been criminally underutilized as of late.

He runs predominantly 2 TE sets. And he knows how to get production from all the players on his offense.

Even the 2* kids out of Tooele, Utah.

His TE's are basically WR's. That's why none of them amount to **** in the NFL. Martin Rucker, Chase Coffman etc. Great college players but couldn't hack the physicality in the NFL. Richt wants a physical team not finesse.

Advertisement
Back