David Lake compares JT4 to the Cheetah Tyreek Hill

Advertisement

Jeff Thomas is a true talent with a sub-par work ethic and a two-cent head.

Unless he matures quickly, the NFL is going to eat him alive.

This kid didn't have the ability to translate his game from high school to college—reliant upon natural talent and not feeling he had to work hard for playing time or to prove himself—yet we're to believe he's going to turn all of that around at the sport's highest level? Color me skeptical.

Hope for his sake he turns it around, but really tired of hearing so much about this who spent all his time at Miami underperforming and not putting in the work.

Dude was literally outworked by a former 2-Star Buffalo transfer last season; KJ Osborn taking his reps—while it appeared Mike Harley called Thomas out in mid-season team meetings about not leading or living up to his potential.

Why our fan base remains to obsessed with this kid is beyond me—as if Miami hasn't had its share of speed demons who terrorized defenses and specials teams over the years.

Herbert always looked like a big robot to me. He's Jake Locker until he shows me he isn't.
I personally like Herbert's game. Or atleast I like the potential I see in him. But to be the franchise qb people talk about he's gotta tighten up his mental approach to the he in a big way. For me that's his most glaring weakness. The rest can be overcame

Dmoney said he didn't train for the combine. He ran a 4.45 40, not good for someone his size. Had he trained and practiced technique he more than likely could've pushed that into the 4.3s. I couldn't imagine interviewing for a job that could make you millions and just half-assing the entire process.
Jeff's biggest issue besides the coaching has always been he's not well. The kids a lil off. Good kid but he's constantly fighting his demons. He does a good job on the outside but mentally I think it takes a toll on him. That's something he's gonna have to work on not only professionally but far more so in life. I'd worry about him otherwise. Far as a football talent goes though the kid can set his own bar.

Jeff would've been better playing some where else and would've been better if he had another yr in lashee offense. Never had the ability to run one back not his game

Advertisement
Jeff would've been better playing some where else and would've been better if he had another yr in lashee offense. Never had the ability to run one back not his game
Huh? He run one back against FIU, one against Va Tech in 2018. Almost ran two back. Doesn’t help if special teams blocking was absolute **** during his time here.

Screenshot_20200415-215739_YouTube.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't see why folks here are so infatuated with Jeff's alleged "talent." We had 3 years of this kid here. Outside of the LSU and VT game, what actual plays stand out? This kid flashed brilliantly at that HS all-star game and I believe everyone's mind was made up then; but he's never done much to warrant that hype.

And again, I wholeheartedly recognize that with a real offense, he probably would have produced more, but so would everyone else. I just don't see it with him.

Still wish him the best though. I hope he finds his way onto a roster.

I don't see why folks here are so infatuated with Jeff's alleged "talent." We had 3 years of this kid here. Outside of the LSU and VT game, what actual plays stand out? This kid flashed brilliantly at that HS all-star game and I believe everyone's mind was made up then; but he's never done much to warrant that hype.

And again, I wholeheartedly recognize that with a real offense, he probably would have produced more, but so would everyone else. I just don't see it with him.

Still wish him the best though. I hope he finds his way onto a roster.
He stood out in each of the last 2 fsu games

Advertisement
Dugans and Stubblefield weren't a problem??
Guess that's why they retained their jobs....

I thought Stubbs was retained and decided to leave to Penn State voluntarily. I mean it is kind of a promotion being that they are a top 10 team every year, not to mention Manny will be on the hot seat if he doesn't perform better this year.

Glad he stood out against a team that was 5-7 and 6-7 in those two years.
Never going to diminish a fsu victory, so in the Fvck what. No one did that when they were winning 13 and 14 games in 2013 and 2014 beating an average Miami and bad Miami team that went 6-7

Advertisement
Back