David Gilbert IS our mystery commit!!

Advertisement
Shayon Green tryna bend that corner all year last year.......

220.gif

But foreal i love the hustle Shayon Possesses ...he runs stuff down all game..which is why he racked up so many tackles...but He doesnt set the edge that well..(not his fault..size-arm length issue)..and he doesnt get up the field all that well..but even when he does guys slip him...Shayon likely left 4-5 sacks on the field last year.

He's a smooth rotation guy imo..but he likely starts this year again..which im not mad..on passing downs i would like a guy like Gilbert though.

yall know this means either bonds or AQM aint coming right? Most likely Bonds

It's unfortunate that Bond* is likely not coming. But, him coming or not, if I have the option to rent Wisonsin's senior starting DE for a season, I'm doing it ten times out of ten.

Also, Bond* would have likely been slated more as an OLB and situational DE, whereas Gilbert is an every down DE.

I know Shayon Green hasn't done much of anything in a Canes uniform...but I'm rooting for him to do well at the DE spot this year, just to show what kind of developers of talent Golden and the staff can be.

I hate when people diss guys like Green (just to be clear, you aren't, which I appreciate). This kid has had one **** of a journey. People forget though, that he was the leading tackler last season. I'm rooting for him, too.

http://www.hurricanesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28700&ATCLID=205809860

There are a lot of good kids with stories of struggle. People in this world struggle much more than he ever has, and I'm not showing any disrespect for his struggles/triumphs overcoming them.

But he's not a UM level player, let alone starter, and his play on the field is something that on a FOOTBALL BOARD, I think should be open to discussion/criticism.

We'll never know, but I suspect he would've been UM-caliber if not for the injuries, but that doesn't matter now. What matters is that he was, and probably still is, the best we have to put on the field. Hate on his play all you want if it makes you feel better about yourself, but it's STILL not his fault that he's our best option. Your discussion/criticism is badly misplaced.

So if a kid is a bad player, you are only allowed to criticize his poor play if it "was his fault" for being here. Makes zero sense.

It wasn't Jacory's fault Randy handed the keys to him. It wasn't Kriby Freeman's fault he was what followed a non-fault Kyle Wright. Is that how this philosophy of yours works?

Advertisement
So what's the word? Is he playing this year or not?

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES. HOW MANY MILLION TIMES DOES THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN FOR PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND: 5th YEAR GUYS WHO HAVE GRADUATED CAN TRANSFER AND PLAY IMMEDIATELY. RUSSELL WILSON. KIRK IN BASKETBALL.

for ***** sake i understand the mother****ing rules. The question was his health. HEALTH HEALTH HEALTH HEALTH HEALTH HEALTH.HOW MANY TIMES DOES IT HAVE TO GET POSTED THAT THE DUDE WAS PLANNING ON SITTING OUT A YEAR BC OF FOOT PROBLEMS FOR IT TO BECOME A LEGITIMATE QUESTION ABOUT HIM PLAYING THIS YEAR OR NEXT?

So if a kid is a bad player, you are only allowed to criticize his poor play if it "was his fault" for being here. Makes zero sense.

It wasn't Jacory's fault Randy handed the keys to him. It wasn't Kriby Freeman's fault he was what followed a non-fault Kyle Wright. Is that how this philosophy of yours works?

Um, no. Clueless.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES. HOW MANY MILLION TIMES DOES THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN FOR PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND: 5th YEAR GUYS WHO HAVE GRADUATED CAN TRANSFER AND PLAY IMMEDIATELY. RUSSELL WILSON. KIRK IN BASKETBALL.

for ****s sake i understand the mother****ing rules. The question was his health. HEALTH HEALTH HEALTH HEALTH HEALTH HEALTH.HOW MANY TIMES DOES IT HAVE TO GET POSTED THAT THE DUDE WAS PLANNING ON SITTING OUT A YEAR BC OF FOOT PROBLEMS FOR IT TO BECOME A LEGITIMATE QUESTION ABOUT HIM PLAYING THIS YEAR OR NEXT?

So you assume Miami is taking him SO HE CAN APPLY FOR A SIXTH YEAR OF ELIGIBILITY AND SIT FOR 2013? CAN COACH L GET GREG ODEN TOO?

HE'LL PLAY THIS YEAR.

Advertisement

for ****s sake i understand the mother****ing rules. The question was his health. HEALTH HEALTH HEALTH HEALTH HEALTH HEALTH.HOW MANY TIMES DOES IT HAVE TO GET POSTED THAT THE DUDE WAS PLANNING ON SITTING OUT A YEAR BC OF FOOT PROBLEMS FOR IT TO BECOME A LEGITIMATE QUESTION ABOUT HIM PLAYING THIS YEAR OR NEXT?

So you assume Miami is taking him SO HE CAN APPLY FOR A SIXTH YEAR OF ELIGIBILITY AND SIT FOR 2013? CAN COACH L GET GREG ODEN TOO?

HE'LL PLAY THIS YEAR.

No I'm not assuming anything like you. There were multiple posts about him sitting this year going back and forth. I just wanted an actual clarification not some jackass trying to quote the rule book that I already ******* knew.

HE'LL PLAY THIS YEAR.

No I'm not assuming anything like you. There were multiple posts about him sitting this year going back and forth. I just wanted an actual clarification not some jackass trying to quote the rule book that I already ****ing knew.

I apologize. I sincerely thought you were suffering from a lack of effort. I don't know who's implying or saying he won't play this year, but it doesn't make any sense. I do not see any way that Miami would take a player for one year who is medically unable to perform, or at genuine risk of being so ruled.

Hey bud I'm not arguing. I really despise back and forths on the internet. I find em petty. I just wanted some clarification. But according to this article he is a genuine risk of not being able to perform. But it's bleacher report so I guess we gotta tifiw.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...at-david-gilberts-departure-means-for-badgers

I gotta hope the staff has done its due diligence and the kid can play

Im hoping the article took for granted that the kid liked the new coaching staff. Bc I would think if he indeed wants to play, contrary to what the article says, then the reason he left is bc maybe he wasn't feeling the new staff so well.

Advertisement
I see what you're seeing. My hope is simply, on Miami's end, that they vetted the player and his abilities prior to taking him on. But we shall wait and see.

**** if this is true then UM will need a Podiatrist on staff Full time to care this guy and Juco DT/DE transfer Julio Derosier (with his two broken feet). Man the trainers better be on their game this year.

Go Canes!

We've always had podiatrists on the medical staff, just like team dentists. I'm fairly knowledgeable about major foot surgery. Major surgeries can take many months for full recovery. I would wonder how he could be available for 2013.

I see what you're seeing. My hope is simply, on Miami's end, that they vetted the player and his abilities prior to taking him on. But we shall wait and see.

Just throwing it out there. Maybe they vetted him, he was iffy, but they figured the risk/reward was in their favor so they're rolling the dice. I hope it works out. His highlights are great.

Advertisement
Matador, he missed most of 2011 but played all of 2012, including the Rose bowl and was their leading tacler. IIRC...49 tackles and 9.5 sacks. He had minor foot surgery this spring but is supposed to be ready to go

Im hoping the article took for granted that the kid liked the new coaching staff. Bc I would think if he indeed wants to play, contrary to what the article says, then the reason he left is bc maybe he wasn't feeling the new staff so well.

Maybe the new staff wants their own players, same as Golden did. He is a fifth year senior with injury history. Why not use the scholly on a player that you have chosen and have 4 years to develop?

On Miami's end it is just a simply case of low risk, high reward. He will use a scholly that was already open, if he is a cancer he gets booted, and the scholly comes available again next year. No real downside only upside

If this ends up being a Jarvis Jones where USC wouldn't clear him and he's actually fine to play then I'm all for it.. but the dude is one step away from hurting that foot again so how much contribution could we expect? I don't know.

Advertisement
Back