David Gilbert IS our mystery commit!!

Hey, give this staff credit for hustling and working its tail off. Here they are at the 11th hour taking a flier on a quality kid, who if healthy plugs into a defensive end rotation.

Best post in the thread.

We lose Bond (allegedly) and get a 5th year.

The Don is just swinging around the bologna hammer not giving a fack

Just like Corn, Griffin and other guys who we got after NSD too. Staff grinds 24/7 365 and finds the right guys for this team gotta love it

Advertisement
Liking what that ESS2011 had to say. God I need to stop reading secondhand accounts from Twitter and ******* ****** FSU boards on here.

Advertisement
Alright well enough with what the Noles think. I go to UW-Madison (Undergrad and now Med School--tried for Miami medicine but I went on a rant about how I belonged at the U and probably sounded like an unprofessional clown in my application letter. It happens.) and can say that his name came up quite a few times at the tailgates in 11 when they lost Watt to the draft. Comparisons to Matt Shaughnessy (NFL journeyman / 3rd round pick), but considered much quicker and a smaller build.
I can't recall if it was more in the lines of "who gives a **** about Watt we got Gilbert" or "we'll be alright, we get Gilbert back", because it's a ******* tailgate with a purpose: to eat brats and get drunk. But there it is.

He adds needed depth if his foot holds up.

Last edited:
God, we need to destroy these idiots and Gilbert needs to have 5 sacks while knocking Winston out of the game.

http://floridastate.247sports.com/B...-transfer-eligible-to-play-in-2013-19586012/1

lol at the Idiot that says "3 bad QBs"

We're trying to cut ties with a 4 star QB but I guess he's just one of the bad 3.

****ing Trailerhasse's finest right there...

What a bunch of dumb asses. Cant wait to pummel those ****ers

Advertisement
Im hoping the article took for granted that the kid liked the new coaching staff. Bc I would think if he indeed wants to play, contrary to what the article says, then the reason he left is bc maybe he wasn't feeling the new staff so well.

Maybe the new staff wants their own players, same as Golden did. He is a fifth year senior with injury history. Why not use the scholly on a player that you have chosen and have 4 years to develop?

On Miami's end it is just a simply case of low risk, high reward. He will use a scholly that was already open, if he is a cancer he gets booted, and the scholly comes available again next year. No real downside only upside

You don't run players like Gilbert off. You run off garbage not one of your best defensive players.

are you implying that Gilbert got run off and he's garbage? Or are you implying that Gilbert, being one of the best defensive players, left on his own volition and against the wishes of the new coaches at Wisconsin?

He is saying that Gilbert made the decision to leave, and the coaches probably wanted him back. Which I totally agree with...you do not just let a player of his caliber walk.

completely agree.

Alright well enough with what the Noles think. I go to UW-Madison (Undergrad and now Med School--tried for Miami medicine but I went on a rant about how I belonged at the U and probably sounded like an unprofessional clown in my application letter. It happens.) and can say that his name came up quite a few times at the tailgates in 11 when they lost Watt to the draft. Comparisons to Matt Shaughnessy (NFL journeyman / 3rd round pick), but considered much quicker and a smaller build.
I can't recall if it was more in the lines of "who gives a **** about Watt we got Gilbert" or "we'll be alright, we get Gilbert back", because it's a ******* tailgate with a purpose: to eat brats and get drunk. But there it is.

He adds needed depth if his foot holds up.

Stingarov - I'm here for law school and heard the some of the same excitement last year from badger fans. It seems like Gilbert has yet to reach his full potential. Hopefully Golden and his staff can make the most of Gilbert's last chance to impress NFL scouts on the field.

Honestly if we have the spot and the kid is a team first kid, it is ONLY win win. He is coming from a winning program. He only counts for this year. If he gives us anything then its worth the ship. If he blows out his acl game one it doesnt matter provided he is a team first guy and we have an open slot.

Advertisement
Back