David Gilbert IS our mystery commit!!

duke4heisman

Let's go Brandon!
All Big Ten caliber DE from Wisconsin played 4 yrs and graduated in May.....originally from South Florida

Last edited:
Advertisement
He was good at Wisconsin but had serious foot problems. So much so that Docs thought he should hang it up.

I do not think it is him for that reason...

Thanks j...did some research and found him, seemed logical but didn't know much about his situation

What would make you ask that question? Just because he's originally from SFL? I'm not trippin on you, just curious...

Advertisement
Mike Bakas suggested it on a scout forum and it seemed logical to me but wanted to see if anyone had more insight...He also acknowledged that Gilbert is not returning for his final yr at Wisconsin due to his foot issues, however, Bakas states that he believes Gilbert can help someone in 2013 and that "time will tell." TIFWIW

Last edited:
Advertisement
Gilbert is just as good as Giddins and I would say better based if his stats from the 2012 season. 9.5 tfl which is almost half of what our team had in total and 4 sacks which is much better than Shayon Green's zero. Plus, Gilbert had a harder schedule over all.

Just off of my preliminary research, this seems like an awesome pickup for next season if he is healthy.

I wonder if the foot surgeries are that detrimental that he actually considered not playing at all next season or if he is just using it as a convenient excuse to transfer from Wisconsin for his last year with the coaching change and scheme change to a 3-4.

After reading a few articles it doesn't sound like a sure thing that this guy will ever step on the field due to injuries

Advertisement
Knowing nothing about either situation, USC wouldn't clear Jarvis Jones' neck injury and look how that panned out for Georgia. Fingers crossed?

After reading a few articles it doesn't sound like a sure thing that this guy will ever step on the field due to injuries

The optimist in me wants to believe it's a convenient excuse to leave Wisconsin due to the coaching changes and shift to 3-4 defense. But, in reality, it is definitely a very valid concern.

Advertisement
I don't get this, sounds like he is damaged goods. How is this guy going to help us?

i was tryin to see how many injuries he has had and i only saw he got injured once but thats all ive seen so if anyone has a link to his injury issues can you post it please

Advertisement
Back