David Gilbert IS our mystery commit!!

Advertisement
This should also help out Chickillo a lot. This upgrades our defensive line in more ways than one.

I just hope it is official and he can be healthy by the season. For a 1 year rental like this, I honestly can't think of a position I'd rather it be at than DE. Some may say DT, but our main DT problem is getting in some talented youth, I actually really like our top 3 DTs. I have much less confidence in our DEs.

Advertisement
Have you guys seen our DL?!

This would be a great addition to what is BY FAR the team's weakest unit.

This would be awesome. Can't watch another year of 8th year senior "Shannon hidden Gem" Shayon getting mauled by TEs on contain.

Advertisement
**** yeah. The U needs to get back to the Jimmy Johnson days. I want people to hate Miami. I want to kick *** and talk **** while we do it. Player's need to get that swagg up! This kid can help us get back.

I know Shayon Green hasn't done much of anything in a Canes uniform...but I'm rooting for him to do well at the DE spot this year, just to show what kind of developers of talent Golden and the staff can be.

That aside--bringing in this Gilbert kid is great for DE depth. Even if he's just serviceable in a limited number of reps, another good body in the DE rotation (with Bond/Kamalu looking like longshots to qualify) is a great thing.

Advertisement
Is it weird that I automatically thought he was a white boy?

It would be great if the kid comes here and give us some solid production for one year.

I just hope that this doesn't turn into another Blake Ayles situation.

I can't see how Golden would go after this guy if he's not going to be healthy and able to contribute this year. Golden does his homework and knows his ****. I trust him. If he's letting him transfer, it's not just to fill a spot. The guy will come in and contribute.

Is it weird that I automatically thought he was a white boy?

It would be great if the kid comes here and give us some solid production for one year.

I just hope that this doesn't turn into another Blake Ayles situation.

The difference between Ayles and Gilbert is that Ayles never produced well in college, even at USC. He was just a highly ranked guy that underachieved throughout college. Gilbert is proven in college. As already posted here, in 2012 Gilbert had 42 tackles, 9.5 tackles for loss and 4 sacks. In 2011 before his season ending foot injury he started the team's first 4 games, and in those 4 games he recorded 10 tackles, 3.5 tackles for loss and 3 sacks- in 4 games.

This guy has a lot of talent and skill. How much of it diminished because of the injury? Who knows. He was on track for a MONSTER season in 2011 before his season ending injury, but in 2012 he bounced back and had a really solid season. If he comes to play at Miami this up-coming season and can be similar to what he was last season at Wisconsin, I would consider it our most important recruit of the year.

Advertisement
Does anybody know if he can register for grad school classes at Summer Session 2? Or has he signed a Grant In Aid yet? Once done, the school is permitted to officially confirm. Otherwise, Pete gotta call him.

Advertisement
Back