David Cooney

Advertisement
What other schools would do is search around and get a guy that can coach AND recruit....I know we haven’t had many coaches that fit that bill around here but there ARE a lot of guys out there that do.

As amusing as it is alot of noise about it. This is Mandy's version of progressive failure

These are the types of hires where you need someone like Zo to talk u off the ledge! “You’re going to promote who?!? Here’s some money, go buy a real WR coach.”

Hopefully Lashlee has a say and isn’t already infected with this DiaZombie virus

Advertisement
if you’re referring to the one that wanted to go to Alabama, but came to Miami for David, than yes. The one he’s coached since pop warner... stop

So he should be WR coach cos he pulled Pope? Wtf? If anything, Pope has been such a bust that I would can Cooney for that sole reason.

if you’re referring to the one that wanted to go to Alabama, but came to Miami for David, than yes. The one he’s coached since pop warner... stop

To play devil's advocate here because it can spark some good debate:
One could say those Ridge kids are physically some of the most talented on the roster (i personally think Wiggins is) but struggling for playing time because they lack the fundamentals and coaching needed to succeed. And where did they come from and who coached them along the way?

I wasnt referring it. I flat out said it. Numerous times at that. The same one who was headed to uf on two seperate occasions. The same one who was headed to oklahoma. The same one who was headed to ped st... So what's ur point? U said the kids love him. As in the room does outside of those two. U mention what he did in highschool yet avoid what hes done in the present. Why?

Who had the best WRs in the country this year? Hard to argue against LSU, isn't it? (Although yes, Bama might have something to say about that).

The LSU WR coach?

Coached WRs at Alcorn State and Grambling State.

Before Coach O grabbed him, he was at Louisiana Tech coaching...……………………..Running Backs.

Again, for the 700th time, you guys put WAY too much stock into coaching WRs. It's a recruiting position. Mickey Joseph got the LSU job because he's a NOLA guy and has extensive recruiting connections in Louisiana.

But sure, Ja'Marr Chase won the Biletnikoff Award because he was being coached by Louisiana Tech's running backs coach.
Pretty accurate. That's why we should add another great recruiter at WR and not necessarily promote one that is already in house

Advertisement
I see no problem with the potential hire. Any program pretending to have aspirations of being "elite" would clearly promote someone with this as their ENTIRE bio to an on-field corching job. Makes the guy who was also rumored that was coaching at Clarion against powers like Slippery Rock and Edinboro look like someone Belichick should add to his staff then.

Screenshot_20200120-140205_Samsung Internet.jpg

Advertisement
Tired of Miami chasing these pop warner guys and making them one of our 10 on field coaches. What happens when the pipeline of guys he coached at Pop Warner cycles out over time? Do you get rid of him and replace him with another Pop Warner coach? Even with all of these Dade County relationship guys, the top kids are leaving, so I am really failing to see the point in keeping them on staff instead of coaches that can actually coach. Instead of looking for short cuts and relying on relationships, can we please just try something novel and hire the best coach that can relate to kids and develop them for the next level?

I wasnt referring it. I flat out said it. Numerous times at that. The same one who was headed to uf on two seperate occasions. The same one who was headed to oklahoma. The same one who was headed to ped st... So what's ur point? U said the kids love him. As in the room does outside of those two. U mention what he did in highschool yet avoid what hes done in the present. Why?
Only thing is cooney hasn't been the wr coach the last 2 years or the guy who chooses which wr get playing time

Advertisement
His biggest signee was pope? For all his reported "chess not checkers" notoriety that's all he's amounted to? Another one of Pete's giant fizzles.

This move would be dsddcane's dream come true.lol If we had a sliver of hope of bringing hightower back, cooney to WRC would be the permanent door close.

The revisionist of it all is laughable. Cooney delivered us Pope? Could’ve sworn Pope said his relationship w DUGANS is the reason he came to Miami; that he was like a father figure to him......to the point when Dugans left, Pope wanted to transfer this season.

I don’t recall Cooney delivering anyone to us of note. If KJ Osborne is his coup....if Dee Wiggins is his coup.....if Stevenson coming on campus 24/7 & going to UGA instead, & Billy Gibson flipping on us is his claim as an excellent recruiter, FOL if he’s promoted to a WR coach.

If he’s an “excellent” coach, then why can’t a 5 star WR come on campus that was formerly under his tutelage can’t run a decent route to save his life? FOH if true.

The revisionist of it all is laughable. Cooney delivered us Pope? Could’ve sworn Pope said his relationship w DUGANS is the reason he came to Miami; that he was like a father figure to him......to the point when Dugans left, Pope wanted to transfer this season.

I don’t recall Cooney delivering anyone to us of note. If KJ Osborne is his coup....if Dee Wiggins is his coup.....if Stevenson coming on campus 24/7 & going to UGA instead, & Billy Gibson flipping on us is his claim as an excellent recruiter, FOL if he’s promoted to a WR coach.

If he’s an “excellent” coach, then why can’t a 5 star WR come on campus that was formerly under his tutelage can’t run a decent route to save his life? FOH if true.

He wanted to leave before dugans left and dugans was one of the reasons why.

Advertisement
Back