David Cooney

David would be a good hire imho. that’s it. my opinion. who would you like?
I respect that is your opinion. However people who do not want Cooney do not have some agenda against him. I will be the first to admit that I do not know the name of every WR coach in the country, but from LCE's thread, Darrell Wyatt and DJ McCarthy looked like interesting names. Someone who has worked in a similar offense to what Lashlee is going to run would be ideal.

Advertisement
this i agree w and would be a HR hire as a WR coach. i just cant see him coming back to a place where he was the OC only to take a lesser position
He might not have any other suitors. He’s gonna have to live with the fact that he’s awful as an OC. Learn you place, James — a decent position coach known for his crootin’

Maybe we can get the Wr coach off Bama or UGAs staff...you know they can coach and Lawd knows they know how to recruit in this area..😂

Advertisement
This would be hilarious , after he got demoted I asked a couple friends “ you think coley might come back with a co oc / wr coach title?”.

Thinking maybe he’s butthurt.
Honestly, if I was him I work for an experienced play caller and learn that craft because he's not that good at it. An up-tempo playcaller to to strengthen or refine his playcalling ability.

imma send my resume in, if I act like a proper beta orbiter male in 2020 maybe strawberry will tell blake to hire me?

just need to get a mustache, add about 30 pounds of weight, get some fake glasses so I look the part and I should be in.

Advertisement
We've been struggling with evals of local kids lately, have several talented kids we've either offered too late or not at all, so what's his role in all of that?
This is what I’ve been wondering. I really thought we needed to clean house on our recruiting department because it seems they are terrible.

This would be hilarious , after he got demoted I asked a couple friends “ you think coley might come back with a co oc / wr coach title?”.

Thinking maybe he’s butthurt.
I’m sure he is. It would be something to consider if he isn’t trying/able to land a play calling OC job somewhere.

Cooney wouldn't be my first choice but it could be worse like another Stubblefield. Peep where Cooney is at rn. Big bags.
20200120_170855.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Advertisement
I always laugh at people who whine about Stubblefield. Our WRs showed improvement - outside of Thomas, who has always been a CIS legend & headcase who never produced. He brought in a very good WR class, and now Penn State came calling who has produced way better WRs in the last 5 years than we have.

This fan base really has a low IQ.

I always laugh at people who whine about Stubblefield. Our WRs showed improvement - outside of Thomas, who has always been a CIS legend & headcase who never produced. He brought in a very good WR class, and now Penn State came calling who has produced way better WRs in the last 5 years than we have.

This fan base really has a low IQ.
Penn state is a sinking ship. X was coming regardless and Redding came bc of his major. Those thinking even Cooney is not an upgrade are the ones with a low football IQ.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back