David Cooney

Advertisement
ok so if we’re going to be 100% real, it was his family and david that got him here. dugans is a good recruiter, but come on man?

Let’s say Cooney had a role (which I believe so), so what? Does a recruit from back in 2018 who barely see the field gets you promoted to a position coach? It would be a lazy hire if true.

t
I don’t get the *****ing , let manny pick his hires. Let him sink or swim with his choices. We’re literally in a win , win situation.

there are two factions on cooney. the SFL oens that love him and the ones that ride with hightower who hate cooney

Advertisement
Let’s say Cooney had a role (which I believe so), so what? Does a recruit from back in 2018 who barely see the field gets you promoted to a position coach? It would be a lazy hire if true.

a. it isnt true and i assume lashlee has guys in mind over cooney
b. the recuit not seeing PT istn really on PT but more on the eval i guess? hes not close to his recruiting rank. cooney did his job in getting a highly ranked kid here, but sucks the kid just isnt good
c. i agree on just promoting him to appease a few people. get a guy who gels with lashlee and fits what lash wants as a recruiter

t

there are two factions on cooney. the SFL oens that love him and the ones that ride with hightower who hate cooney

I think there's a 3rd......fans who couldn't care less about SoFla Pop Warner experience or Hightower (or Dee's insight) but strictly look at a guys resume and/or twitter feeds and formulate an opinion.

And if i had to guess, those would not be on board with it since his experience/history of developing kids is even less than that of Stubbs.

Advertisement
so having guys that wouldn’t recruiter south florida is what you want more of... got it. David can coach and recruit. now everyone wants telly here too smh this board is nuts
I honestly do not understand the mental gymnastics you had to go through to come to that conclusion. I am saying we need guys who have learned under other coaches and been elsewhere to perfect their craft instead of constantly being the place that guys learn on the job. This is not a binary choice where we either hire David Cooney or someone with no ties to the area. There are plenty of guys who are from Miami, coached in Miami, or have recruited in Miami, that have learned their craft for a number of years, and have proof of concept in putting guys in the league that we can hire. And let's be honest, we have not been recruiting South Florida so well even with all of these guys. It is ridiculous.

You know what will help Miami recruit best? Hiring a competent staff who can put points on the board and develop guys to go to the NFL. You act like we promote Cooney and suddenly Jacorey Brooks is going to stay home.

t

That's bull****. How about people who just want an experienced coach who has learned elsewhere, seen other cultures, put guys in the league, and has already demonstrated this? We have an incredibly green staff as is.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I honestly do not understand the mental gymnastics you had to go through to come to that conclusion. I am saying we need guys who have learned under other coaches and been elsewhere to perfect their craft instead of constantly being the place that guys learn on the job. This is not a binary choice where we either hire David Cooney or someone with no ties to the area. There are plenty of guys who are from Miami, coached in Miami, or have recruited in Miami, that have learned their craft for a number of years, and have proof of concept in putting guys in the league that we can hire. And let's be honest, we have not been recruiting South Florida so well even with all of these guys. It is ridiculous.

You know what will help Miami recruit best? Hiring a competent staff who can put points on the board and develop guys to go to the NFL. You act like we promote Cooney and suddenly Jacorey Brooks is going to stay home.
This. In addition to the fact that for the first time, we're finally running a modern offense. How about finding a quality recruiter that has been successful in south Florida and the country, while also having experience in our new scheme. It's very important to have all the offensive coaches with experience in what Lashlee is running.

Lol. Love ur screen name.
Thank god u pointed that out for me Tom. U ain't my uncle right? Not my pops I hope since hes dead and all.
Appreciate the compliment on the screen name. No uncle, no pops. However that would've been a neat trick on my part seeing as how i believe you would be slightly older than me. The uncle thing could work out tho i supposed.

Hmmm.....gotcha.

Well we have 3 LBs coaches and 2 DB coaches, why can't we have 2 of something on offense? Maybe inside/outside receivers?

I like your thought process here. I'm thinking we assign a corch to wideouts 6 feet and over and maybe Cooney to the midgets.

Advertisement
Back