David Cooney

Advertisement
Maybe Cooney can disarm Hickson to get back in D’s good graces.
giphy.gif

Nope. Very, very few are excellent in both areas. Those are the absolute best of the best. They don’t grow on trees. Most guys are coaches or recruiters. Few are truly elite at both.

Wrong. You need coaches that do both at a strong level nowadays. This isn't decades ago where only a few position coaches did one thing. If you want a successful program you need a guy that does both.

Advertisement
Lol, Manny told you that?

No lol all I am saying is we contacted other people first (even some NFL guys) and either were turned down or price was too high. For the record I am not against the Lashlee hire, but whenever someone says X guy is the clear and obvious choice, a lot of times he is but if that guy is not interested, you end up with plan B guys.

Who had the best WRs in the country this year? Hard to argue against LSU, isn't it? (Although yes, Bama might have something to say about that).

The LSU WR coach?

Coached WRs at Alcorn State and Grambling State.

Before Coach O grabbed him, he was at Louisiana Tech coaching...……………………..Running Backs.

Again, for the 700th time, you guys put WAY too much stock into coaching WRs. It's a recruiting position. Mickey Joseph got the LSU job because he's a NOLA guy and has extensive recruiting connections in Louisiana.

But sure, Ja'Marr Chase won the Biletnikoff Award because he was being coached by Louisiana Tech's running backs coach.

Would have no problem with this if we didn't already have green guys with no experience a **** near every spot already. Hiring Cooney isn't bad if it was a one off thing. But when you have guys like Rumph, Patke and Banda who really got their start here and none of them are exactly killing it then it it hards to believe this is work in Miami's favor.

Advertisement
lmfao... Might as well leave that position corchless. Would be better off.

Would it be the most UM move ever? Yeah, but what seems to get lost on this board is we are not exactly a destination point for a great assistant.

Lashlee was not our #1 choice, a lot of people here bang on their chest and say get X guy like it is some secret. Well, no **** sherlock, its not a secret but if we try and if we get told to F off, we are left with promoting within.
Bullsh*t, you are wrong. Get better sources . He absolutely was Miami #1 target and that’s a fact

Advertisement
No lol all I am saying is we contacted other people first (even some NFL guys) and either were turned down or price was too high. For the record I am not against the Lashlee hire, but whenever someone says X guy is the clear and obvious choice, a lot of times he is but if that guy is not interested, you end up with plan B guys.

....and I’m saying there’s a 99.9% chance that you don’t know who the **** they contacted first about the OC job.

Who had the best WRs in the country this year? Hard to argue against LSU, isn't it? (Although yes, Bama might have something to say about that).

The LSU WR coach?

Coached WRs at Alcorn State and Grambling State.

Before Coach O grabbed him, he was at Louisiana Tech coaching...……………………..Running Backs.

Again, for the 700th time, you guys put WAY too much stock into coaching WRs. It's a recruiting position. Mickey Joseph got the LSU job because he's a NOLA guy and has extensive recruiting connections in Louisiana.

But sure, Ja'Marr Chase won the Biletnikoff Award because he was being coached by Louisiana Tech's running backs coach.

Joe Brady was the WR coach this year based on everything i've read - it's even in his title. Yes there's another true WR coach on that staff but these same WRs were not as good before Brady came.

Advertisement
Joe Brady was the WR coach this year based on everything i've read - it's even in his title. Yes there's another true WR coach on that staff but these same WRs were not as good before Brady came.

Of course they weren’t. Because the scheme changed and QB play exponentially improved. Talent wins out at that position, especially when you’re given an opportunity to make plays.

People talk **** all the time about Jeff Thomas on this site, and I understand why. But he was open for at least 2 TDs against UF. Had Williams had time to throw (like Burrow did all year) and had Williams put the ball on JT (like Burrow did to his WRs all year) you think the narrative would’ve been a bit different? 2 TDs and 150 yards in a Miami win over UF? But it didn’t happen, so Stubblefield sucks. Makes sense.

Advertisement
Back