David Cooney

IF they feel Cooney "has the juice" then fine.. hire him. In saying that, Fields has to go. You can't have two inexperienced HS "recruiters" on same side of the ball with a staff that lacks veteran coaches. Sigh.

Advertisement
I guess you don’t fully understand his position. I’m not going to type two pages here. He’s responsible for almost every kid to a degree and the portal is 100% him for the most part. He is legit. His evaluations are really good too fwiw. He doesn’t decide who gets offered. that’s on the position coach and OC/DC/HC. David is no joke as a position coach (WR was his position) and he’s easily the best recruiter on staff. now we can get another one in his role. it’s not a bad move. if David didn’t get it, my guess is he bounces this or next year. the board would lose its mind if he went to fsu, uf or another school that recruits sf. this is a good move.

Thanks for sharing. The fact that the kids really like him doesn't move the meter for me. Lots of guys have come through greentree well liked by players but it hasn't amounted to much. And, if Manny has valued him so much and if he is by far the best recruiter on staff, then why have his evals and recommendations been ignored? You think Stubbs/enos overrode him on every kid?

Advertisement
Who is popular is irrelevant to me. That schtick and cowardly approach to leadership is what we have had under Manny so far with his passive aggressiveness and false bravado.

I want a guy who can recruit and lead these kids like an adult and have them working on their routes, hands, understanding the game plan, blocking, and working their asses off on strength and conditioning. Not an *** clown sending photos of a 'donk' or someone who sends cool tweets or a guy who wears a backwards baseball cap as his go to move or someone who partied with Luke back when 2 ****** crew was instilling fear in white America.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Who takes Cooney's role? DVD?

Give her the call-up!

EMEhSByXUAAuglS.jpg:large

Advertisement
Any possibility we bring Telly Lockette into Cooney’s director of recruiting spot if he does become WR coach?

Sure would be an intelligent thing to do.

Miami has made a living off of losing local kids to national schools. Not saying Cooney, Telly, or anyone else could/would stop that, but it makes sense to get as many good local recruiters as you can and add them to the staff. There's very little reason to leave south florida for most of your recruiting needs. If guys like Cooney and Telly can help with just a few kids to keep them home, it's a good move to go in that direction.

Advertisement
Back