David Cooney

I'm okay with Cooney only if we didnt at least test the waters w some of these other guys first. Im talking the big boys like UCFs WR coach or Craig.

But if we were just gonna end up w the wrs coach from Northwerstern State or someone analogous, Cooney works.

2021 is a big class for WRs down here. Cooney certainly would help in that regard.

Advertisement
If this happens I'm throwing a party for a month. This is ridge pride boy. He coached Wiggins and pope along with rodney scott for wrs at south ridge. This man will land our top targets at wr. He is and was the reason we had so many ridge commits. Billy Gibson, bentavious Thompson, Kenmore gamble. He is a good coach too

You really posted this? ^

I guess you don’t fully understand his position. I’m not going to type two pages here. He’s responsible for almost every kid to a degree and the portal is 100% him for the most part. He is legit. His evaluations are really good too fwiw. He doesn’t decide who gets offered. that’s on the position coach and OC/DC/HC. David is no joke as a position coach (WR was his position) and he’s easily the best recruiter on staff. now we can get another one in his role. it’s not a bad move. if David didn’t get it, my guess is he bounces this or next year. the board would lose its mind if he went to fsu, uf or another school that recruits sf. this is a good move.

Too bad the staff didn’t go with some of cooneys evaluations and guys he wanted to offer.

Ferman putting in work to get us ready -

AdmirableFeistyCrownofthornsstarfish-small.gif

Advertisement
I wouldn't like it but there's only so many times you can choose to not promote somebody before they leave. If he's our best recruiter and got some goods then whatever. This board will be ****ed either way. Half the board is calling for old dudes that have only went downwards in their career over the last ten years. People are really calling for the WR coach of the Salt Lake Stallions. lol

Does the WR coach really coaches these guys? Seriously. lol. A WR coach is just a monitor and a recruiter. So as long as the person in the position can recruit... then go for it.

How do we know this guy can recruit?

I realize his strategic position for recruiting on staff but that was because he was a local camp-connected guy. A local guy who didn't really land anyone significant outside of a guy he coached (maybe 2 if you count Wiggins) and has (per a guy on here) caused some drama with favorites. If convincing a guy from Buffalo to come here is his point of convincing to get this job you have to be kidding me. But he's never been a position coach at any sort of college.

So how do we know? Additionally, he hasn't trained under any offensive gurus or interned with any stud wr coaches or pass-productive teams.

This guy needs to go to FAU/FIU for a couple years first.

Too bad the staff didn’t go with some of cooneys evaluations and guys he wanted to offer.

Cooney only has recruiting capabilities om campus right? Id be interested to see what he could do if he were allowed to recruit and travel.

Advertisement
The “best recruiter” talk is just mind boggling. We are shooting airball after airball in Dade and were before the late losing streak as well?

Dade is supp Cooney’s stomping ground. He’s gotten his *** handed to him since Pope and Wiggins

Him and Baez can go take their little d***riding retweets wherever the **** they want when we hire a real wr coach.

Does the WR coach really coaches these guys? Seriously. lol. A WR coach is just a monitor and a recruiter. So as long as the person in the position can recruit... then go for it.
A good one does. See Clemson and LSU.

Brady implemented some crazy routines which helped his room. Had them catching balls through door frames and ****.

It worked.

Advertisement
Dugans could recruit. Couldn’t get our kids to catch a cold all too often though. And we ran TERRIBLE routes. Hope we’re not heading back to that.

The “best recruiter” talk is just mind boggling. We are shooting airball after airball in Dade and were before the late losing streak as well?

Dade is supp Cooney’s stomping ground. He’s gotten his *** handed to him since Pope and Wiggins

Him and Baez can go take their little d***riding retweets wherever the **** they want when we hire a real wr coach.

The comments on here are laughable about this guy. He belongs at a G5 school learning, or assistant WR coach somewhere, or even trying for an NFL internship or even GA position at a top school with a productive passing offense.

Advertisement
Wonder if it’s Sperman trying to stir up the local ******* Uncle Puke faction by trying to ascribe legitimacy to something they’d want only to have Manure go in another direction. Sperman has his Mario dreams so stirring up the locals against Manure might facilitate that in his rat head.

Advertisement
Back