David Cooney

Advertisement
This reeks of South Florida 7v7 coaches dictating this hire. I remember last time around they were up in arms on Twitter when Cooney didn’t get it. ******* clowns.
Lulz, I can totally see manure doing this thinking he'll now have juice to get the elites. Then it'll be another groundhogs signing day with the best throwing our hat on the ground

Advertisement
Mark Duper available?

1579534588870.png

I know the answer is probably "nothing". But does someone want to play devils advocate for me and explain just what in his history makes him qualified for the WR coach job?
Ok I understand where ur coming from but please tell me what did stubblefield do buddy can't seem to hold a job for more than year a place. Cooney is more of a recruiting hire than a coach which I will give you. But when he was a coach at Southridge he produced 3 d1 wrs

Advertisement
A lot of animosity there, man. I remember Dee calling Cooney a clown a while back. Seemed like there were some subliminal accusations that he was playing favorites with the Southridge kids.
wrong source “respectfully” Dee has his own agenda. it’s cool but David will do well in this spot. it’s an opportunity to get another recruiter on staff.

Step 1. Float idea of someone everyone will hate.
Step 2. Bring in someone who may not be a home run hire.
Step 3. Watch while people say this is a much better hire than expected.

This is nothing more than managing expectations.

Step 1. Float idea of someone everyone will hate.
Step 2. Bring in someone who may not be a home run hire.
Step 3. Watch while people say this is a much better hire than expected.

This is nothing more than managing expectations.
This actually seems to be manure's MO

Advertisement
I don't have an issue with Cooney joining the staff just not at this position. I want an experienced WR coach who also has some familiarity with the spread and has some playcalling history. Lashlee is only going to be here for a couple years maximum. The OL coach has some OC experience. We need a WR coach with OC ability also so we have options when Lashlee leaves for another HC or OC position. This is how you maintain consistency within your program similar to what Clemson has done with their staff. Recruiting prowess is always a plus but if we win recruiting becomes easier especially with WRs in SoFla.

wrong source “respectfully” Dee has his own agenda. it’s cool but David will do well in this spot. it’s an opportunity to get another recruiter on staff.
I’ve seen this story before. We brought in Ice Harris as RB coach to repair our relationship in South Florida and land croots, but clearly that didn’t work out.

Advertisement
Nothing points to Cooney being an elite recruiter. He got a bunch of premature applause for “landing” Stevenson, but we all know how that story ended.

Hes probably been our best offensive recruiter since Hartley. You cant publicly put the whole staff on notice than expect them to ace every hire when everyone knows they could be gone in 1 year.

Advertisement
Back