David Cooney

Advertisement
A promotion only makes sense if Manny really values Cooney as a recruiter and believes he needs a promotion to avoid him being poached by another staff. If Cooney is elevated, it does permit Manny to replace Cooney's current position with another recruiter, so that's a plus. But I have no idea of Cooney's actual coaching chops. (And I think Ferman makes stuff up too.)

Advertisement
A promotion only makes sense if Manny really values Cooney as a recruiter and believes he needs a promotion to avoid him being poached by another staff. If Cooney is elevated, it does permit Manny to replace Cooney's current position with another recruiter, so that's a plus. But I have no idea of Cooney's actual coaching chops. (And I think Ferman makes stuff up too.)

Exactly. It also elevates cooneys ability to recruit by being an on field coach. I dont like the hire but the reality is we need 1 guy on each side the ball who is the ace recruiter.

IF this is true, maybe Field moves into the Director of Recruiting position. He has national ties as well as local...

Advertisement
Exactly. It also elevates cooneys ability to recruit by being an on field coach. I dont like the hire but the reality is we need 1 guy on each side the ball who is the ace recruiter.
Nothing points to Cooney being an elite recruiter. He got a bunch of premature applause for “landing” Stevenson, but we all know how that story ended.

Cooney gets promoted and they promote DVD to Director of Recruiting. I think Cooney played a big role in getting KJ here and from the sound of it is a good recruiter. This would still be a huge missed opportunity and very much a typical Miami move.

Instead of bringing in a proven commodity like Darrell Wyatt and upgrading the overall talent level of the staff, you promote from within a staff that has heavily underperformed over the last few years.

Advertisement
Have absolutely no faith in him as a coach but I do think he’ll be able to recruit.
If this happens I'm throwing a party for a month. This is ridge pride boy. He coached Wiggins and pope along with rodney scott for wrs at south ridge. This man will land our top targets at wr. He is and was the reason we had so many ridge commits. Billy Gibson, bentavious Thompson, Kenmore gamble. He is a good coach too

Advertisement
We've been struggling with evals of local kids lately, have several talented kids we've either offered too late or not at all, so what's his role in all of that?

His biggest signee was pope? For all his reported "chess not checkers" notoriety that's all he's amounted to? Another one of Pete's giant fizzles.

This move would be dsddcane's dream come true.lol If we had a sliver of hope of bringing hightower back, cooney to WRC would be the permanent door close.

Advertisement
Back