Dave Aranda

I agree that he wont be approached but if he was, I’d be encouraged because IMO that would mean someone is actually paying attention, doing some HW and thinking outside the box.

He should be approached and interviewed even though he is way down on my list. There are a few reasons why

1) goodwill for the future - he knows he's green as a HC. Assuming Miami gives him a fair shot in an interview, if the UM job is open in the future, he'll remember UM showed genuine interest. Let's say UM gets its main target, Cristobal, but he has lots of early success and the NFL comes knocking, and he decides to leave. You want to have that rolodex of good coaches ready to go

2. He just might make some keen observations about the program during the interview that other coaches might miss. It can provide good data points for the future.

Again I don't have him in my top 6, but he's a good enough coach that I think UM should interview him (also, if the UM interview leads to Baylor upping his salary, I think he'd be extra appreciative)

Advertisement
Rhule has NFL roots long before Baylor, but definitely agree Baylor is a more attractive job than UM right now
bye felicia.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm willing to bet the baylor administration is way more committed to supporting the football program.
there in lies the huge difference and what makes this upcoming change in administration so great. for years Presidents, BOT members & AD pretty much got a pass, as they just had to listen to fan base and collect checks
Herbstet exposed this group and they know they have been riding the gravy train starting with Doona/P.Dee reign of error
correct me if im wrong, but didnt richt try to bring him in and he declined ?
LSU offers more $$, if i remember we went to 1m$

Advertisement
I asked about Aranda a week or so ago..at least with him you know the defense would be top notch and he seems ok to let the offensive guy deal with the offense…

Guy can recruit and he’s a lot better than some that have been mentioned on here

Advertisement
Had some interaction and familiarity from way back in his Hawaii days. Sharp dude, hard worker, guys liked playing for him and very open to change and adaptation (at least he was back then). Was also always trying to stay on top of current trends and technology. Really upgraded the way they used digital video for film study etc. Some people you just know right away that they are headed places. He was one of those

Pretty sure he didn't even play at the college level though. Some might look down on that after going through the Diaz regime.

there in lies the huge difference and what makes this upcoming change in administration so great. for years Presidents, BOT members & AD pretty much got a pass, as they just had to listen to fan base and collect checks
Herbstet exposed this group and they know they have been riding the gravy train starting with Doona/P.Dee reign of error

LSU offers more $$, if i remember we went to 1m$
"upcoming change in administration"

i want to believe...but apart from changing the HC I don't believe anything will change.

Advertisement
Back