Dave Aranda

Advertisement
Baylor is 5-1 with some low quality wins and you guys freak out and think Baylor is a better job than Miami. My god
Since 2010
Baylor: 90-55 (with 5 bowl wins including playing in the Sugar Bowl, Cotton Bowl, Fiesta Bowl)
Miami: 85-59 (with 1 bowl win)

Their previous coach is now an NFL coach for a pretty decent team. The potential is there for us but we've been irrelevant for 15+ years.

Advertisement
Tell Aranda to bring Herman with him as OC

Actually like his current OC, Jeff Grimes a lot better.

Grimes was BYU’s OC from 2018-2020 and credited as the guy who found Zack Wilson.

From his bio

A native of Garland, Texas, Grimes directed a high-powered offense at BYU in 2020 that finished its season ranked in the top 15 in 10 different statistical categories including scoring (3rd, 43.5 ppg), total offense (7th, 522.2 ypg) and passing offense (8th, 332.1 ppg).

The 2020 Cougars tied for the national lead in yards per play at 7.84, and led all of FBS in plays of 30 or more yards with 45. Overall, BYU scored 40 or more points nine times in 12 games.

In addition to his time as a coordinator, Grimes has extensive experience as one of the country’s top offensive line coaches. Since 2000, 17 offensive linemen that played under Grimes have been selected in the NFL Draft including three first rounders (Levi Jones, Nate Solder and Greg Robinson).

Coached at LSU, VT, Auburn, Colorado, BYU, Arizona St. Won a NC at Auburn.

Actually like his current OC, Jeff Grimes a lot better.

Grimes was BYU’s OC from 2018-2020 and credited as the guy who found Zack Wilson.

From his bio

A native of Garland, Texas, Grimes directed a high-powered offense at BYU in 2020 that finished its season ranked in the top 15 in 10 different statistical categories including scoring (3rd, 43.5 ppg), total offense (7th, 522.2 ypg) and passing offense (8th, 332.1 ppg).

The 2020 Cougars tied for the national lead in yards per play at 7.84, and led all of FBS in plays of 30 or more yards with 45. Overall, BYU scored 40 or more points nine times in 12 games.

In addition to his time as a coordinator, Grimes has extensive experience as one of the country’s top offensive line coaches. Since 2000, 17 offensive linemen that played under Grimes have been selected in the NFL Draft including three first rounders (Levi Jones, Nate Solder and Greg Robinson).

Coached at LSU, VT, Auburn, Colorado, BYU, Arizona St. Won a NC at Auburn.
I did like what grimes did at byu. And that line they had was talented as well. It’s got a lot of different looks to it. Not the same old crap asslee rolls out

Since 2010
Baylor: 90-55 (with 5 bowl wins including playing in the Sugar Bowl, Cotton Bowl, Fiesta Bowl)

Their previous coach is now an NFL coach for a pretty decent team. The potential is there for us but we've been irrelevant for 15+ years.
Aranda is playing with Rhule's recruits.

As a Carolina Panthers fan, let me tell you Rhule has a ridiculous eye for talent - the last two Drafts have been sensational.

I'd steer clear of Aranda until he starts stocking that roster with his own players, then I'd judge him.

As a Carolina Panthers fan, let me tell you Rhule has a ridiculous eye for talent - the last two Drafts have been sensational.

I'd steer clear of Aranda until he starts stocking that roster with his own players, then I'd judge him.
Yeah I’m not arguing that Aranda is the answer or even that he’s a good coach. I’m just stating that Baylor has been a better program than Miami performance wise over the last decade. And they’re commitment to winning is 100x stronger than ours currently.

People have unrealistic views on the state and reputation of our program. We have a long ways to go.

Advertisement
Aranda is a 3-4 guy. Would be a rough transition with how undersized Miami already is

Not leaving Baylor to come to Miami. No one has been successful here in 20 years. Plus the facilities at Baylor are top notch. I’ve been their several times. The city is not great but not far from Dallas and Austin.

Advertisement

so basically we hired the wrong Temple coach. figures

I think Aranda is ultimately going to be a good head coach, but this board also would have given up its 1st born for Charlie Weis and Ty Willingham when they each started like gangbusters too. The 5-1 start this year looks nice but it's hard to judge a coach after 15 total games. It's a risk and I'm not sure we can afford to make a risky hire at this juncture.

Advertisement
Since 2010

Lol; I was legit going to post almost verbatim what u posted last night & then I was like….for what? Lol.

LSU sniping Richt on Aranda has led us to this very point.

He's an excellent coach. Idk how well he'd recruit (he's a notoriously dry recruiter)...but Aranda + Jeff Grimes would have us firing on all cylinders schematically.

Advertisement
Back