Dave Aranda

I’m guessing he gets the USC job.
He’ll clean up SoCal/ West coast recruiting. Even more so if Mario comes here. He’s set.

We’ll find out this weekend if Baylor doesn’t make the Big12 title game. If they do we’ll find out the week after.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think Woodward tried hard to get Jimbo first
Yea he did but when they started “leaking” or whatever you want to call it the possible names Stoops was right at the the top.

He’s gonna be a home run there and it’s gonna bite us in the ***.

Yea he did but when they started “leaking” or whatever you want to call it the possible names Stoops was right at the the top.

He’s gonna be a home run there and it’s gonna bite us in the ***.
Yeah, I really like Stoops but LSU was going to get a coach before us regardless. They are at the top of the chain.

This is why I'm VERY worried about the scenario in which Mario and Lane say no. Who will be next for us?

Yeah, I really like Stoops but LSU was going to get a coach before us regardless. They are at the top of the chain.

This is why I'm VERY worried about the scenario in which Mario and Lane say no. Who will be next for us?
I’ve always said that if that’s an issue then call Bill Clark. He’s the only non P5 coach I would call and he’s literally never had a losing season then surround him with a bombshell staff.

I’ve always said that if that’s an issue then call Bill Clark. He’s the only non P5 coach I would call and he’s literally never had a losing season then surround him with a bombshell staff.
I think it will probably be a name like that, agree.

Advertisement
I’m guessing he gets the USC job.
It honestly would be the best fit for him. Not only is he a West Coast guy but he’s also a Hawaii guy. If he does get that job and I was Mario I would consider leaving Oregon very very seriously. Aranda will try and lock up the SoCal and IE players and he would also be the top choice for a lot of the Polynesian kids. Mario still has to compete with Alabama and Georgia for all the Florida and Georgia players and if Georgia wins a title it’s gonna get even more difficult.
Regardless how good of a recruiter he is, it still a very hard sell to convince kids to go all the way to Eugene.

I've always gotten the impression that Miami fans (this board) wants to be a 4-3 front on defense. Its surprising to me how much people want Aranda around here.

I watched him for a few years when he was up here at Wisconsin and Jim Leonhard gives him credit for showing him some of the specific wrinkles in college football vs the NFL. Leonhard runs a similar base 3-4 today and both are incredibly effective.

Would you guys be happy with a 3-4 if the defense was actually good?

Advertisement
I've always gotten the impression that Miami fans (this board) wants to be a 4-3 front on defense. Its surprising to me how much people want Aranda around here.

I watched him for a few years when he was up here at Wisconsin and Jim Leonhard gives him credit for showing him some of the specific wrinkles in college football vs the NFL. Leonhard runs a similar base 3-4 today and both are incredibly effective.

Would you guys be happy with a 3-4 if the defense was actually good?
Why would anyone ***** about a good defense regardless of scheme? I know. Some here would ***** just to *****

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back