Da'Vante Phillips decommits from Florida

My sources are telling me that Cook's going to East Carolina. He was impressed by their bowl win. Louisiana-Lafayette is running a close second at this point. This dude has never been wrong before. TFWIW

Advertisement
Also, Cook is not stupid! He has said he watches College Football, and knows his stuff! Loyalty is all he has ever wanted! Miami offers the most of it. Freeman is leaving, and Jimbo is surrounded in rumors of leaving to Texas- his two main recruiters MAY not be there!

He also may not play much at all next year. Both Wilder and Williams will do most of the work! He plays much more here and so does Lane! For all those saying Lane plays early there can't say that for sure. Jameis can very well convince the offense to stay another year! EASY! Lane won't touch the field there at that point next year. Matthew Thomas only played in big wins and he was a better recruit than all of these guys! Mario Edwars was supposed to red-shirt his Freshman year and only got in because of injuries! Please stoop the early playing time nonsense!

Finally, Cook is not as important to them as he is to us! We have one Duke! They went three deep at the RB position this year and they are supposed to land Mixon which holds them over till next year when they can bring in a couple BIG NAMES! Plus, who knows who else they have at the position. Cook is the second, maybe third RB here next year, either way, he gets more touches here than there!

Chances are Biles from Baylor gets the UT gig, they want him more than Jimbo. Texas born and raised, dynamic offense. Know the areas, etc. He is my odds on favorite next coach after the bowl game is over.

They might want Briles, but Briles might not want them. Briles is a very simple man, and he probably thinks he can win at Baylor without all the headaches associated with Texas. Briles lives by the motto: Faith, family, and football. Not sure the extra $2M per year would be that important to a dude like him. He won't even come close to spending what Baylor is paying him.

This one is really unpredictable and the truth is no one knows!

Everyone in here has a different pick: some say The U, some say FSU, some say UF! Someone is bound to be right!

Now look at the timeline and his own words and FSU actually makes the least sense. He said he made up his mind after a certain week and that was the week Miami dominated FSU with the in-home visits so it makes sense for us. Then he said it's probably the last time he and Joe play together AND he said the team he chose really just let him be, FSU and Miami both went hard at him, UF seemed to make the least noise which is why most people don't think it's them, but it may be.

Then we know his grandmother really liked FSU but in the recent "interview" she seemed apathetic saying it was his choice and she supported him with any decision! If it was FSU she would have been a lot more emphatic, but still it doesn't mean they are out of it.

Finally, FSU makes sense because they always recruit well but they are also ranked number one and playing for a National Championship!

Again everyone is in play, especially with this current period, the only "recruiters" he here's from are Joe, Trevor, Ermon, Quincy, and Devante. We have the absolute top 2 people to have. Ermon is going to go wherever he goes! Now Quincy is a bigger factor than most people think because last I checked he only has an offer from UF, and we know they are all friends and want to play together. These guys like him so that is why I think UF is still in it. It actually looks better that Devante decommits now than when Cook announces because it would look like he is following him much more if he waits. These kids know! Joe probably thinks it's UF and Miami because Cook can say things like "I don't know man I REALLY like UF but this is home and this is our city"! That leaves out FSU, doesn't say a for sure decision, and Joe interprets it as Cook really likes UF but can't say no to Miami!

That is a true break down and at the end of it, no one but these guys know! So just wait it out. Stop predicting!

That's a whole lot of goofy mental gymnastics.

Actually, it's a better "breakdown" based on the facts we have than anyone has given. Whether you agree with or not.

Could be package deal with cook or could be package deal with yearby and darling????

Yearby is trash compared to cook for most on this board even though he is the starter over cook???

Yearby is trash to no one on this board. Every UM fan loves the guy.

Advertisement
Ok so I have a very reliable source that told me about this news over a week before this happened. I posted it on a pervious thread. This same source is predicting that Cook is going to flip to Miami. That might mean Lane too. I got hammered in a different thread for predicting that Lane Yearby and Cook would be going to the same place. I thought FSU. Now it's looking like Miami. He's VERY reliable. And yes, I'm officially getting my hopes up.

What was the news you broke here a week ago before it happened?

Almost posting just like him, my guy from miami, meat ball said he is all fsu.... Lol. What a joke... Relax this will all be over in less than 2 weeks. Don't believe everything you hear on from SOME of the posters man....

Ok so I have a very reliable source that told me about this news over a week before this happened. I posted it on a pervious thread. This same source is predicting that Cook is going to flip to Miami. That might mean Lane too. I got hammered in a different thread for predicting that Lane Yearby and Cook would be going to the same place. I thought FSU. Now it's looking like Miami. He's VERY reliable. And yes, I'm officially getting my hopes up.

He probably meant Phillips decommitting from Florida.

Advertisement

only had 47 posts, and looking back on them, there wasn't anything.....

Advertisement
I just checked the westendzone guy post and it seems legit. He said davante Phillips uncle lives in the same apartment building as him and expect phillips to end up at miami. The guy posted this on December 15 so yeah he called it

Advertisement
Driving home from a Christmas party. I'll link it as soon as I can.

Posting on CIS while driving back home from a party? LOL

771.gif

Could be package deal with cook or could be package deal with yearby and darling????

Yearby is trash compared to cook for most on this board even though he is the starter over cook???

Yearby is trash to no one on this board. Every UM fan loves the guy.
Yearby is trash to no one on this Board and will be our starter in a couple of years. But he is commited and with no fan fare, so he is not discussed. Same as McDermott. Doesn't make them trash.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back