Official Daryl Porter, Jr. enters Portal (Commits)

Advertisement
Only concern is just how many total portal kids can we still bring in at this point? Def need at least 1 CB. Have major need at MLB, DE as well. And if a top notch WR or OL falls into the portal, you sure as **** are taking them as well.

Otherwise bring him and all his CB friends. Time to clean house there and start fresh

Only concern is just how many total portal kids can we still bring in at this point? Def need at least 1 CB. Have major need at MLB, DE as well. And if a top notch WR or OL falls into the portal, you sure as **** are taking them as well.

Otherwise bring him and all his CB friends. Time to clean house there and start fresh

We currently have 22 ICs (normal) and have so far had 2 post-12/15 guys enter the Portal, for a total of 24 available ICs at this time.

We currently have 14 signees and 5 guys coming in from the Portal. At a bare minimum, we can take 5 more guys (and let's not worry about the 85 number right now, we have PLENTY of time to get there by August).

Last edited:
Banks has one leg
I once watched the Notebook with a girl who had one leg. Well, she had a wooden leg in place but you get the idea. To be precise, it was redwood which is resistant to moister. She still had to shower with a bag over it. Obviously if her leg started rotting from exceissive moister, she would have to get a new leg. Also the Notebook isn't good. Not sure why every girl likes it.

Advertisement

I wouldn’t worry about that we just lost a TE I’m sure we are bound to have more after spring as are other teams and we will scoop like 3-5 more guys from the portal to fill spots

What’s your analysis of both players?
Sevyn Banks is a bigger body CB, who mostly play coverage in zone at OSU, but in high school was man all day. He’s a proven CB. I haven’t seen much of Porter but the size difference is what I’m looking at now.

Advertisement
So y’all would want this kid over Sevyn Banks??? I just don’t get it.
Animated GIF

Comparing the #1 overall player in the country as a recruit to a mid level 4*

Smart

#trumpycanethoughts
Comparing people saying they hadn’t played in the last year not talent . comprehension is key and last time i checked blades was an elite 4 star recruit top 100 overall in the country and performed that good in the time he did get significant playing time at Miami in his second and 3rd year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I was his and Marvin Jr’s camp counselor when they were like 7 and 5. This dates me. We played lots of football. Daryl was fast as **** and Marvin was enormous. Daryl was a super competitive, kinda edgy young kid. Marvin was a goofball, really sweet kid. None of this is any insight at all, they were practically babies. just memory lane. Glad both of them grew up and seem solid. I did try to incept UM propaganda into their impressionable brains but clearly I failed. Moms was bad bad bad.

Last edited:
I'm take him our corner recruiting been basic af for a very long time. Tyrique was a elite transfer that most knew would ball and he did. Everyone else beside the new bodies are meh. Sign him up....all the others that been here are names living off HS tapes.
Agree 100%. Get him.

I once watched the Notebook with a girl who had one leg. Well, she had a wooden leg in place but you get the idea. To be precise, it was redwood which is resistant to moister. She still had to shower with a bag over it. Obviously if her leg started rotting from exceissive moister, she would have to get a new leg. Also the Notebook isn't good. Not sure why every girl likes it.
Was her name Ilene?

I'm take him our corner recruiting been basic af for a very long time. Tyrique was a elite transfer that most knew would ball and he did. Everyone else beside the new bodies are meh. Sign him up....all the others that been here are names living off HS tapes.
Honest question: what grade would you give TS based on last year’s play?

He gets hyped a lot here, but he was kinda just mid. Might get massacred for this taek, but maybe there was a reason he couldn’t start outside at UGA.

I’m happy he is here, obviously. But if our roster was where it could/should be, is he penciled in like he is?

Here is his PFF (admittedly not the end all, be all):

1645052935092.png

Advertisement
Back