Official Daryl Porter, Jr. enters Portal (Commits)

Advertisement
I'd go after Banks or Smith first.... but I agree with what others have already mentioned above... Blades (healthy) is a decent #2...

Honest question: what grade would you give TS based on last year’s play?

He gets hyped a lot here, but he was kinda just mid. Might get massacred for this taek, but maybe there was a reason he couldn’t start outside at UGA.

I’m happy he is here, obviously. But if our roster was where it could/should be, is he penciled in like he is?

Here is his PFF (admittedly not the end all, be all):

View attachment 177851
I don't think he's a shut down corner he's super talented though. His money spot at safety though but he's so talented he is still our best corner. He saw a starting spot and transfered asap. Tells u how bad we recruited corner that a projected safety comes in and starts. He can do well as a college corner but in the NFL imo he needs to be a safety. He is still super versatile cause not all dudes his size can even play corner in college let alone start at a P5 school. Tells u how bad it is at corner regardless of where anyone wants to rank our prospects. Not alot of high end NFL talent in our corner room besides our new guys Mario's bringing. Manny and them boys did terrible there I never liked what they did there. An improved front seven can help those guys but we are a few classes away from seeing that.

I’d take him to add much needed depth but my money is on Al Blades jr to start opposite Tyrique.
I never liked Blades especially he wasn't even starting at STA. He is what he is but if we get this kid I rather put him opposite TS. But I'm not the coach so there's that. We need bodies at corner just like other spots.

Advertisement
The real question now is: can we sick Paranos on mama bear and pop out another recruit
Guess which one would be mine if I also had a kid with her
B268EB5E-6CFD-4893-9C68-72992CF309D7.jpeg

To me he is 100% take especially if he’s going to FSU if not here. Can’t let them stockpile talent at a position where we have legit needs in order to turn this around in 2022

Also, West Va fans are melting down over him leaving. That's usually a good sign he can play.

And agree, the idea that there is going to be another Tyrique out there after Spring, and that we'll be able to land him, seems unlikely
And in the event that there is one after Spring, you take his a$$ too

He gets hyped a lot here, but he was kinda just mid. Might get massacred for this taek, but maybe there was a reason he couldn’t start outside at UGA.

I’m happy he is here, obviously. But if our roster was where it could/should be, is he penciled in like he is?

View attachment 177851

The kid was hurt last year. Played most of the year hurt.

I'm fine with him. I'll bump him up to an A grade because he literally sacrificed his own future (injuries) and sanity (Manny's coaching) to do everything he could to help UM and to hold down one side of the field with (possibly) some of the worst CB help he's had since Pop Warner.

Advertisement
@PIPO — showdown …

Who hates who more?

@Dwinstitles - Blades

or

@Liberty City El - Ivey
I don’t hate Ivey.

I just can’t pretend he’s a good CB when he’s not.

He’s a detriment to the secondary because he can’t cover downfield, therefore he shouldn’t be playing...

It’s that simple, nothing personal.

Advertisement

View attachment 177851
The man played with one arm for over half a year. The man was a willing tackler with said arm. He was by far the best player in that side of the ball(not saying much tbh) . You can use those numbers that don’t take into account coverage schemes all you want, the guy is legit. With more help around him maybe he doesn’t take as many risks, maybe he’s not put in as many ****** situations. The kid deserves the praise he gets.

Love the fsu boards trying to call out wvu… “those are some serious allegations and complete bull**** for the mods to accuse us of tampering…. But I hope we’re doing it because it means magic mike is finally serious”… wait what?
Wait, “magic mike”? Exactly what magical sh*t has that guy done? I know it’s fsu, but even for them 5 wins is far from magical.

Advertisement
I don’t hate any player on the team.

Some are good players, others aren’t, that’s okay, it’s nothing personal.
That’s true man
I just get so angry when I see him bc he looks like he’s just being lazy and jogging
But I have to remind myself that’s him trying at full speed

I never liked Blades especially he wasn't even starting at STA. He is what he is but if we get this kid I rather put him opposite TS. But I'm not the coach so there's that. We need bodies at corner just like other spots.
Blades was a really good corner in 2019. If he can rediscover that form he’s definitely a starter.

Advertisement
Back