Official Daryl Porter, Jr. enters Portal (Commits)

Advertisement
I don’t hate Ivey.

I just can’t pretend he’s a good CB when he’s not.

He’s a detriment to the secondary because he can’t cover downfield, therefore he shouldn’t be playing...

It’s that simple, nothing personal.
DA503307-09E3-4D45-86DA-4EC9FE21262A.gif

The best man to man or cover 1 corners in the league are 5’11. What does height have to do with being able to play man?
This isn’t true but we’ll see

And even then you have to be a great athlete, i said if addae likes him ill trust em

Advertisement
Starting corner for WVU. Went to American Heritage. Addae originally recruited him.

My little bro was the starting S for American Heritage when DP2 was there in 2019. Made keeven job so much easier is a true lockdown corner despite size is freakishly quick & twitchy. Early production at WVU but also obv had fr mistakes that come with playing early. Incredible ball skills have seen him practice and do it in games would co sign this move in a second cause I know his best football is still ahead of him with stacking experience.

Advertisement
According to the numbers, we can take 5 more. Take Smith and DP if you can land them both. Best bang for the buck. Then LB, DE and an OT. Let’s ride.
I'd only take 1 more CB (unless we have additional attrition via the Portal). We really need:

• two upperclass LBs (studs not JAGs);
  • two effective pass rushing DEs; and
  • 1-2 additional OL.

As the numbers don't work (if we only have 5 remaining slots), Mario needs to be ruthless in his roster management & prune some dead weight so we can shore up positions where we're weak (LB, DE, CB & OL). These areas need to be addressed bigly, if we're going to have a great season. We had virtually no pass rush last year and our LBs weren't visible on most plays. It's going to take a heck of an overhaul to shore those areas up.

T-Rob didn’t coach the CB’s last year, DVD did.

And the hard truth is, at least 4 of our CB’s just aren’t that good, we have 3 TF’s coming in that have promise & maybe 2 guys who could possibly be pretty solid. Stevenson is the only P5 capable CB we have, the rest are a bunch of ?’s.
You’re not a fan of Clarke ?

I don’t hate Ivey.

I just can’t pretend he’s a good CB when he’s not.

He’s a detriment to the secondary because he can’t cover downfield, therefore he shouldn’t be playing...

It’s that simple, nothing personal.
Shouldn’t be playing! There’s no way he’s starting this year right? I couldn’t take another minute watching him and Jennings on the field Same time last year

Advertisement
Advertisement
You’re not a fan of Clarke ?
I’m not a fan of DVD when he was a player and now as a coach. I think about his absurd celebrations when it was an incompletion and not a PBU.

Then I think about what you heard guys saying about him as a coach and not being respected and I find it very believable.

But he knows the area, apparently is a solid recruiter. Glad we kept him, even happier it’s an off field position. Lol

I’m not a fan of DVD when he was a player and now as a coach. I think about his absurd celebrations when it was an incompletion and not a PBU.

Then I think about what you heard guys saying about him as a coach and not being respected and I find it very believable.

But he knows the area, apparently is a solid recruiter. Glad we kept him, even happier it’s an off field position. Lol
Ya that’s understandable. I think it’s good he’s still in the program I hear you, I just think Clarke can be a good player. I’m just sick of ivey, we know what he is and what he is not capable of. We need to move on from ivey

Ya that’s understandable. I think it’s good he’s still in the program I hear you, I just think Clarke can be a good player. I’m just sick of ivey, we know what he is and what he is not capable of. We need to move on from ivey
I could not agree more.

I honestly would consider his scholarship fulfilled on the schools end and ask him to move on.

Advertisement
Back